Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Carnvorious Fish

Michelle24Michelle24
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited January 5, 2019 in General Chat
Where is the best place to catch carnvorious fish. Ive been fishing for 3 days straight now in port cobb and haven't seen any.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    How about Tir Chonaill's reservoir?

It's still incredibly rare, though.
  • Michelle24Michelle24
    I'll start fishing there, thank you very much
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Not sure if you have it, but I think this is where the 2nd title for fishing comes in handy.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Nah you are better off at port cobh. I've caught several there myself afk fishing. It's rarer at Tir.
    pawcalypseImaizumi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it's easier to catch with certain event bait feeders, but I caught my only non-event bait one at Tir Chonail. it's just as rare as trying to catch a Sturgeon in an ice lake
  • Michelle24Michelle24
    i was fishing next to another player in Tir last night and he caught one while he was afk fishing. I've been fishing now for 4 days and I haven't caught one yet. I've been to port cobb, abb neigh, and Tir
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Rng my friend
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Michelle24 wrote: »
    i was fishing next to another player in Tir last night and he caught one while he was afk fishing. I've been fishing now for 4 days and I haven't caught one yet. I've been to port cobb, abb neigh, and Tir

It's just super rare and random to get a catch.
    I've been on my main char for 8 years and have ranked up fishing and have never caught one.
    I log onto an alt at rank F and catches one.

This one and sturgeon are annoying.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Inb4 they make that fish a end-game material for weapons or armor.
    KensamaofmaripawcalypseImaizumi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gaea wrote: »

A sea dwelling, scale covered vertebrae being the material basis for high end armour? That sounds...fishy, and I don't sea it happening.
    Iyasenu
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 7, 2019

that won't work because you can buy infinite amounts of them from an NPC during the emain macha cooking contest

A sea dwelling, scale covered vertebrae being the material basis for high end armour? That sounds...fishy, and I don't sea it happening.

As fishy as it is stalking freshwater mountain streams and reservoirs.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705

I wish it looks good and adds good stats; Bone Armor is just the first form, you will need the set plus some other materials.
    They should add hammer head sharks first. Who doesn't like hammer heads?

As for armor, who doesn't like wearing sandpaper like textures?
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Not sure if you have it, but I think this is where the 2nd title for fishing comes in handy.

If you mean the SAO Nishida 2nd title that boosts AFK fishing, its impossible to get anymore. Unless Nexon shells out the cash for a second SAO Crossover.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Felice wrote: »
    asnscorpio wrote: »

If you mean the SAO Nishida 2nd title that boosts AFK fishing, its impossible to get anymore. Unless Nexon shells out the cash for a second SAO Crossover.

There are multiple 2nd titles that act like SAO Nishida.
    Then the more recent Crossovers Events like MMO Junkie and Re:Zero had Moriko's Partner and Anastasia 2nd titles, which boosted autofishing success rate.

Ice Fisher was from a non-crossover event, for example.
    Shenon 2nd title from the Samhain event also boosted autofishing success rate.