Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Enchant system proposal

ShadowamiShadowami
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
edited December 23, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Two threads of the same topic and from two different forum sections have now been merged into one. Thank you.

I noticed that we have up to 20 chances for an enchant to succeed versus the old 2008 days of mabi where all enchants only had 2 chances and that was it. That may be an improvement as the enchants become more numerous, but another issue persists. The % chance system remains the same. And even with enchant bonus weekends, or thursdays, it is possible for all 20 chances on the enchant to be used up, killing an expensive enchant. I propose that after each time the enchant fails, the % chance actually increases as it is being used over and over. Like if the enchant somehow failed 15 times and have 5 attempts left, the % chance goes up to a cap of 80-90 depending on the rank of the enchant skill. This way, it is still viable to use enchant protection potions and keep a healthy business going with that, but also satisfy the players with what is needed. As it is now, with a constant low chance with higher end enchants, people are not going for as many protections as they could be, because with such a low chance regardless of the rank of enchant skill, what's the point? Sure you will still have whales that will continue spamming until success, but what about those who are not? And would like to conduct business with enchants to improve their performances, but see no point in going for an expensive enchant if there is such a high chance for the entire scroll to die from all the attempts.

I just believe that not everything need to be overly geared around "luck." Because there are people who has nothing but bad luck, but would like to have a break of success here and there.
Bloonk
  1. Does this sound like a good idea?5 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 23, 2018
    Much like gacha is a cash cow for this game and company, so is the the enchant system. I don't see either of these things changing. Ever.

Also you already have this thread in the suggestions forum.
    Imaizumi
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    escalating odds and bad luck protection is something all games should have :). good suggestion.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Much like gacha is a cash cow for this game and company, so is the the enchant system. I don't see either of these things changing. Ever.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Gaea wrote: »

There are issues with the system that aren't even related with Nexon making a profit; the fact that burning enchants gives you one chance for example.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited December 23, 2018
    Enchant system (rates,dura decrease) were designed when Rank 3~1 enchants weren't a thing, nowadays every good new enchants comes with exclusive+high rank
    Issue is you only get 20 tries per enchant and if you fail all of them....you are left with big f**k you because you lose your expensive enchant and all the resources used for enchant (20 divine powers and 20 enchant prots)
    This happens quite frequently with rank 3 or above enchants, I had 23% with divine powder and this happened
    EGnlVH2.jpg
    There's no way to repair a enchant (why does a enchant have dura in the first place????) so....the game just throws big f**k you at you when you had your bad luck already....
    They could make enchants repairable with item sold in cash shop or something, it'd benefit both player and Nexon....but honestly I don't see that happening
    Another issue I have is burning enchant, they have literally no protection for burning enchant, and it fails very often despite the chance being 87% or above (Idk how much rank 1 campfire increases) so its another thing that they could sell protection at cash shop
    Yes I am salty because I failed 2 cadenza burns, a icarus burn, and enigmatic burn.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I feel ya lil' fella.
    Especially this guy:
    1e2av9.jpg
    This enchant system is 2 outdated...dude must be butthurt as heck 2 try to take out his fustration via scam.
    3De0PtL.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 23, 2018
    Oof that's pretty low of that user. Stuff like that should be removed by the GM's in game. smh.

The reason why I say that the system will never change is because of situations like that. The next time that user gets a hold of an enchant like that again they will be even more compelled to buy enchant protection potions and whatnot.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    That is why you read and make sure the durability is at 100% <3
  • RheyRhey
    edited December 23, 2018
    if they don't wanna change the mechanics they gotta lower the price of entry of the work arounds. 8$ a pop with rates as low as 10% of the rarest of rarest enchants is rage inducing fo sure. 9 slots with 2 enchant slots is a nightmare for anyone who is srs bout dat(Min-Maxing) lyfe. Doesn't help either when divine powder only adds 1-2% @ 900k a pop/or sacrificing rare Divine materials...OTL
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    That may be, but it will not do any company any good if the community wises up with the enchants and slow down entirely. I think some company smarts to actually help MAKE more money is something I'm proposing here
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    I say that to say this. I had a back breaking enchant and I had all Divine powder tries, with this weekend being an enchant bonus weekend. 35% success. And all 20 attempts failed. But good thing I had friends who didn't need their hot time enchant protection to put it on my gloves for me, but think of it this way. That would have been about 100 dollars or over 60m worth of potions just for complete fails all the way through. Can you imagine? Until they revamp to that strategy, I'll never go for enchants of that kind of rank again, until they do better.
  • RheyRhey
    Shadowami wrote: »
    I say that to say this. I had a back breaking enchant and I had all Divine powder tries, with this weekend being an enchant bonus weekend. 35% success. And all 20 attempts failed. But good thing I had friends who didn't need their hot time enchant protection to put it on my gloves for me, but think of it this way. That would have been about 100 dollars or over 60m worth of potions just for complete fails all the way through. Can you imagine? Until they revamp to that strategy, I'll never go for enchants of that kind of rank again, until they do better.

It's alot worse if it's a collab timed enchant. U blew 30-40m to acquire one then poof all dur is out and u'll have to wait a very long time or purchase another scalper's copy to try again. Haha...*shivers*
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I will admit that when it comes to enchantment, burning is always problematic. You can have both R1 enchant and campfire, as well as be using special firewood, and still fail to burn off a valuable enchant, which results in basically just feeding the fire and losing everything. Once chance, one attempt. the maximum potential burn chance I believe is about 86%, but that still leaves plenty of room for fire feeding. They came out with colored candles with the new life skill update that you can use on a fire, so what I would personally propose is for them to come up with one that increases enchantment/enchantment burning success rates by 5% (finest grade candle) to shrink that 14% chance of failure down to 9%.

In addition to this, it would probably be a good idea to do away with the "all or nothing" approach when enchant burning by utilizing one or more of the following suggestions:

1) devise a simplistic "failure" result that does not result in actually frying your items (If you can fail to collect water in this game, failing to burn something isn't very far off)
    2) create a cash item such as a charm or seal that functions similarly to that of any other protection item.
    3) decrease durability on the item of failed burns. Considering the max success rate of 86%, the amount lost can probably be something like 30-50% of the items dura. This presents the player the opportunity one additional attempt at the least, or the choice of repairing it via hammers and attempting it again later.

The use of the enchantment candles should bring the success ratest of high rank scrolls up from, say, 22% up to 27%. On enchant day, its 28%. I know many of us have failed 30% upgrade steps many many times, but its rare for it to be 20 times in a row without a single success. Then again, some of us just simply dont possess luck, so I understand that too. My sympathies for your losses. :(

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari
  • RheyRhey
    They should also increase the bonus by 1 percent for every 200int after the initial bonus. Makes capping int @ 1500 worth it for that extra 5-6% ontop of the initial 200 cap.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Yeah, I just don't believe in it being geared around so heavily on luck when it comes to this sort of thing. There are a such thing as people who has bad luck their entire lives, and would at least like some success here and there. That's why I propose victory of both sides with this idea. This would actually increase the purchases of enchant protects potions, while by the end of the day, will most likely succeed after an amount of fails. It will do them no good if all the whales get all the enchants they will ever want, and the rest never touch those things in the shops again. Which will end up happening
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    A few ideas for improvement.

1) Enchant skill training for a particular rank could include burning and/or applying enchants of the same rank or higher. For example, Enchant Skill Rank C requirements would call for burning and/or enchanting rC stuff. Rank B would require rB enchants/burns, and so on. This pattern would continue through Enchant Skill Rank 5 (higher than this it gets tricky). This training would be more appropriate than just thousands of generic enchant successes.

2) Enchanting items through actions and experiences: Perform or experience something and one of your gear will get an enchant related to that experience or act. This is how I imagine enchanting naturally occurs in the world of Erinn. Example, if you do some cowardly action like run away from a weakest monster, then your hat (randomly chosen) will get the Cowardly rD suffix (only if there's an empty suffix spot). If you kill a bunch of lions then your weapon gets the Lion Hunter's prefix. (just for convenience there will have to be a way to actually clear an enchant suffix or prefix from an item)