Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Guide

SiniavokajaSiniavokaja
Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
edited May 16, 2018 in Game Guides
Hello Milletians!

I have created a thorough training guide for aspiring chefs! This guide is designed for the most optimal training methods for cooking; what you need to do and what you should make for it. There are also tips and explanations on the different steps of cooking including the Emain Cooking Contest and Kitchen Dungeons.
Feel free to provide any feedback if you find mistakes!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10LUxixYvIciyPnBvFy4RNiR-2THpU_RxIjZt2j-eavM/edit?usp=sharing

Best of luck in your cooking adventures!
aeternitiscatkinButterMyCroissantbabyshadow
  1. Is this guide helpful?30 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (30 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I completely missed the kitchen dungeon by using training seals. I had calculated that I'd need to run it at least 100 times and figured nah. As for cooking accuracy, try using Magnifier, it seems to help.
  • SiniavokajaSiniavokaja
    Hey Helsa,

That's a great idea :O I never thought about that before; it could totally help getting those tiny percents!

As for training seals, so did I, however I am basing the guide off pure training and methods. Training seals are convenient if there are events or if you have the money for them, but realistically they're not readily available :( It's better to outline how to get these lists and if they have other means then they're more than welcome to bypass the books with other methods.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 21, 2018
    nvm should have opened link.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Wow! Well done, Siniavokaja. You obviously put a lot of work into this document. I will bookmark it and revisit when I decide to rank cooking.

Thank you.
  • SiniavokajaSiniavokaja
    I'm very happy to hear so :D It's always a pleasure helping others. I wish you the best of luck on your training!
  • S_ChanS_Chan
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Siniavokaja....
    It's really awesome... Thanks for the guide .. :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's good and simple. But maybe some more info such as brief explanation of other needed life skills to get other ingredients. Sometimes, it is faster to gather wheat and mill your own flour, but very good.
  • RosalinaRosalina
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Hi! I know that this was posted a while ago but I wanted to thank you for writing the guide. I've been struggling to level it up lately and your guide has been a godsend. ♥
    Siniavokaja
  • SiniavokajaSiniavokaja
    Thank you so much Rosalina <3 I will try ti update it up to Master when I have more free time
    Kensamaofmari
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    if no one mentioned, use mabi cooking, will help you usually always get 4 stars, just a ruler on your screen. also i noticed in your guide it didn't mention the homestead cooking bonus you can get? with the work shop imps you can get bonus to skill exp received without effecting requirements which is a huge boon so you don't have to say get royal seals from cooking dungeon, especially effective when combined with a blue prism but that's costly.
    Kensamaofmari
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    A few extra tips for ranking and using Cooking:

If you're a level 200 Chef talent, you can clear each rank using ONLY food or ONLY the book. Your choice.
    Any combination of Chef Tool Reforges, Homestead House Cooking Research Bonus, Level 100+ Chef Talent Bonus can be used to reach 2.00x or higher for the same effect.

Some people aren't aware, but having a Flying Food Truck (or any variant of it) summoned while cooking doubles your training counts.

The Cooking GUI that's already in the game makes for a very nice ruler. Each of the 3 'Add' buttons covers 30% of the bar, with the spaces between them being 5% each. The word 'Add' on the buttons takes up very close to 10% of the bar, effectively dividing each button into 3 10% sections ideal for measuring. Even just this allows for 4-5 star dishes frequently, if not every single try, even on complex recipes.
    KensamaofmariFluorette
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840

If you're a level 200 Chef talent, you can clear each rank using ONLY food or ONLY the book. Your choice.
    Any combination of Chef Tool Reforges, Homestead House Cooking Research Bonus, Level 100+ Chef Talent Bonus can be used to reach 2.00x or higher for the same effect.

Some people aren't aware, but having a Flying Food Truck (or any variant of it) summoned while cooking doubles your training counts.

The Cooking GUI that's already in the game makes for a very nice ruler. Each of the 3 'Add' buttons covers 30% of the bar, with the spaces between them being 5% each. The word 'Add' on the buttons takes up very close to 10% of the bar, effectively dividing each button into 3 10% sections ideal for measuring. Even just this allows for 4-5 star dishes frequently, if not every single try, even on complex recipes.

Yup, and JUST between the "A" and the "d" in the second "Add" gives you 50%!
    Fluorette wrote: »

Yup, and JUST between the "A" and the "d" in the second "Add" gives you 50%!

End of the 2nd d in the first add is 20%, that in between the 30% mark is 25 and so on. the 1st ds middles on each end is 15%. The 1-10% seem to be more difficult to get correct though.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    End of the 2nd d in the first add is 20%, that in between the 30% mark is 25 and so on. the 1st ds middles on each end is 15%. The 1-10% seem to be more difficult to get correct though.

Might be a good idea to let the smallest value(s) take priority. I know I find it more difficult to determine their places on the bar after the larger value(s) (especially if there's odd numbers). With that said, if I'm looking to get 10%, I go for the very tip of the first "A". 5% - half of that, as precisely as possible. If it's more than 5% but less than 10%, I look at how far it is from the "A" and guess and check from there.

Might be a good idea to let the smallest value(s) take priority. I know I find it more difficult to determine their places on the bar after the larger value(s) (especially if there's odd numbers). With that said, if I'm looking to get 10%, I go for the very tip of the first "A". 5% - half of that, as precisely as possible. If it's more than 5% but less than 10%, I look at how far it is from the "A" and guess and check from there.

I actually find the top of A to be around 11-12% for some reason.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    edited June 12, 2019

Just realized I worded that wrong. The first leg of the "A." According to the ruler on the Wiki page, it's actually just a tiny bit away from it, but I still seem to do well just touching it. :o

Cooking is very sensitive, just like it is in real life. :D

Just realized I worded that wrong. The first leg of the "A." According to the ruler on the Wiki page, it's actually just a tiny bit away from it, but I still seem to do well just touching it. :o

Cooking is very sensitive, just like real life. :D

For some reason I get better results when not using a cooking talent vs using the cooking talent.
    When using a non cooking talent, the meter is shaky while with cooking talent, the meter is stable.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited June 19, 2019
    The shakiness of the meter is determined by your dex stat. The cooking talent gives more dex per level than some other talents, resulting in a more stable bar. Once you have over 500 dex from various life skills, the bar will be perfectly stable, no shaking whatsoever.

Like with other life skills, there's also a small random factor that gets added to the quality, so the quality of your dishes will vary even if the measurements are exactly the same. Following up on that, the quality can be increased by Monday bonus, as well as Quality enchants and Cooking Quality Reforges.
    Well I have dex in the 300s, no shaking while using cooking talent, or even life skill talents I think.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    The shakiness of the meter is determined by your dex stat. The cooking talent gives more dex per level than some other talents, resulting in a more stable bar. Once you have over 500 dex from various life skills, the bar will be perfectly stable, no shaking whatsoever.

Like with other life skills, there's also a small random factor that gets added to the quality, so the quality of your dishes will vary even if the measurements are exactly the same. Following up on that, the quality can be increased by Monday bonus, as well as Quality enchants and Cooking Quality Reforges.
    Well I have dex in the 300s, no shaking while using cooking talent, or even life skill talents I think.

It's easy to forget, but the Tasting skill passively stabilizes the cooking bar by quite a lot at rank 1.