Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fantastic Memory Event Broken

Comments

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited August 25, 2019
    Still broken. Got Day 2 Act 2 reward.

It seems to be progressing on Act 2 now instead of Act 1.

Holy crap. Yeah, this is definitely a big problem. If it's skipped from Day 9 on the first part to Day 1 on the next and kept going, someone must have misplaced a variable or some array items somewhere along the line when they were implementing the code. The person in charge of putting the code in the game probably got distracted by something going on at the office and slipped up or accidentally deleted something while rushing to check the code (don't laugh at the accidental deletion thing, it happens).
    Bagelshot
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Holy crap. Yeah, this is definitely a big problem. If it's skipped from Day 9 on the first part to Day 1 on the next and kept going, someone must have misplaced a variable or some array items somewhere along the line when they were implementing the code. The person in charge of putting the code in the game probably got distracted by something going on at the office and slipped up or accidentally deleted something while rushing to check the code (don't laugh at the accidental deletion thing, it happens).

Or maybe just bad at coding and that's all? No excuses. Just no.
    edited August 25, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

Or maybe just bad at coding and that's all? No excuses. Just no.

Even the best coders make mistakes. And, if most of the code was copy-pasted from an event that was held on the Korean server...well, copy-paste errors do happen. One accidental drag of the mouse and a section of text can end up three lines higher or lower than it should be. If the people behind the scenes are overworked with a long commute to boot (Nexon US is headquartered in California, which is having a really bad problem with housing affordability right now. A lot of well-paid tech sector people actually can't afford a home or apartment near their job and have to commute 3-4 or more hours every morning to get to work.), add in long days and a long commute home, and I'm not surprised about the bugs with all the sleep deprivation and general stress these folks probably have to fight through. We wish the real world was simple and cut-and-dry, especially when the hundreds of variables out of our control mess with our personal flow, but the real world is really a big ball of wibbldey-wobbldey, random-tandom stuff.
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    yeah and now the days arent counting it hit 10am EST and im still at day 9 counted day 10 isnt counting
    edited August 25, 2019
    yeah and now the days arent counting it hit 10am EST and im still at day 9 counted day 10 isnt counting

I can confirm that the days from Week 2 are no longer counting down and I received the Week 3, Day 2 reward of a 4 AP potion.

q3OYxiA.png
  • Megaman20Megaman20
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Still on day 9 of the first event but it counts 11 days for the bag coupon. Hope Nexon can fix this otherwise we won't be getting that perfect attendance reward nor the final reward for completing all 4 events.
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I'm sure they will fix it. Whether that's resetting the event so we start again, just giving us x number of stamps and their reward, or it just picking up like normal once the code has been fixed. I'm not sure how in-depth the coding is for this and how easy it is to fix. It's probably not just as easy as give character x days on stamps with xdays of reward since people are going to be on different days.

I wonder, for those people who have missed days are you still getting your stamps?
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 25, 2019
    Just let them extend this event for a week. Because i just lost a chance to complete this event and an extension will save me.
    Danievictria
  • YomboYombo
    Okay, my alts are now collecting the Day 10 attendance reward. They have not done any of the find caravan joe quests. The chars that I have done the caravan joe quest on are not getting the day 10 reward. Hope this helps with debugging.
  • RuzukiRuzuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Im having this issue too. Stuck at Day 9. The Royal Pouch login bonus is progressing as usual, but have not been receiving stamps for week 1.
  • ThiagoRioluThiagoRiolu
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    It's happening with me as well, i didn't even get the AP+1
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    ,,,, igot the 9 fruit on the 11 fruit day like bruh.... gime my 10 and 11th fruit
  • QuaitheQuaithe
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Its august 26th and i just got day 10 TODAY.
    i think i should probably be at day 12 already..
  • GretaGreta
    EXTENSION EXTENSION EXTENSION!
    Danievictria
  • YomboYombo
    As long as they tack on a few days or some how code that we never missed days, we should be fine.
    Quaithe
    I finally got my Day 10 credit and fruit...on day 12. I'm still missing 2 days worth of fruits and log-in credits.
    Quaithe
  • MairuMairu
    tbh instead of an extension, it'd probably be easier just set it up so anyone who hasn't collected the stamps for the Day 14 prizes will get all the missed prizes on the last day if they actually get perfect attendance on the counter. That way they don't have to fix the broken stamps, and just rely on the actually working counter-dealie to deliver the payload.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    edited August 27, 2019
    Just to keep a running update, today (8/26) it seemed to work fine, though still missing the last 2 days of rewards (8/24 and 8/25).

8/27 = Seems to have worked correctly.
  • Danz123Danz123
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited August 27, 2019
    I'm glad to see I'm not he only one who is experiencing this bug. My fantastic memory bag pouch is progressing normally, but the 14 day perfect attendance tracker is now two day behind.
    mabinogi_2019_08_27_002_zpsnxbkqb21.png
  • Danz123Danz123
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited August 27, 2019
    *accidentally posted twice, sorry.*