Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why No Cook Love

ShomarukiShomaruki
Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
edited December 16, 2016 in General Chat
I've been waiting to get my Cook Master Title For Little over Ten Years? ._. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for us getting the new instrument stuff but at the same time I feel like I've wasted sleepless nights of collecting eggs, water, flour, doing cooking competitions and the hell of the cooking dungeon for...nothing.
I was never a combat person in Mabinogi, I'm literally almost a pure Life/Mage.
Signature

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Didn't the game, including the beta come out in 2008?

I do agree that there are skills/master titles that need to be unlocked though. =T
  • ShomarukiShomaruki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Leinei
    Leinei said:

I do agree that there are skills/master titles that need to be unlocked though. =T
    8-10 close enough ._.. They keep adding new content and neglect finishing content.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Shomaruki
    Shomaruki said:

Leinei
    Leinei said:

8-10 close enough ._.. They keep adding new content and neglect finishing content.
    And this is why so many people from Tarlach have quit, too much focus on Generation and new quests and skills rather than upgrading old content. We have by far enough skills right now, so revamping the old skills should take higher priority.
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    I'm also wanting an update with the cooking skill. It'd be nice! There's still ingredients that were added to the game, yet have no use in making any dishes, like scallops. Cooking only goes up to Rank 5 and I would love a cooking master title.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    If they did that then the people with over 5k AP sitting around have nothing left to rank up...it would just be sitting there with little use. New skills = higher AP helps that....and helps the youth of mabinogi struggle and gasp for more AP and rebirths.

On a more serious note....It took them a long time to even get support shot situated let alone cooking to be mastered. Heck even meditation is stuck at rank...6? They only allowed a few ranks from where it was before. With the new song buffs.....they should just release rank 1 meditation already. While I do love cooking and the skill for mabinogi....i hated that it took me this long to obtain a reset skill capsule to reset my current rank so I don't have to do the cooking dungeon to obtain the book anymore. They really need to allow an optional reset on the old skill ranks when they redo the skill requirements.

But yeah....a lot of people left the game for it's lack of.....community and updates that could enhance the game more than make it progress. No sense in progressing more broken concepts in the game...most people would prefer something more stable and worth while to wait. Of course that doesn't mean to leave everyone in the dark either. I know that as a surprise ....everyone likes them, but you loose so much for miscommunication and left behind in the dark than it is to hint things.
    EMTchibi
  • SignatureSignature
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Inb4 Master Cooking, new items Cupcakes, + 100 Int/Ect
    Would be cool for catering hue
    EMTchibi
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I've been hoping for a full Cooking Uncap for forever.
    Looking forward to the day it happens.

But also, now that this Renown system is a thing, I'm hoping that they build upon it.
    Like, Adding renown related to other skills, such as Cooking, or crafting skills like Blacksmithing or Carpentry, or even gathering stuff, like Herbalism.

Also, renown for Combat-related stuff would be neat. But I think that non-combat stuff needs to be shown love first.
    The Music-skill renown stuff is an interesting first step.