Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memory Book Seals Broken?

MoonkaMoonka
Mabinogi Rep: 730
edited December 19, 2018 in General Chat
I'm trying to rank healing on my new character with the special skill seals. It says I cannot. Anyone know if this is a bug or intended?

Comments

• LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    They are for combat related talents as healing is a cleric talent it is not available to be leveled
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    But people can do it on Enchanting..? This seems a little backwards. It's just the healing skill, not like I'm trying to seal my way past life skills.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Moonka wrote: »
    But people can do it on Enchanting..? This seems a little backwards. It's just the healing skill, not like I'm trying to seal my way past life skills.

It shouldn't work for enchant, as mentioned on the other thread. If someone in game is saying it works, then something went wrong.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    It depends what talent the skill falls into, but yeah I didn't expect that either that being said R1 enchant woo
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

It shouldn't work for enchant, as mentioned on the other thread. If someone in game is saying it works, then something went wrong.

Actually, Enchant is a Magic skill, so Magic seals work on it. Same goes for any Alchemy skills, as both Transmutation and Battle Alchemy fall under the "Combat Talent" prerequisite. As mentioned before, Healing falls into the Cleric talent, which, alongside Bard and Life skills, cannot be ranked with the ongoing event's seals.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited December 19, 2018
    Draech wrote: »

Actually, Enchant is a Magic skill, so Magic seals work on it. Same goes for any Alchemy skills, as both Transmutation and Battle Alchemy fall under the "Combat Talent" prerequisite. As mentioned before, Healing falls into the Cleric talent, which, alongside Bard and Life skills, cannot be ranked with the ongoing event's seals.

So basically the new classification of skills and talents have allowed some older non-combat skills which don't fall under the new non-combat talents this boost. Seems strange, but I guess we'll take it. Healing spam is annoying and the healing pots don't come cheap.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, the skill seals are specific to those Talents.
    Not the particular tab the skills are in in the skill window.

It's also why they can't be used on skills like Meteor Strike or Snap Cast, as those aren't "Magic" talent skills, but "Merlin" talent skills.