Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should I come back.

IntentIntent
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
Hey Guys, I have not played since g20, and I was wondering if I should come back or not. My total level was 1000+. Is it easier to gain ap now like why should I come back?

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I came back, then I quit again.
    Gaby5011Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited November 27, 2018
    Yes. When we get the tutorial update (http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2018/0607_memory/memory.asp) it will very much be worth it. You will be able to gain 5000 levels within just a few days. That's 5000 ap to put towards skills instead of grinding endlessly for months or even years (depending on your schedule).

If NA decides to make it even MORE worthwhile they will release it with DOUBLE AP which could potentially mean 10000 ap! THAT will help catch you up with players who have been around a long time. All there would be left is training - which is also a sinch because of all the training potions and talent bonuses we have.

It will no longer be overwhelming for you, you'll get a little bit closer to the higher end players. The game will be more fun for you. Hang in there! All of you curious about returning HANG IN THERE!

@Katherz @Supreme_GM @Nkeona @Mewlynne @Czar

So correction, looks like it would still take a few months to get to level 5000, but still that is a huge time cut. Basically this memory book update is kind of like an exp curve on time required to get to 5k. It's not what I was expecting, but this is still good. I just hope they release it with double experience weekends or something.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's here! http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/memorybook
    pawcalypse
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 27, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Lol, and of course it requires you to join social media websites to enter the contest. Smh. Keep pushing your users away, Nexon... Keep on pushing your users away.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Lol, and of course it requires you to join social media websites to enter the contest. Smh. Keep pushing your users away, Nexon... Keep on pushing your users away.

Yeah well EXPOSURE happens that way.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 27, 2018

Paid advertising would work too. It's not like this social media EXPOSURE is honest; it's just people who want to enter the contest.

EDIT: I just really think I'm done caring about this game and done with these forums. They prioritize cash only; yet they can't answer a question about cards. There are multiple tags for GM's other areas about the events, yet nothing gets answered; but the shop questions and issues are dealt with instantly. We get gacha'd all the time, bots are still in Belvast, people still sell their items for real money, people still run mods, new content releases still have huge cash investments to really get anything, etc. I get it takes money to run a game, but come on.... https://www.forbes.com/profile/kim-jung-ju/#63fd75266153

EDIT: Sorry OP, I don't think it's worth coming back unless you can avoid looking at the cash items you'll never have.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 27, 2018

Paid advertising would work too. It's not like this social media EXPOSURE is honest; it's just people who want to enter the contest.

EDIT: I just really think I'm done caring about this game and done with these forums. They prioritize cash only; yet they can't answer a question about cards. There are multiple tags for GM's other areas about the events, yet nothing gets answered; but the shop questions and issues are dealt with instantly. We get gacha'd all the time, bots are still in Belvast, people still sell their items for real money, people still run mods, new content releases still have huge cash investments to really get anything, etc. I get it takes money to run a game, but come on.... https://www.forbes.com/profile/kim-jung-ju/#63fd75266153

Hey we should take this to another thread. If you like feel free to create one, because this point we are derailing this poor op's thread. :(
    Jazmyn
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Well gen 21 gives you a new transformation, I'm a lowly level 600 with little progress towards the story but it can't hurt popping in from time to time. They uncapped life skills and expanded stuff like cooking, fishing and some others I'm probably missing, added something to let you build more stuff at your homestead and finally made characters for renown so it isn't just music.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The game is the same as it will forever be, a grindy yearly plan game with each new content that could of been good but became awful rather fast.

Is this game worth coming back to? Wait till that 5000 level event come by if your below lvl 5000, or wait till G22 when something new and cool shows up.

Tho to be honest this game already had my soul into it's clutches its sorta hard to let go now. The moment this game close down is when my soul will be free but then id be a ghost wondering around for a good MMO to show up yet to be tainted with god awful RNG and pay to win.

But enough about me, this game as it is, id say run while you still can but its surviving a bit well enough to be worth coming back, its sad that there is no MMO anything like this one with the freedom to be anything you like at anytime anywhere and all at once.

Although if Mabi mobile ever come to NA id give it a shot for that tear of nostalgia when this game had that magic only to have it swiped away really fast when the company get to greedy to fast for a panic reason to drop the game.
    pawcalypse
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

Because social media isn't a big thing right? Social media is a tiny little thing right? Because advertising on social media is completely uncommon and unheard off.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 28, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Because social media isn't a big thing right? Social media is a tiny little thing right? Because advertising on social media is completely uncommon and unheard off.

Man that comment is dripping with so much sarcasm it's juicy.

@Intent I think you should return. We are about to get that update I mentioned on the 6th. (Which was so COINCIDENTAL right after I made that comment, I laughed my ass off lol). It's going to make leveling STUPID fast and FUN. We welcome you back. ^_^
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Man that comment is dripping with so much sarcasm it's juicy.

@Intent I think you should return. We are about to get that update I mentioned on the 6th. (Which was so COINCIDENTAL right after I made that comment, I laughed my ass off lol). It's going to make leveling STUPID fast and FUN. We welcome you back. ^_^

Agree, I think right now it's a good time to come back. We've had several updates this year and enough content and incentives to play.

Speaking of ads, I haven't seen any Mabi ads on my sponsored by _____ on certain web pages or streaming sites as of late. Maybe I haven't been Googling Mabi enough for them to activate? lol
  • QianliyanQianliyan
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Come back and I will love you for ever and ever we will be the best of friends :O
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 28, 2018
    I love the fact that since this update was announced there are new members of the forums cropping up all over the place. SQUEE!!!

This might just be the REBIRTH of Mabinogi. I am so excited! XD

This is SOOOOOOOOO what we needed!

tenor.gif
    Kensamaofmari
  • HaseoInadaHaseoInada
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I love the fact that since this update was announced there are new members of the forums cropping up all over the place. SQUEE!!!

This might just be the REBIRTH of Mabinogi. I am so excited! XD

This is SOOOOOOOOO what we needed!

tenor.gif

only problem is its a straight middle finger to all of us who have put in the hours to grind and earn our . who have passed the 5k mark. meaning all our effort and bullshit we put up with went to naught so this update