Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best skill set

RiukRiuk
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in General Chat
Hi all. What are the best skill sets for Phantasm/Tech Duinn runs? I mean the highest damage and flexibility
Thank you
  1. What are the best skill sets for Phantasm/Tech Duinn runs?33 votes
    1. Melee
       18% (6 votes)
    2. Magic
       15% (5 votes)
    3. Chain
       39% (13 votes)
    4. Ninja
       6% (2 votes)
    5. Gunner
       3% (1 vote)
    6. Puppeter
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Fighter
       3% (1 vote)
    8. Alchemy
       9% (3 votes)
    9. Archery
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 10, 2019
    Alchemy is certainly the best skill set. Cloud, frozen blast, sand burst and shock help so much - I hardly use anything else other than those four plus lullaby. I suppose shadow bind would be useful too. Everyone always want me to join their party because alchemists are so very very very useful. It's all about strategy, tactics and crowd control unlike other games where it's just dealing as high DPS as possible. Nexon is so great at keeping utility skills useful, I doubt they'd ever make them do nothing because that would take away all of the fun. Mabinogi is so great that there's not one skill you can use over and over to bash your opponent until they're dead. It's all about knowing which skill to counter which.

Edit: Sarcasm. I know most alchemy skills do nothing in new content. I know spamming just Bash works well. I know that it's becoming all about DPS. I apologise for not making it more obvious that I was being sarcastic.
    FiveGreatLakesImaizumi
  • RiukRiuk
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Right, and thank you for sharing your experience
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Alchemy is certainly the best skill set. Cloud, frozen blast, sand burst and shock help so much - I hardly use anything else other than those four plus lullaby. I suppose shadow bind would be useful too. Everyone always want me to join their party because alchemists are so very very very useful. It's all about strategy, tactics and crowd control unlike other games where it's just dealing as high DPS as possible. Nexon is so great at keeping utility skills useful, I doubt they'd ever make them do nothing because that would take away all of the fun. Mabinogi is so great that there's not one skill you can use over and over to bash your opponent until they're dead. It's all about knowing which skill to counter which.

You've convinced me, I'm going to vote for Alchemy
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Me as the guy spamming bash and lullaby or chain sweep
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Most alchemy, including shock, doesn't even work at all in Tech Duinn. It's completely disabled.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Alchemy is useless in newer content. Just got melee or chains.
    MaiaGreta
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 9, 2019
    Wasn't going to say anything but yeah, chains and melee are the way to go for most cases. Alchemy requires way too much investment to make it competitive with either of those. Erg 50 anyone?

If you're talking about phantasm, it's really just about knowing the gimmicks of the dungeon. Sand burst is useful. Hydra is too if you can't fight without a crutch. That's about it, not very versatile like you were asking. Shurikens are good but again very niche and not versatile IMO and require erg 50 to make them so.

Tech Duinn requires massive DPS (varying with difficulty of course), that's pretty much the main thing about it I'd say. Chain Impale can get you massive single hits and so can things like smash, bash, and final strike. Unless you have hundreds of millions of gold to throw into alchemy or another skillset, melee and chains are much easier to get into at this point of the game and are very versatile. Especially chains.

Like jjeremy said, alchemy is about tactics and strategy which is what mabinogi used to be about. Let's be honest though, the game has been steering towards DPS and damage sponges for a while now. The game is largely centered around big numbers and fast. I'm pretty sure the advice for tech duinn missions given by the game is "hit hard and hit fast" basically. That means alch is going to have a rough time. Meanwhile, whatever the latest and greatest skillset is (chains rn) will be king. Nexon does show love to their base players in the form of melee and archery though so those are generally viable as well (melee for humans/giants and archery for elves with good connection).
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Life Skills.
  • JJJJ
    Life Skills.

Life skills are OP. Let's form a party to clear Phantasm with just life skills! If we bring Ferghus with us the enemy will need to fight us bare-handed. Or would that make the dungeon almost too easy?
    Danievictria
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 10, 2019
    Life Skills.

Life skills are OP. Let's form a party to clear Phantasm with just life skills! If we bring Ferghus with us the enemy will need to fight us bare-handed. Or would that make the dungeon almost too easy?

Gonna try use Milking skill on Succubus Queen :^)
    DanievictriaRadiant DawnTHICCthighssavelives
  • JJJJ
    Greta wrote: »
    Life Skills.

Good, you try that. And I'll try the Hoeing skill.
    GretaDanievictriaRadiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 10, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Life Skills.

Good, you try that. And I'll try the Hoeing skill.

Insert that discord lewd emoji here.

@jjeremy Use high ranking catering, campfire, first aid, rest, cooking, and potion making

@Greta, get your empty bottles ready
  • FiveGreatLakesFiveGreatLakes
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    This thread lmao