Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Season Pass in Mabi, yay or nay?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    game content that some people would like to see.

That's always gonna be the case because people want their pet ideas yesterday.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 19, 2019
    A season pass would only work if it was a decent mixture of making paid content (maybe RNG content) handed out and limited new content. Like, you were able to do extra parts of new generations only with the season pass (until the year ended or whatever then everyone could do it) but you also got free goodies like enchant potions, erg catalysts, and/or other (not garbage) goodies periodically like VIP on steroids. Generally people are going to say "no" because they don't want to pay more for the game, so it would have to be seemingly worth it.

I wouldn't want it personally though.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    G1-G3 was technically the season pass era of Mabi.

I shutter to return to such a model.
    ImaizumiChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Rhey wrote: »

such return of it would make me prob quit xD
    Rhey
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »

such return of it would make me prob quit xD

Not with certainty?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    We already have gachas. No.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Well, if Nexon NA ever wants to kill NA's base, then that would be the way to do it.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    But I do find it strange why they've stopped investing in this game's market. Things seemed to be going fine, and now it seems to be deteriorating.

Well we do make up like 2-4% of Nexon's total revenue in the world. China's more than half of their revenue. So why bother catering to NA?
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited July 20, 2019
    It depends on how they do their season pass. I mean, Mabi does have an advantage over newer games that try to launch with a season pass: it already has an established customer base and has already proved it has staying power and decent quality content overall. A game fresh on the market offering a season pass exudes scumminess because the game has not proved itself to the general public yet. For all people know it could be a T-pose infested, fall through the ground by taking 3 steps, boring as all get-out if it weren't for the glitch that makes enemy body parts stick in mid-air in awkward positions when you blow them up, $60 Charlie Foxtrot with a $120 special edition where your promised leather jacket ends up being made of that cheap rubber-coated fabric that peels away after 3 years to reveal the cheap polyester underneath. Not many people want to buy a season pass for a game that might be the next Fallo--Ahem! The next online version of a beloved franchise with a patriotically significant number in the title... But, for a game that people enjoy and have enjoyed for years, that may be glitchy and grindy sometimes but is still quite playable and fun enough that people have stuck with it from high school and college/university into their 20's and 30's? If the offer was just nice enough, I'm sure that a season pass would make plenty of cash.

For instance, if the season pass gave players, say, a head-start on the latest generation content of 1-6 months, 3-5 Gatcha boxes a month, unlimited style tab access, no gold fees to enjoy the interior of your homestead house, 3 each of shadow mission and dungeon passes of the player's chosen type every month (yeah, that means a season pass can give you 3 abyss dungeon passes and 3 lord mission passes every month if you want them), and a special account-exclusive outfit that you can only ever get by being a season pass holder (which is different for each season), and your choice of a character card, a cash shop pet, or 30-50 pon...Yeah, I think that there would be people willing to pay for a package like that.
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    Well we do make up like 2-4% of Nexon's total revenue in the world. China's more than half of their revenue. So why bother catering to NA?

Because not trying to figure out how best to get our money is like throwing an armored truck full of millions of dollars worth of gold, jewels, and cash into the magma chamber of an active volcano. Waste not, want not...