Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

any tips so i can stop walking in circles

LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
Mabinogi Rep: 815
edited December 21, 2018 in General Chat
Hi im a level 1500. My stats at base 67 are : Str 531 Int 158 Dex 198(im using heavy armor) Will 303 Luck 166

So i thought i could reach 100% critical and devoted alot of time to critical items and turned out i was capped at 30% lol turns out its useless really

Im using a Shuriken (This is what i want) and that new update with reduced cooldowns on shurikens and stuff, Yes i want this to be a main weapon.

Then i have a glory sword with spirit. This was gonna be cheesed out in a bash / smash 100% crit build but now its just a boss killer.

Shadow Mission:
Behind Enemy Lines
(second best reward for 25 mins)
lots of 100HP pots and decent gold. Completion usually gets me arats and random enchants. Tons of leather here.

I can see shadow missions being good with the beltane shadow crystals.

Baltane Missions:
I can clear most of these pretty easily except for the few stat dependent ones
but actually clearing these missions dont seem to profitable and i should just stick to leveling my squires and making them collect seals
trying to pull seals out of intermidiate/begginer boxes is brutal

Kinda want to get a cylinder to make life easy.

Uldah Dungeons:
One of them has super high defense zombies so i dont try to clear it, but it seems like i can clear them all except for hard mode. Dont seem particular profitable compared to other things, but some gear only drops and enchants etc so i guess that would be my reason to clear those things.

Theater Mission:
I clear most hard mode missions but i just want a glory sword... should i just do advanced? or farm hard mode passes for the dungeons that drop it...
cause the only glory swords i got were bought lol
seems good for my spirit weapon and one of the only places that drops a glory sword for repairs.
100% repairs are brutal here, low gold drop, cheap potions and long as hell. I just want the Glory Swords. Got a pet wolf just to sheer these things too.

Maiz Prarie:
Pretty sure gargoyle is the strongest dungeon on exploration continent, could be wrong but cant find anything online.
I like this dungeon, decent gold, and alot of bonus AP for explo ( I dont seem so thirsty for AP anymore since i can clear everything and stuck behind this wall)

I get your supposed to do what you want but from my perspective, presently , this is the best route for me to continue:

1) farm adventurer seals / do dan test / do gmasters etc
2)send squires out, train them etc.
3)get crystals and do Shadow Missions

4)get will/str gear/enchants where ever i cant get damage)

Im posting this because im just a bit curious as to what you guys did to get so strong, i can hit 6k+ with a smash crit off bash multiplier but some random chainslasher was slapping the dummy in festival island around for 15k every hit. She said she was playing for years but still the difference in our power is crazy.

If someone can shed some light on my situation. That would be awesome

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you're under level 5,000, why aren't you doing the Blaanid Memoir questline?
    You can get a rebirth potion and 30,000,000 exp after each quest, which is basically level 120-something.
    You should be doing that, rebirthing between each of her quests, so you can get as high a level as you can.
    This is best done alongside the current event that gives you a gift box every 500 levels that gives 10 100exp skill seals.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Lllaaazzzy wrote: »
    Hi im a level 1500. My stats at base 67 are : Str 531 Int 158 Dex 198(im using heavy armor) Will 303 Luck 166

So i thought i could reach 100% critical and devoted alot of time to critical items and turned out i was capped at 30% lol turns out its useless really
    It is capped at 30% after taking into account the enemies' protection, thus making it important to keep your crit higher. 1 enemy protection reduces your crit chance by 2%. If they have 10 protection you'll need 50% crit to cap your crit to 30%. The 30% limit can also be increased with renown. Some skills (most AoEs) do ignore the enemies' protection when calculating crit

Im using a Shuriken (This is what i want) and that new update with reduced cooldowns on shurikens and stuff, Yes i want this to be a main weapon.

Then i have a glory sword with spirit. This was gonna be cheesed out in a bash / smash 100% crit build but now its just a boss killer.
    Once you have a good amount of crit, red special upgrading will deal more damage than a melee ego. Eventually you'll want to use Celtic Royal Knight Swords (or Frosted Borealis Hammers if you're a giant) for the extra crit damage and boosted Bash damage from the set effects.

Shadow Mission:
    Behind Enemy Lines
    (second best reward for 25 mins)
    lots of 100HP pots and decent gold. Completion usually gets me arats and random enchants. Tons of leather here.
    If that works for you then it works. A better/faster way to make gold might be to join a large party and spam Shadow Wizard.

I can see shadow missions being good with the beltane shadow crystals.
    I've not heard of beltane shadow crystals. Where are they from?

Baltane Missions:
    I can clear most of these pretty easily except for the few stat dependent ones
    but actually clearing these missions dont seem to profitable and i should just stick to leveling my squires and making them collect seals
    trying to pull seals out of intermidiate/begginer boxes is brutal
    2 don't give rewards, they're just for farming exp. The Bridge and Round Table rewards need a lot of luck. You get gold rewards from the 2 stat dependant ones, but you gotta train your squires for those I think.

Kinda want to get a cylinder to make life easy.
    Go to Taillteann and grab a cheap one? Rain Casting is very useful for controlling aggro and increasing your crafting success rate. Sand Burst is also very useful in battle.

Uldah Dungeons:
    One of them has super high defense zombies so i dont try to clear it, but it seems like i can clear them all except for hard mode. Dont seem particular profitable compared to other things, but some gear only drops and enchants etc so i guess that would be my reason to clear those things.
    I'm guessing you mean the Weights in Peaca Dungeon? They are immune to all melee damage, so switch out to your Shuriken. Or maybe you mean the blue Ghouls, they're immune to ranged damage so switch to magic or melee.
    Unless you're hunting for something, non-hardmode dungeons aren't all that useful in my oppinon.

Theater Mission:
    I clear most hard mode missions but i just want a glory sword... should i just do advanced? or farm hard mode passes for the dungeons that drop it...
    cause the only glory swords i got were bought lol
    seems good for my spirit weapon and one of the only places that drops a glory sword for repairs.
    100% repairs are brutal here, low gold drop, cheap potions and long as hell. I just want the Glory Swords. Got a pet wolf just to sheer these things too.
    You might want to consider changing your ego to a more common sword... Theatre Missions are a waste of time unless you're doing them for a quest or something. Marital Arts Tournament is worth doing for gold/exp, but you'll probably need a party to run it at your level.

Maiz Prarie:
    Pretty sure gargoyle is the strongest dungeon on exploration continent, could be wrong but cant find anything online.
    I like this dungeon, decent gold, and alot of bonus AP for explo ( I dont seem so thirsty for AP anymore since i can clear everything and stuck behind this wall)
    I think the dungeons in Iria are not worth doing. If you want exploration exp, the Lich Sketching exploration quest is the fastest way.

I get your supposed to do what you want but from my perspective, presently , this is the best route for me to continue:

1) farm adventurer seals / do dan test / do gmasters etc
    2)send squires out, train them etc.
    3)get crystals and do Shadow Missions

4)get will/str gear/enchants where ever i cant get damage)

Sounds good to me. Dailies for that little extra AP. Do events to get items and such to sell for gold. Help out your friends and guildies with their quests. When you're in the mood, grind higher skill ranks.
    Skills add stats so look up the ones that give Str and Will to know which to grind.

Im posting this because im just a bit curious as to what you guys did to get so strong, i can hit 6k+ with a smash crit off bash multiplier but some random chainslasher was slapping the dummy in festival island around for 15k every hit. She said she was playing for years but still the difference in our power is crazy.
    Capped stats, step 6 red upgraded Celtic Howling Chainblade, big damage enchants, and the huge multiplier from Chain Impale. Getting this all together will take a long time. Grinding skills to get the stats, saving gold for the chainblade, spamming dungeons for the enchants.

If someone can shed some light on my situation. That would be awesome

You look like you're already going in the right direction. You might want to consider spreading out into more talents to try them out and get stats. Once all your ninja talent skills are r1/Dan the only way to be a stronger ninja is to focus a lot of gold on it which could take a lot of time, or get stats from other talents.
    pawcalypse
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    i just finished clawing my way through peaca and seriously doubt i made enough cash for repairs

looks like i just need a guild haha
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    repairs are free for a bit so just got nuts as much as you want with your weapons until it ends :D
    Leinei
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    sounds like i mostly need a guild then since epic/lords require more then 1 person

clawed my way through peaca this morning, dont plan on doing that again.

Thanks for the replies i think i mostly just need the crit damage gem upgrades then ill probably catch up. . . too bad about the generation quest line being completely skippable but w/e
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited December 21, 2018
    plain and simple, u need music buff BFO 40%+, combo card and bone dragon or weapon potion
    if u prepare to spend more real money i suggest that invest on skills that high damage and low cool down.
    magnum shot, lance charge or chain impale
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    lol thats quite the event, ive been playing on and off for like 2 years just growing casually and now im sitting on 6k AP and 40 100 training seals. . . . .
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    lol thats quite the event, ive been playing on and off for like 2 years just growing casually and now im sitting on 6k AP and 40 100 training seals. . . . .

Your name kinda tells who you are.

Just joking. Honestly, I'm being really lazy too for the last 2 years or so. My main reached 18k total level just recently and I still got some skills to rank. I'm especially annyoed how Life, Ninja, Gunner and some non-combat Alchemist skills are so grindy. I have ton of exp potions, some seals and about 4k AP, but nope, I just can't force myself go through hell.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited December 21, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Your name kinda tells who you are.

Just joking. Honestly, I'm being really lazy too for the last 2 years or so. My main reached 18k total level just recently and I still got some skills to rank. I'm especially annyoed how Life, Ninja, Gunner and some non-combat Alchemist skills are so grindy. I have ton of exp potions, some seals and about 4k AP, but nope, I just can't force myself go through hell.

No no no you hit the nail on the head Greta. :P

This is a korean grind fest. It's going to be grindier than normal online games. That is korean mmo tradition. lol. It will take several years to max everything out and get all your gear fully upgraded, enchanted, reforged, ext. Definitely do recommend getting on ball with the memoir book update, that will shave a 1-2 years off of what we had to go through. A lot of us here have been playing for 10 years.

Do not give up. You have a long journey, but it will be worth it in the end, and yes do join a guild. It's makes it more bearable. You can be lazy with this game, but that just make it take longer to reach "end game".

Also, you're never really "end game", they are always releasing new power creeps. iHUHPgR.png
    Policromapawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Don't sit on those 40 training seals for too long. They're timed if I remember correctly. I wound up using mine on Enchant (Magic) and Lance Skills. Be careful with how you select the talent they're for and keep track of your ranks so you don't wind up with excess seals you can't use. =T
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Enchant is the best money making skill in this game.

U can turn a 5m item into 20-30m if U play it rite.

Take the profit and gear urself up for da meta-game this way if ur free2play or casual.