Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

Comments

• ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited June 27, 2019
    Lokitin wrote: »
    We’d all likely would have completely abandoned our dead server characters in a couple years had the merge not happened.

I never moved to a different server but after 2017 Tarlach really turned into a ghost town and I started playing Elder Scrolls Online a lot more than Mabinogi. I would only log on for new story content, do minimal effort for event rewards, and that was it. There was no one to talk to or run things with. Now that we're actually on an active server, I can rebuild my guild and make new friends again. There may not be a lot of actual new players, but there's people I've never met before and a lot of people that have never met me.

So I agree that a lot of people would have completely abandoned dead servers. My guild and I did it. A few guildies moved to Alexina, a few others just quit gaming, a few others started playing Warframe, Final Fantasy, etc. other games instead. There's no point to playing a MMO game if there aren't other people to interact with. I prefer having the market issues we have now rather than have no one around to do things with.

I also had plans to move the bulk of what was left of my guild over to Peria Chronicles when that gets released because that was the only game the majority of us could agree that we all wanted to play together. But now that there's actually new people to meet, we can keep Mabinogi as our main game.
    DANIartsKingEphySherriKitini
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    My changes went OK, but one of my sibling's toons got a "this character is ineligible for name change" message without any explanation as to why. Said toon doesn't have any of the precluding conditions, so it's kinda vexing. A ticket has been sent, hopefully it will be sorted out.

What's her cumulative lvl?
    if it's under 30 then that's why.

but if she's over 30 then try having her read everything and see if maybe she over-looked something.

Also, if she happens to not have a "+server name" to her name then that can also be why.

Yeah, she's well over 1000, she had nothing on the list (we checked like 50 times), of course she had a "+server" added, and then Nexon replied to her ticket with "no idea what's happening, but for the mo you're out of luck, sorry."

The kicker? Once the servers came on today, her name was fixed, as were all others. So WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIRD, but oil's well that oinds well, I guess.
    DANIarts
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 27, 2019
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Lokitin wrote: »
    We’d all likely would have completely abandoned our dead server characters in a couple years had the merge not happened.

I never moved to a different server but after 2017 Tarlach really turned into a ghost town and I started playing Elder Scrolls Online a lot more than Mabinogi. I would only log on for new story content, do minimal effort for event rewards, and that was it. There was no one to talk to or run things with. Now that we're actually on an active server, I can rebuild my guild and make new friends again. There may not be a lot of actual new players, but there's people I've never met before and a lot of people that have never met me.

So I agree that a lot of people would have completely abandoned dead servers. My guild and I did it. A few guildies moved to Alexina, a few others just quit gaming, a few others started playing Warframe, Final Fantasy, etc. other games instead. There's no point to playing a MMO game if there aren't other people to interact with. I prefer having the market issues we have now rather than have no one around to do things with.

I also had plans to move the bulk of what was left of my guild over to Peria Chronicles when that gets released because that was the only game the majority of us could agree that we all wanted to play together. But now that there's actually new people to meet, we can keep Mabinogi as our main game.

There were enough people to do Hasidim raids on Tarlach.

That's enough in my opinion.

*plays Cheers's theme song*

Spareoh
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Got rid of my old borderline cringy name in favor of a much nicer one on my main. Pretty happy with it.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Lucky to all those who got their names. I have a sealbreaker so I can't ever change mine, and am permanently stuck with +Tarlach, and no amount of pleading with nexon support will change that. Going to find something else to play. Nexon can shove their broken, outdated code where the sun doesn't shine.

Shouldn't have gone for seal breaker stone then. Now you can proudly show your regret on the seal stone.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited June 27, 2019
    Welp, all my notes are gone.

Iljc6WQ.png

vgrwAAy.png
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    You can check the web shop now to see all the changed names. Have fun everyone~

Uh.. where exactly though?
    If people can see who changed their name, I'm sure some people on the game would be butthurt and turn to harass others for 'stealing their name'.
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    im still waiting for the paid service nexon needs to hurry cuz ppl with +names even some without +names are getting the good names
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Sherri wrote: »

If people can see who changed their name, I'm sure some people on the game would be butthurt and turn to harass others for 'stealing their name'.

I think he means that you can see all of YOUR changed names, and yours only, by going to the shop and guild pages.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

I think he means that you can see all of YOUR changed names, and yours only, by going to the shop and guild pages.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Thanks
    PlatinaKoki
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420

Iljc6WQ.png

vgrwAAy.png

Bizarre. I had my wife check, and she still has all of her past notes. Granted, she just changed her name back to what it was before she got +'d. Though, I don't think her notes disappeared even when she had the +Mari...
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    ser6xzk.png
    I can live my life in peace now.
    Kensamaofmari
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Erika wrote: »

Iljc6WQ.png

vgrwAAy.png

Bizarre. I had my wife check, and she still has all of her past notes. Granted, she just changed her name back to what it was before she got +'d. Though, I don't think her notes disappeared even when she had the +Mari...

I changed my name back to what it was before it got +'d.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I have my notes back and my partners like me again. Thank goodness.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    ser6xzk.png

:O

Well that's broken.
  • SherriSherri
    ser6xzk.png

Well.. I'm kinda worried now.. game machine broke?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    ser6xzk.png

Well.. I'm kinda worried now.. game machine broke?

I wonder who gets the mail? XD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    ser6xzk.png

Wait two characters on the exact same server has the exact same name?
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    edited June 27, 2019
    Is this the first time you guys have seen the use of capital i for lowercase L?

Ippi lppi

EDIT: If you test the text in game, the l is longer than I. This means the one on the right is the fake.
    Sherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 28, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »

Ippi lppi
    Too bad they quit.
    Shadoe