Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thanks.

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
You allowed 16+ characters in a name now. Nice.
But Slight issue, Specially for characters who have the +(server) added to their name...
Unless the said person has a short a** name, It is impossible for those with the server added, to get married.
PnTagfq.gif
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Why would you marry as +Server anyway? You'll need to divorce again anyway when renames hit.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Have the other person propose? I can see the issue but it seems minor compared to other things going on.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Why would you marry as +Server anyway? You'll need to divorce again anyway when renames hit.
    I didnt have to remarry when the server thing was added from the start, my marriage with my partner was not affected. Plus much like people didnt need to re-add us when the server was added to our names im sure the name change won't bother it as well.
    Maia wrote: »
    Have the other person propose? I can see the issue but it seems minor compared to other things going on.
    As showed in the gif, I used their name and my name- Because of the +server part, our names are to long.
    A name change request will be cancelled if a character is under any of the conditions below:

If a character is in a guild or is waiting to be accepted into a guild. A guild leader may wish to temporarily transfer guild ownership as to not disband the guild.
    If a character has a Seal Breaker Title.*Does not affect the G1 title, 'the Seal-Breaker of Another World'.
    If a character is married.
    If a character is in a family.
    If a character is waiting to be deleted.
    If a character is banned.
    If a character has a shop in the Marketplace, is currently bidding for a shop, or if a character has a shop item in the Marketplace inventory.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't understand this so called 16 characters in a name event. It will be only going for a month or so, but they didn't even give out name changes to people. So only for newbies now.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 9, 2019
    A name change request will be cancelled if a character is under any of the conditions below:

If a character is in a guild or is waiting to be accepted into a guild. A guild leader may wish to temporarily transfer guild ownership as to not disband the guild.
    If a character has a Seal Breaker Title.*Does not affect the G1 title, 'the Seal-Breaker of Another World'.
    If a character has a shop in the Marketplace, is currently bidding for a shop, or if a character has a shop item in the Marketplace inventory.

This is not an issue now. The dude can't even change names now because such service doesn't exist yet.
    The issue is that he can't even get married with a name that's has longer than 12 characters, meaning their so called event is in vain and will only cause problems to others such as this because they are promoting an event where you can make your name even longer than 12.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed that OP is able to type in 16 characters, but their name is 17 characters or even longer. I still think 16 characters might give issues somewhere else. Why offer a broken feature and only for a month?
  • ValenmirValenmir

That... Really makes no sense on how it isnt affected when the server was added but will effect it when you change it. Either way though- this would be an issue for someone who may not be able to change, I dont remember seeing if a name change would be freely given out or we had to buy it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 9, 2019
    OP, read this thread. On "Name Change Information".
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/20212/update-server-merge-faq-2/p1

Everyone affected with server tags will get a free name change coupon.
    You should wait for that and then try to get married.
    edited June 9, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    This is not an issue now. The dude can't even change names now because such service doesn't exist yet.
    The issue is that he can't even get married with a name that's has longer than 12 characters, meaning their so called event is in vain and will only cause problems to others such as this because they are promoting an event where you can make your name even longer than 12.

Fair enough, forgot about that and focused too much on the server tag.
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    That... Really makes no sense on how it isnt affected when the server was added but will effect it when you change it. Either way though- this would be an issue for someone who may not be able to change, I dont remember seeing if a name change would be freely given out or we had to buy it.

Dunno' either. They mentioned free name change for changed names iirc, dunno' about non-changed names though.
  • ValenmirValenmir

Alright, Thank you.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 9, 2019
    Tayloreski wrote: »

Alright, Thank you.

No problem!

You can also read "Marriage Information" if you didn't. It will clear many things up, including the fact that they already knew the existence about issue of yours.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I don't understand this so called 16 characters in a name event. It will be only going for a month or so, but they didn't even give out name changes to people. So only for newbies now.

It's probably to give new players more name options because so many names are taken/locked still. That's my assumption.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    This is a non-issue. You guys shouldn't get married until after they leave release name change coupons.