Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Give every race customization equality!

ElfyElfy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
edited January 30, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
The main focus was originally elves getting darker skin options. Since there are ONLY six options for elves, all of them being light-colored. While humans and giants have double the options.
But I've included humans and giants getting lighter hair options and everyone sharing the same eye color. (If not all the options in general; hair, skin, eye colors, etc)

We're milletians. We shouldn't have to abide by race lore what-so-ever.
Milletians (meaning from the Stars, also written as Milesians in the Irish Mythology) are people who have come to Erinn from a different world. They are not native to Erinn and have distinct characteristics in comparison to those from Erinn, regardless of the Milletian's race. Some of the distinct characteristics of Milletians is the ability to be reborn and to change their appearance, age, and gender. All players and their pets are Milletians. Milletians visit Erinn's Soul Stream before entering Erinn.

Remember when elves couldn't have black hair, but Atrata, Yvona, and Maike did? (Well Maike's is more of a blue tint).

I'm hoping to see more things like this happen! Dark hair and darker skin tones for elves. Lighter hair options for giants and humans.

So if this issue can be addressed, we'll have more diversity with our customization options:
-Every race: Same eye color, hair color, skin tones.
-Equal opportunity for face tattoos, make up, freckles, etc on *every* face shape.
-Elves get another face shape option added in (Portia's)

I would love to see the [NPC] Portia's face shape added into the elves. ♥ She has long ears and her face shape is not awkward, compared to the long elf face shape. It's too spaced out. And if face tattoos, makeup, etc can be added onto more face shapes than just being stuck onto one!

I am not here to start arguments or cause a ruckus, so please be friendly to one another and follow forum rules! ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡
-Nikki101 of Alexina Server
  1. Do you think elves should have darker skin tones?23 votes
    1. Absolutely! Why not? They DO live in a desert...
       26% (6 votes)
    2. No, that's a terrible idea.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I think all races should have equal customization, in eye color, hair color, and skin tones!
       74% (17 votes)

Comments

• XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Even if in Lore giants and elves were fighting; Milliteans should be allowed to marry in the Email church.
    And we can give ourselves animal mouth, I am pretty sure the soul stream should have no limits to how you design your body.
    ElfyDarkwhip
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I would love for humans and giants to be able to have pink hair like elves ;-; such a pretty color.
    Elfy
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Petitions are not allowed on the forums. You'll have to format this as an actual suggestion.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4/guidelines-for-posting-suggestions

One suggestion per thread, if you have more than one suggestion, you may make a different thread about it (search beforehand, as I know elf-giant marriages have already been suggested.)
    ElfyMissFortuneDealerDarkwhip
  • ElfyElfy
    edited January 30, 2017
    Korore wrote: »
    Petitions are not allowed on the forums. You'll have to format this as an actual suggestion.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4/guidelines-for-posting-suggestions

One suggestion per thread, if you have more than one suggestion, you may make a different thread about it (search beforehand, as I know elf-giant marriages have already been suggested.)

I understand, thank you for letting me know.
    I'll edit my post right away, I don't want to go against regulations- but I don't see anything about not allowing petitions in the thread?
    I noticed when you edited my post, you didn't take away the last two parts (in which I did so already), but removed the link immediately.

Could you direct me to that post or any of the ToS that states that? As far as I read, it doesn't state it's against rules. Links are allowed, and it's not offensive in any way.. I read over the forum regulations with the link you provided, and no sources such as that is cited.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 30, 2017
    I believe that elves should get darker skin tones. You would think they would, considering they live in the desert. xP
    *Also, my main is an elf!
    Elfy
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Elfy wrote: »

I'll edit my post right away, I don't want to go against regulations- but I don't see anything about not allowing petitions in the thread?
    I noticed when you edited my post, you didn't take away the last two parts (in which I did so already), but removed the link immediately.

Could you direct me to that post or any of the ToS that states that? As far as I read, it doesn't state it's against rules. Links are allowed, and it's not offensive in any way.. I read over the forum regulations with the link you provided, and no sources such as that is cited.
    Petitions are not allowed in mabinogi forums, since they were spammed/abused in the past.
    For rules about links, please refer to the COC pinned in the general section.
    ElfyMissFortuneKororeDarkwhip
  • CreekCreek
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited January 30, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »

Petitions are not allowed in mabinogi forums, since they were spammed/abused in the past.

Might want to get someone to update that post, since it no longer states anything about petitions! (I think that portion got wiped on the forum transfer? Or somehow have it in the suggestions COC.) It only says things about malicious or other related things. A petition link isn't exactly malicious.

And I do support this topic, as I supported the previous one ^^
    Elfy
  • ElfyElfy

I've went over to the General Chat and looked over the rules. It says no such thing as "petitions are not allowed".
    http://prntscr.com/e2ea4q Screenshot of the rules on the page, I'd like to be directly linked to where it states this, please.
    Because if this is true, this should be properly established in the rules.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Hi there. This might not be the best format to discuss this, however at the bottom of the COC this is covered.
    dbe2a470ad.png

KororeDealer
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited January 30, 2017
    In addition to what MissFortune said:

As far as I know petition links are usually considered phishing sites.
    I didn't see the link/site, but a petition normally requires information that we don't want players giving out.

However, we will see about adding no petitions to the rules, so it is clear.
    MissFortuneKororeElfy
  • ElfyElfy

Ah alright, thank you Dealer, MissFortune, and Korore for bringing this to my attention.
    I can understand from that PoV.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Yup I really want to make my elf (my main) have darker skin, always have. I want her to look like my ideal. Granted this drawing I did her skin looks considerably light than what I want because I was really experimenting with light ^^.
    6dc9a4_99802a5ef7a9476a9f0dc132ec7b7b16.jpg
    Elfy