Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Do people have no manners during training?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
edited January 23, 2017 in General Chat
Or is this just the norm? I was training dual gun yesterday in channel 1 at the raccoon's and then come other people. Now, I perfectly understand that channel 1 is packed with players and some people cannot cc because they're running a shop or something (like me) but at least show some manners.

When there are other people training there, I usually do not cross over their path and didnt kill the raccoons near them, but these guys, they killed my raccoons, which I needed for my way of the gun training, which is laggy btw, so I can only kill those within range before the duration wore off. They killed the raccoons near me, so I can barely do my training.

Meanwhile, this 1 other player use enthralling performance and horde almost all the raccoons. I told him off and he seemed to stop doing it though. I mean really, is it really the norm because if it is I want to be selfish too and kill everything. I ended up needed to close my shop and change channels :|
Sherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I never saw this happening. I heard about this from others too, but luckily i have never met a troll or just mean person in there yet. I train in Shadow missions or in other places. I just don't like that place much anyway lol.
    Helsa
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    Never see this happen, either - mainly because I rarely grind at Tir or the logging camp and if I do, I usually end up going by a 'first come first served' sort of thing...? Like if someone's already there, I'll just cc for a more quiet channel. If there's too many people in general, I'll just grind skills at a time when nobody is on, hah.

But I feel it'd make sense when training Enthralling Performance to lure mobs over to anyone else training skills? If you're going to lure mobs, might as well lure them somewhere beneficial for the other person, I guess.
  • KroeneKroene
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    This happens all the time in Mari.

At the Logging Camp, there is always at least 3-4 channels that are completely empty. I have trained countless hours there, but I have NEVER seen a newly-arrived player CC when they saw me in the middle of grinding. They just set up camp next to me, taking up half the map. And I almost never train in the market channel, so it's not like they have a personal shop open or something.

When I tell these people, "cc pls," this is how they generally respond:
    - 4/10 of them just say "Nah" or "why?" and continue training
    - 3/10 of them don't know what "CC" means
    - 2/10 of them actually CC to an empty channel
    - 1/10 of them don't respond, turn their bots/macros on and then AFK

It bugs me because CCing to a different channel is such a basic tenant of MMORPG etiquette. Nobody wants to compete over mobs or resources.
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited January 23, 2017
    I actually have had some similar things happen recently. I was out collecting cobwebs from spiders and a few people purposely came over and killed all of them so I couldnt collect from them anymore.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Stuff like that happening is why I usually end up going to instanced areas to train stuff.
    Like SMs or something.

Wish I could do that for stuff like spider farms.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 23, 2017
    Wow guys, where do you find these people? I trained skills at logging camp and met a friendly giant who enthralled me some raccoons to one spot so my training was so easy. Other time i went to collect cobwebs in Tir Chonaill Graveyard and there was a player that lured in some spiders in one place and i came in to lure in more for us and started to collect cobwebs. That player didn't say anything bad to me and even asked if i'm training Weaving too. I got pushed by aggressive Red spider and that guy even killed it for me because that thing was indeed pushing me away from cobwebs lol. I do meet troll players in Dunbarton or Tara/Tailltean stonehenges. They like to do stupid things like randomly sitting on me, purposely overplaying or training playing instrument in a middle of population with terrible performances :/ Or just making other ways to annoy people around.
    Helsa
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    if you needa stay in market channel just don't train at raccoons if it's busy. there's other places in open world where lot of trash mobs spawn. a big one in particular, i don't wanna say it specifically here in case people flood there heheheh but (hint) iria (hint)

i've had same problem as Sutaru before though some people looooove to kill spiders on purpose to mess up cobweb farm
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    I got this countless times but tbh I never even bother telling ppl to go away or stop cus they're gonna end doing whatever they want to... Also got some others that just stop there and say/do nothing (even if I run in circles around them lol) for few minutes and then leave :/ maybe they find interesting watching others training or something ._.''
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Training at raccoons...

I train at fennec foxes east of Filia, armadillos south of Filia, physis foxes north of Vales, mongooses around Qilla Base Camp and if all else fails there is a huge pile of wolves north of the Bard Camp.

Why in the world are y'all crowding around raccoons
    GretaErydanos
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Eralea

Logging Camp is by FAR the best place to train non-CP-dependent Combat Skills. The raccoons are weak, have very stationary aggro patterns (unlike Alby foxes), and are concentrated in a small area. The other places you listed are not nearly as densely populated as Logging Camp.

Shadow missions and TNN are better locations for some skills, but for the vast majority Logging Camp is the way to go
  • EraleaEralea
    It's also densely populated with other players KSing you
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Eralea

Like I said, in Mari there is always an empty channel to CC to. Hence why it's annoying when newly-arrived people don't CC and force you to.
  • EraleaEralea
    Sometimes people can't always CC, which is why you all are complaining here in the first place.

I trained all my non-CP skills at fennec and snowfield foxes. You can take the suggestion or you can continue to make drama at the Logging Camp. But Mari people have a reputation for loving drama more than taking sensible suggestions, so I guess it's not surprising that this conversation is going the way it is...
    Greta
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    @Daktaro The thing is I trained there first. Why should I be the one who leaves when I got there first >.> I don't like to train in SM because there's a time limit. And I don't know of any monsters in SM that have the same aggro pattern and weak as the raccoons and spawned near each other.

For the cowebs disruption by players deliberately killing the spiders, it also happened a lot to me. That's also when I met some creepy players for the first time

@Greta Guess you must've been pretty lucky. I met most rude players when I'm collecting cowebs or training skills.
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Eralea

Except they can. They just choose to stay in the same CH and take up half of the map, even though there are other empty channels and they have no real reason to stick in the current one. This is impolite and annoying.

There is no drama here. Some of us are mentioning a general trend of rudeness that we've experienced. In fact, you are the only person in this thread who has tried to stir up something ("Mari people have a reputation for loving drama more than taking sensible suggestions.")
  • EraleaEralea
    lol enjoy yourselves then. I know where to train so that I don't encounter this problem, so I can't sympathise with you.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

Greta
  • KroeneKroene
    edited January 23, 2017
    @Eralea

Your suggestion is useless because we can just CC to an empty channel, which we end up doing.

If you want to take longer to train your skills, be my guest. Unless you have a personal shop open, there is no reason to train at the places you mentioned.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Another area to train is the 1st area of the ecology map. granted you might be laggy...nothing should really hurt besides the plants.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    @ShouK that's fair enough and you don't have to leave lol it's just raccoons gets busy a lot and if other players turn up then it's fair for them too. they shouldn't have to cc just because you're there either - they might also have a shop. open world is open world like, you can't own areas to yourself.
    hmm, imma pm you after dis > 3 >
    creepy players at the spiders lolol too right

@Kroene just sayin from my experience some places Eralea mentioned are better for training than raccoons O: depends what you're doing
    GretaRingabel
  • KroeneKroene
    @Daktaro

All of the places Eralea mentioned have a lower mob density than Logging Camp. I'm not sure what skills would benefit from having less monsters nearby.

If you need something to attack you (ie Counterattack), then obviously raccoons are no good. But for the majority of non-CP-dependent combat skills, Logging Camp is the best training location.
This discussion has been closed.