Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ciar Boss Trial Rankings

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited April 11, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
Just something I have noticed for a while on the Ruairi server (other servers might have this same problem, I haven't bothered to check). The Ciar Boss Trial rankings have been frozen for quite a while, for years actually. Whenever I run the dungeon I usually beat it in under a minute or less, but I never ever rank with any of the players on the first page. Also the same players on the rankings never change, same players same order, every week. I don't know how long this has been broken, but since we are trying to tackle bugs like this and get the game fully functional again - I thought I would go ahead and post about it.

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 21, 2018
    What is the issue? Ciar Boss Trial Dungeon does not update Human rankings.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue? Run a Ciar Boss Trial dungeon on a human and it doesn't update rank list; run one on a giant and you will be updated on the rank list. (My husband ran, and is a giant, and he was listed instantly in the ranks.)

What do you expect to happen instead? I expect humans to also rank on the Ciar Boss Trial Dungeon.

Jazmyn
    Ruairi

Another topic by from April 11 with the same issue on the same server, who is also human. @Gaea
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/16066/ciar-boss-trial-rankings
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Can confirm that Alexina has this issue too. I never saw the list changing. It's always the same.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 21, 2018
    Yep I can re-verify. Ran ciar boss trial last night because I was curious if this was still broken. Finished within 58 seconds (I can do better than that, I did it half assed lol), no updated ranking.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Can confirm this is the case for Mari as well, and has been for a very long time.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    It has done this for years now unfortunately, but I can confirm Ciar too and Rundal as well while we're at it.
    If you tie an Elf or Giant in time, it does not update your score at all. So basically the only way I can think of getting on the board is being faster than the top Elf or Giant time, but I don't know if that actually works, yet.

I did run the Ciar boss trial recently, however I tied the 2nd place time at 33 seconds for it. Because of 2nd place being an Elf character, my time was ignored and not recorded at all.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Zarric wrote: »
    It has done this for years now unfortunately, but I can confirm Ciar too and Rundal as well while we're at it.
    If you tie an Elf or Giant in time, it does not update your score at all. So basically the only way I can think of getting on the board is being faster than the top Elf or Giant time, but I don't know if that actually works, yet.

I did run the Ciar boss trial recently, however I tied the 2nd place time at 33 seconds for it. Because of 2nd place being an Elf character, my time was ignored and not recorded at all.

My husband has a tie score with another giant, and there are also 2 elves with the exact same time, totaling 4 scores with the time, so I'm not sure that's the specific issue, but it's still interesting and might lead them somewhere on fixing it.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    You said he's a giant in your previous post, and with that there isn't a problem with Elves and Giants being on the board. There is when any Human tries to take a spot on it.

I'm a Human character and can not get on the board, outside of getting lucky and getting a better time. However I can confirm a Human who is at the #1 spot though for Ciar in Mari and they have been there for awhile now. Other than them, no other Humans at all.

I do hope this is fixed since it was working correctly in the past and broke at some point.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Zarric wrote: »
    You said he's a giant in your previous post, and with that there isn't a problem with Elves and Giants being on the board. There is when any Human tries to take a spot on it.

I'm a Human character and can not get on the board, outside of getting lucky and getting a better time. However I can confirm a Human who is at the #1 spot though for Ciar in Mari and they have been there for awhile now. Other than them, no other Humans at all.

I do hope this is fixed since it was working correctly in the past and broke at some point.

I guess I didn't realize you were saying your Human can't because of an elf's time; I apologize for misunderstanding.