Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

The graphics card... does not support critical...

PsykeeeperPsykeeeper
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
The graphics card installed on your system does not support critical functions required to run the game. This program will no longer proceed.

Open Mabinogi, and get a big white frozen screen with a error window with the above text behind it. Hit 'Ok' and it closes.

Uninstalled and reinstalled.
Ran Default.reg about a hundred times.
All drivers up to date.
Also running newer, far more demanding games than this.

dL34pIl.png
RYEPHVZ.png

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited September 4, 2018
    You need to install and use Intel official graphics driver and not the windows (or possibly Lenovo) supplied one. The windows (or OEM) supplied drivers don't contain everything needed to run Mabi. The link below is to the Intel driver for HD520 for windows10x64.

downloadcenter.intel.com
  • PsykeeeperPsykeeeper
    Ktty wrote: »
    You need to install and use Intel official graphics driver and not the windows (or possibly Lenovo) supplied one. The windows (or OEM) supplied drivers don't contain everything needed to run Mabi. The link below is to the Intel driver for HD520 for windows10x64.

downloadcenter.intel.com

Insightful, but unfortunately did not do the trick. Same error.
  • KttyKtty
    Are you sure it actually installed? Windows/OEM drivers tend to have a higher version number to prevent drivers from outside sources from being installed. Also if you have windows auto updating it can/will reinstall its own driver over the official ones immediately after you attempt to install the Intel ones. That error specifically relates to the graphics driver (and the need to use official drivers). Sometimes this error will occur when using the newest driver. Normally rolling back to the last good one will then solve it. In your case though if the Intel one did indeed install and wasn't overwritten by windows/OEM driver then you would need to download/install the previous version of the Intel drivers (link also on the same page I linked).
  • ReneGamerReneGamer
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I just started getting this error also. I've been playing the game for over a month. The game was running this morning and I closed it for a system restart. After the restart of my system, in which nothing was changed, except for my wallpaper that I updated for the season, I started Mabinogi up and now cannot play because of this error.
  • KttyKtty
    ReneGamer wrote: »
    ... I closed it for a system restart. ...

This is when updates such as for graphics drivers take effect. the driver was likely downloaded/installed at any point since your last shutdown and is only now taking effect. after turning off auto update in whichever program DLs/updates your graphics driver you then should roll back the driver to the previous one used.
  • PsykeeeperPsykeeeper
    Ktty wrote: »
    Are you sure it actually installed? Windows/OEM drivers tend to have a higher version number to prevent drivers from outside sources from being installed. Also if you have windows auto updating it can/will reinstall its own driver over the official ones immediately after you attempt to install the Intel ones. That error specifically relates to the graphics driver (and the need to use official drivers). Sometimes this error will occur when using the newest driver. Normally rolling back to the last good one will then solve it. In your case though if the Intel one did indeed install and wasn't overwritten by windows/OEM driver then you would need to download/install the previous version of the Intel drivers (link also on the same page I linked).

Yeah, I installed it twice and watched as it did, yet the same error still occurs. Either I am poor with google, or there is no easy way to remove/disable the existing Intel stuff that came with this laptop by default. But again, I have played Mabinogi on this same laptop over a year ago before I had took a break, so restoring to an older version is way out of the question.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    There are multiple solutions for similar problems related to the graphics. Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game? It seems maybe there is a program blocking mabinogi from fully opening. There is a sticky on steam for general related problems.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/212200/discussions/0/458605613414319519/

Hopefully you are able to resolve your issue. I know a handful of ppl have to allow mabinog through the DEP or Firewall as it blocks the game. Best of luck
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited September 15, 2018
    That's odd. I have an older laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E420) and it is technically worse than your laptop but it can still run Mabinogi. It does get a warning saying that my hardware is less than ideal but it was just a warning and I could still run the game. Maybe it's a Windows 10 thing? My laptop is on Windows 7.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    I have this problem as well

I can run Mabinogi just fine few hours ago
    after i close it down, do something else for an hour or more. suddenly i got this error

i have no idea what is the problem, but 1 thing for sure it is not Windows 10 update
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Intel is not a good graphics card that can run Mabinogi. If you have Nvidia or AMD graphics card (depending on the specs of both), it's actually better to run Mabinogi.
  • ArandanoUSArandanoUS
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    This happened to me too and just use default.reg and everything solved
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Can everyone stop necroing old threads with pointless comments? Hell, this is beginning to look like trolling.
    Bronzebreak
This discussion has been closed.