Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

'Flowing Through Time' is impossible

AlfaSusiAlfaSusi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
edited February 19, 2019 in Help
Quest Flowing Through Time from Generation 20 is impossible for me. The best I have done is 70 kills in 3 minutes.
I tried many times but no luck. Then I recoded what it looks like.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqu7jyr0khxp57t/mabinogi_2019_02_19_001.avi?dl=0

I watched how my fight looked like and LOL.
This is not what playing should look like.
I have some of lag so I have my own fighting style. But NOOooOOoo!!

- Run towards enemy, (let's hope they run straight line otherwise I won't hit)
- Activate Windmill skill and click (I see my character running little bit backwards because lag)
- Let's hope it hits
- Yeah, it hit
- Or enemy run away and game say there is no target :(

- I saw enemy running to out of screen
- Run after (there is no time to change camera angle, so just run after blindly)
- Activate Windmill or Blade of Judgment skill and click
- Let's hope it hits

- Run towards enemy, not too close I plan to use Blade of Judgment
- Activate Blade of Judgment skill
- Wait that skill is ready
- Let's hope it nothing goes wrong
- Before that skill is ready, all enemies run too far (or my ally knock them too far)
- One or more enemies hit me
- Miracle happens and I was able to hit some enemies

For some reason I can't hit enemies with normal melee hits or with smash.

Enemy stuns me with their hit about 1 second. So if there is two enemies hitting me, then they stun lock me and I can't do anything.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    AlfaSusi wrote: »
    I watched how my fight looked like and LOL.
    This is not what playing should look like.
    I have some of lag so I have my own fighting style. But NOOooOOoo!!

Obviously there are many things that cause lag, but there are things that can be done to help reduce it. Have you denagled your PC? (anyone more than 1 timezone distance from the servers should do this) Unlike other games, Mabi doesn't disable it while running. It's antique technology that has no real use unless your on a metered connection. Disabling it should provide a noticeable reduction in lag caused by your distance from the server. If the lag is from your PC itself, turning off all the windows 'eye candy' such as smoothing, windows 'shrinking/enlarging' when minimizing windows etc... frees up a lot of ram that the OS would be using so it's available for the game to use instead.
  • AlfaSusiAlfaSusi
    I reduce lag (from OS), but I end up killing less. It looks smooth killing. But I realised that there is need to kill least 6 enemies per hit otherwise it impossible to get them killed in so fast.

Too hard, just too hard.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Just curious but, are you playing with a keyboard...? I noticed you have to actually click the skills when playing instead of pressing the keys...that might be slowing you down a lot.
    Greta
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    SAME. I can't clear it for a year now. I think it's impossible from another half of the planet, that's just how it is.
  • AlfaSusiAlfaSusi
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Just curious but, are you playing with a keyboard...? I noticed you have to actually click the skills when playing instead of pressing the keys...that might be slowing you down a lot.

I use keyboard, but I was too lazy to change every time hot keys to my liking. I take first video on a whim. So there I use mouse.
    I found that mouse is not main issue. The aiming is.

First great thanks to Ktty. I reduced lag from OS and I got smoothly looking killing. There was no pause at all when I used skills. And what was result: 44 kills. I realised, that no matter how fast you try to be, it does not matter. You don't need to even fast, but every hit you have to kill 4 enemies average. And that is hard.

Enemies comes group of 10. When using Blade of Judgment+Windmill+melee, they should be killed in 3 hits average (if sometimes it takes 4 hits then sometimes it has to be 2 hits). After 2 minutes kill count is about 66. Then use Final Hit and there should be no pause of killing, when animation of swing of sword is not over your mouse is already over next enemy ready to click it.

There is short video, how I aim. I hope that it help others.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/whhazhsswxwgr7i/mabinogi_2019_02_22_002.mp4?dl=0

This is too crazy. I have to say that half of planet must be really lucky to not need to be this perfect.
    At least when I looked lag test:
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag

That's too fast. If I ever be so lag free, then I would do this mission with my eyes closed.
    But when read about lag from wiki, I was thinking, "the saying 'It's not a rocket science' should be changed to 'It's not explaining of lag'".

It is finally over.
    p.jpeg?size_mode=5

Is it?
    When I read, what is in next part of quest, I was going to be mad. That is not fun at all. You ask me to do it again!!!!
    Oh, I get mad too soon. I even forgot to take screenshot or video. What a mood roller coaster.