Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It Was Worth Every Gold...

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in General Chat
Alright, so in today's play session, I hopped on my elf mage, Zennostelos (or, just Zennos to his friends). I felt like running some dungeons and blasting some mobs with magic, and he's the man for the job. Along the way, however, I decided to check the auctions for Fireball pages...and found that the ones I didn't have were actually pretty affordable for the most part. So, I caved and bought 'em all up.

Now, Zennostelos has both Thunder and Fireball...and Fireball is just GLORIOUS to use!! I spent a couple of hours blasting the crap out of bears for training. The explosions...the wonderful, screen-shaking explosions...talk about good game-feel!! And, yeah, I used it to blast a clump of goblins and mimics...oh, the carnage!! *insert evil laughter here*

So, yeah, I had a good time with Fireball today, and even though it brought me down to around 1.6 mil in the bank, it was worth every single gold. All the glorious explosions and feeling like the all-powerful mage this character is meant to be. Plus, getting revenge on those bears for all the cheap KO's they've dealt me didn't hurt either... :3
SherriKagaCrimsọnLeineiRadiant DawnMaiaKensamaofmaripawcalypse

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Can agree, getting Fireball is the best thing that's ever happened to me too.
    How it felt like;
    tenor.gif?itemid=7559841
    DanievictriaroastedpigKagaRadiant DawnKensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    After you will try to hit dungeons like Rabbie Phantasm or Apostle raids, you will realize how it's not actually that glorious. You will be back spamming Firebolt. :D
    SherriRadiant Dawnpawcalypse
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Greta wrote: »
    After you will try to hit dungeons like Rabbie Phantasm or Apostle raids, you will realize how it's not actually that glorious. You will be back spamming Firebolt. :D

Oh, no. Thunderbolt is my spam of choice. It seems to charge a bit faster than the other two bolts, and the stun usually gives just enough time to charge another single shot. Fireball is best when you've got someone to draw enemies away from you or you're getting the drop on an enemy or group of enemies for one big opening boom that either slaughters them all or softens them up sufficiently for a one-shot kill afterward. Thunder with a buddy or pet to run interference can be a decent boss killer.

Besides, none of my characters can even handle anything above Rabbie Normal yet. The content you're talking about is a looooooong way off for me, believe me.
    SherriKagaTheNyanCatpawcalypse
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    FB has more pizzazz than firebolt tho :D
    Danievictriapawcalypse
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Fireball is nice and all, but at a certain point you realize 10-20k damage ain't worth crap when mobs have a habit of going into deadly two times out of ten.

It's a weird trade-off, Fireball looks appealing early on, then thunder, and then ice spear, and then back to firebolt.

Personally, I still stick to thunder, at least it's faster than unreforged firebolt.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited July 1, 2019
    Did you know? The fastest possible thunder is faster than the fastest possible chaincasted firebolt. ^_^
    Donk3ySherriDanievictriapawcalypse
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I saw that ego revamp video where somebody had a maxed staff with chaincast on it, and spammed fireballs like crazy!
    SherriDanievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Can agree, getting Fireball is the best thing that's ever happened to me too.
    How it felt like;
    tenor.gif?itemid=7559841

And of course the satisfaction that follows
    tenor.gif?itemid=11492110
    SherriDanievictriapawcalypse
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Donk3y wrote: »
    I saw that ego revamp video where somebody had a maxed staff with chaincast on it, and spammed fireballs like crazy!

That sounds awesome! Nothing but scorched foes and craters... XD