Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So when does Mabinogi get merch?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

The fact that there are so many items on waiting list probably means they're only doing this on a small scale.

It's something, I hope they expand the merch store to include other games. I will totally support.

I think if there is a sign of good sales and they are able to procure their merch at a feasible cost, they may expand to other games. If there is a positive response with Maple merchandise, you can definitely cross your fingers for them to test it out on Mabi.

Hmm... well I guess I will get a mushroom then. The plushies are cute.

Those mushrooms look great for collections or as gifts.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

The fact that there are so many items on waiting list probably means they're only doing this on a small scale.

It's something, I hope they expand the merch store to include other games. I will totally support.

I think if there is a sign of good sales and they are able to procure their merch at a feasible cost, they may expand to other games. If there is a positive response with Maple merchandise, you can definitely cross your fingers for them to test it out on Mabi.

I kinda like the yeti, I might get that one too.
    Helsa

I'm just afraid I get any of these, they will become innocent victims to my dog.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I'm just afraid I get any of these, they will become innocent victims to my dog.

Remember to use spoiler tags or some mod is gonna tag you.

Yeah just going to keep mine up on the shelf in my room.
    Helsa

Yknow, I don't notice the length of replies until rereading the thread 3-4 days later.
    Shelf would collect dust unless you clean often.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yknow, I don't notice the length of replies until rereading the thread 3-4 days later.
    Shelf would collect dust unless you clean often.

I just wish it would do spoiler tag automatically after a certain amount of replies.
    KensamaofmariHelsa
    For Mabi merch, there can be an unlimited amount of plushies they can make that I think would sell well.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    For Mabi merch, there can be an unlimited amount of plushies they can make that I think would sell well.

The only problem with that is the number of characters in the game. Making so many plushies might not be financially appealing. Devcat plushies could be a thing because it is a recurring mascot. Nao would be too.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited April 8, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »

The only problem with that is the number of characters in the game. Making so many plushies might not be financially appealing. Devcat plushies could be a thing because it is a recurring mascot. Nao would be too.

I might also suggest the Three heroes because they're memorable and not NPCes I hate.
    And because Bearlach is easy and already exists.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

I might also suggest the Three heroes because they're memorable and not NPCes I hate.
    And because Bearlach is easy and already exists.

Well, they could make a few characters available for the long run and limited time specials on others every once in a while.
    But at this point, we'll still have to see how well those Maple merch does. If it works good enough, I don't see why they shouldn't work on Mabi merch.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited April 8, 2019
    Hopefully its successful enough that merch will be a viable source of income for them. Maybe then they can slow down on gacha a bit, or you know, start making real life gachas.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Hopefully its successful enough that merch will be a viable source of income for them. Maybe then they can slow down on gacha a bit, or you know, start making real life gachas.

Real life physical gachas are only found in quarter machines. :)
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Suggestion thread? Acrylic plate figures! Look clean and colorful, able to cover a huge amount of characters, easy to pack - it's just plates - and even ship internationally for relatively cheap. Could be different lines for chibi style and tiny (3-5 cm) or original style, 1/10 scale (15-20cm). In the long run could motivate DevCat to draw more portraits for portrait-less NPC. Here's how they function: 828288.jpg
    BronzebreakKensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah I like that. The chibi characters were fine but I think pin ups would be really cool. Plus they would be cheaper to make and ship.
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Well, if you decorate your home with it, it would let people know what a fungal you are, huh?

Just don't become a hoarder, or else you won't have mushroom to live in.
    KensamaofmariCrimsọnVeylaine
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Something with a cheap base like acrylic would be good. Even better if they were the same shape/mold. Like chibis could work rather easily.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I thought we already have them? But they are not advertised enough? They gave away some acrylic stands, notebooks, mousepads and such in contests and stream giveaways.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Likely because mabi is seen as a very old game and for good reason...

What was the first thing you see when playing mabi? yep the default look of your first character...and the first spot you visit assuming most chose human.

Them cloths, the armor and of course your default character. It could turn off a lot of players graphics wise and when they see fashinogi players, they would see it as a reflection of the game's age as well as lack of revision for the old. Must I remind how Mabi was advertised? That video of that fantasy life having a lot of good looking players with good looking outfits to choose from?

Even if they stay they will notice the quality jump in content by the songs as well as it becomes more dynamic instead of what you would expect from an old game evolving to a new one born from an old game. They would question themselves, why has this not been updated yet if this side of the game had a whole lot of change in quality?

Many who prefer eye candy games would get turned away from Mabinogi who don't give it the least amount of extra try to get a decent taste of what Mabinogi is. Just be remembered as one of those underrated games not many give a chance too and had prob did but was disappointed.

I am not saying Mabinogi needs a HUGE reboot in graphics just revamp the old outfits and hairstyles to match the current content else THAT will always be the first new players willing to give the game a try will always look at when they began for the first time.
    Greta wrote: »
    I thought we already have them? But they are not advertised enough? They gave away some acrylic stands, notebooks, mousepads and such in contests and stream giveaways.

Yeah they have a lot of stuff that is not readily available to sell. Only for events.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    I also wanna booby mousepads. :>