Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Experience Events

ookieookie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
edited August 27, 2019 in General Chat
Why so much experience giveaways? Double AP ... awesome! Double skill ... fantastic! Double overall experience ... not so much a fan, and here's why. It's all the character leveling that comes from it. Am I correct that a character's overall personal level affects their Combat Power which affects monster levels they have to battle? A low level character taking part in these events would be prematurely raising their personal level into the thousands when they still get owned by a bear because their combat skills are still on the mid to low end. A Boss for a low level character might be a Black Grizzly which they will be able to rank their combat skills up by fulfilling the leveling requirements of attacking a Boss. However, if that character is prematurely leveled higher than his capability then they will now have to battle something they don't have the skills to take on. Plus requirements for groups of enemies get harder to find because higher level enemies don't tend to hang in groups.

I'm just trying to understand it all. I may be all wrong about it so any clarity I would greatly appreciate. I've no problem with AP and Skill events at all. The more the merrier. It's just all the extremely high amounts of general experience that doesn't even apply to skills that concerns me.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Don't worry about it.
    CP is more tied to overall skill ranks, which AP events and Skill training events would affect more than 2x Combat Experience.

After all a total level 10,000 character with rF in all skills would have the same CP as a total level 100 character with rF in all skills. (assuming same current level, talent, race)

But also it's not that big of an issue.
    In order to have your CP swell enough to interfere with skill training, you'd have to train high-CP skills before everything else.
    Which isn't so much the fault of 2x events, but rather of just the CP system itself.
    It's something that mostly affects new players, but it's better countered by that player being informed of the CP system, and suggesting training "CP-intensive skills" first, rather than not having 2x events.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Pushing everyone to the end line I suppose.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    I'm happy about the excessive exp fruits kinda borked myself with the Blanaad quest when I wanted to see how many quests it would take to reach 200 so the free exp guarantees my last 107 till 5k quickly. Though still gotta grind up those class abilities and moves.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Total level only affects CP because it gives players more AP to invest in skills/stats. Basically CP is the two skills you have that give the most "skill" CP and the combination of all of your stats.

I believe Thunder is the worst skill insofar as "Skill" CP, giving something like 750 CP alone for max rank. If it's not max rank your Skill CP is probably combined 750. That just leaves stat CP, which slowly goes up as you get stronger due to stats.

Technically, if you never spend your AP your CP never goes up.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hey gotta get to level 40k before this game shuts down. ;)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »
    Hey gotta get to level 40k before this game shuts down. ;)

Where are you at now?