Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

(Solved)

TulippeyTulippey
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited August 4, 2019 in Help
I rented a level 200 bone dragon from Summer during the still ongoing summer event and now the pet has expired. I understand that only one account is able to rent a bone dragon, but how can I use it again? Or am I not able to use it anymore and will have to wait until the event is over for it to be removed from my pet slots?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 24, 2019
    Just delete it in your character select screen.
  • TulippeyTulippey
    edited July 24, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Just delete it in your character select screen.

I did. But when I go to login to my main character, I still see the bone dragon on the pet list. Is it okay to still be there after I deleted from the character select screen?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think when you "delete" a character you're actually marking it for deletion, so that the actual act of deletion comes perhaps a few days later. Maybe it's some kind of built in buyer remorse check thingie.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Helsa wrote: »
    I think when you "delete" a character you're actually marking it for deletion, so that the actual act of deletion comes perhaps a few days later. Maybe it's some kind of built in buyer remorse check thingie.

Yup. You delete it, but it actually gets deleted after 3 days. Such mechanic is common in many games in case you changed your mind or maybe just misclicked so you could undo it.
  • TulippeyTulippey
    Greta wrote: »

Yup. You delete it, but it actually gets deleted after 3 days. Such mechanic is common in many games in case you changed your mind or maybe just misclicked so you could undo it.

Well, I did what you said. I deleted from the character screen and waited 3 days and the bone dragon is still there on my pet information and still says expired. I think I'm going to wait until the main event is over because I got the dragon from the event. Renting a pet.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Actually, for having deleted it myself, you mark it for deletion, and once the time is expired, you need to delete it again (to confirm) from the Character Select screen. Once you do that, it will no longer appear in your list of pets.
    MusicatMegasoul
  • GretaGreta
    Draech wrote: »
    Actually, for having deleted it myself, you mark it for deletion, and once the time is expired, you need to delete it again (to confirm) from the Character Select screen. Once you do that, it will no longer appear in your list of pets.

Ah. It may be this case. Haven't done this long time ago and probably did it once.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited July 29, 2019
    Yesss, you need to press Delete again after the countdown. At least it seems to work this way nowadays. Tried the function around a week ago.
  • TulippeyTulippey
    Thank you for everyone's help! I finally solved it with you guys help! At first I deleted the Bone dragon on my favorites tab on the character selection screen, but found that I have an View All tab too and I pressed that and saw my bone dragon on there too. I deleted it on the View All tab and it said the system will wait until 7 am next day to permanently delete it. They set that time frame so if I do decide I still want to keep the bone dragon, I have that time until next day to cancel the delete. But it worked! I checked my pet inventory and it wasn't there on the list. I just learned something new. Thank you everyone who posted! =D