Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Karu Forest Optimization

BerryswirlBerryswirl
Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
edited January 14, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Generic feedback just so its here...but it would be super nice if Karu Forest was optimized to you don't freeze every 3-5 seconds trying to walk through it...or fly over it.

Comments

• FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    I personally don't experience too much lag in Karu, but I wish you could toggle the trees on/off. It's quite bothersome sometimes. Maybe have the stumps remain, but the problem isn't there; the leaves are the annoying part.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited January 14, 2019
    Faybal wrote: »
    I personally don't experience too much lag in Karu, but I wish you could toggle the trees on/off. It's quite bothersome sometimes. Maybe have the stumps remain, but the problem isn't there; the leaves are the annoying part.

Agree.

And It's not like I have a bad computer, mines a relatively new gaming computer, I can definitely handle Mabi, I can run other games with much higher graphic requirements without an issue, and Karu is the only place that freezes for 1-2 seconds every 3-5 seconds (7 seconds if Im lucky) when running through it.

I have discussed it with others and they experience the same issue...lucky you dont have too much issue with it.

Edit: I do think the leaves on the trees, being so many trees, is what causes the lag in the first place.
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Yeah, It's quite annoying. it's a shame though, as Karu is pretty important for the first half of the Saga series. I remember on my old laptop crashing 3 times in saga Ep. 3's Karu forest dungeon run because the trees were destroying my computer's memory.
    At the very least, Nexon should add it to "Minimize Effects".
    Or create a new option called "Minimize Environment" that reduces trees to just the stump/log/base of the tree and remove the leaves, minimize grass to just the ground, etc.
    Berryswirl
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The only lag I have remembered in Karu was where it changes maps I think.
    But that was a long time ago.