Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G1 duplicate quest

Megaman20Megaman20
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Bugs and Glitches
There is a duplicate quest under Advent of the Goddess. "Find the Magic Powder of Preservation." I've completed the original quest by doing the fiodh dungeon but there is no way in game to remove the duplicate version. Please fix asap.

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    This might be an individual issue. I would suggest contacting the support team to see if they can remove the quest from your log.
  • seccomseccom
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    This isn't an individual issue. It's happened to me too.
    DJQeYw1.png
  • seccomseccom
    I will add that in order for this to happen (in my case), I was curious about the ? remaining over Tarlach's head, and then used the recently obtained keyword to speak to him again, thus giving me the quest again.
  • seccomseccom
    I've contacted a GM through the ticketing system and sent screenshots (including the one above) .. I also realized I had TWO Romeo and Juliet scripts as well, so that's another duplicate quest glitch. They told me to take a video proving that I can't forfeit the quests (despite having sent the screenshots) and after I did so, they told me they can't even remove the quests anyway.
    So... you just have to go through the quest twice (which is literally what they told me to do, just go through G1 twice! And Romeo and Juliet as well)
    I'm going to see what happens when I just finish the G1 quests I have going that aren't glitched, and then see if I can 'skip' G1 with Duncan afterwards for the other one. I don't know if Romeo and Juliet has a skip function, though.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    seccom wrote: »
    I've contacted a GM through the ticketing system and sent screenshots (including the one above) .. I also realized I had TWO Romeo and Juliet scripts as well, so that's another duplicate quest glitch. They told me to take a video proving that I can't forfeit the quests (despite having sent the screenshots) and after I did so, they told me they can't even remove the quests anyway.
    So... you just have to go through the quest twice (which is literally what they told me to do, just go through G1 twice! And Romeo and Juliet as well)
    I'm going to see what happens when I just finish the G1 quests I have going that aren't glitched, and then see if I can 'skip' G1 with Duncan afterwards for the other one. I don't know if Romeo and Juliet has a skip function, though.

I once had a duplicate Shakespeare quest a while back, but when I completed the duplicate I only received one copy of the next quest in the series.

As for Advent of the Goddess' "Find the Magic Powder of Preservation" I would suggest running Fiodh dungeon again, and see if another powder drops. If not, I know that you could have someone else on that quest come with you, as they will get a drop of the powder that you can pick up (so long as they do not pick it up themselves) and use that to complete that duplicate quest.
    Greta
  • seccomseccom
    Megasoul wrote: »

I once had a duplicate Shakespeare quest a while back, but when I completed the duplicate I only received one copy of the next quest in the series.

As for Advent of the Goddess' "Find the Magic Powder of Preservation" I would suggest running Fiodh dungeon again, and see if another powder drops. If not, I know that you could have someone else on that quest come with you, as they will get a drop of the powder that you can pick up (so long as they do not pick it up themselves) and use that to complete that duplicate quest.
    Thanks for your input! I just went and tried to do what you said, but the duplicate quest (for me it's Act 1 Scene 2) won't show up, and only the Romeo and Juliet manuscript where I'm further along (Act 4 Scene 3) shows up when I try to enter the Theatre. I went ahead and mentioned this to the GM.

GM Cralix told me that the Find the Magic Powder of Preservation quest mentioned in OP and also what I went through, is something that is periodically removed as it cannot be completed.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Megasoul wrote: »

Thanks for your input! I just went and tried to do what you said, but the duplicate quest (for me it's Act 1 Scene 2) won't show up, and only the Romeo and Juliet manuscript where I'm further along (Act 4 Scene 3) shows up when I try to enter the Theatre. I went ahead and mentioned this to the GM.

GM Cralix told me that the Find the Magic Powder of Preservation quest mentioned in OP and also what I went through, is something that is periodically removed as it cannot be completed.

Ah I think I was luckier then, since the quest I had to do was give strawberry milk I believe, and I think when I gave it for one duplicate quest it completed both at the same time anyways.

Best of luck regarding your duplicate.