Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Events for Girg Raids?

AngelrizerAngelrizer
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited February 1, 2017 in General Chat
So i noticed that nobody does Girgashy raids now... Why don't Mabi start some events that help encourage more Girg raids? I'd love to do girg raids not to mention the sub-skills for my crusader skills, but i can't do it if no one else does them!!!

Comments

• GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    We had the Double Crusader XP event back when G20 was about to come out, but otherwise, nothing for a long time.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I think the problem with the raids is that:
    -you need a large amount of people to event start one.
    -soloing mission is near impossible with the time limit and damage reduction. You also cannot do the combo to bipass the damage reduction.
    -only crusader skills will ignore the damage reduction of girg
    -crusader skills are grindy as hell to rank up
    -crusader levels is grindy as hell to gain for the passives
    -participating will rarely give you a prize you want; on top of that you need far far far too much materials to craft any of the things you can make. On the same point, there is little reason to own these weapons with other easier to obtain weapons of similar caliber.

So the motivation to do these girg raids is... not worth it.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wouldn't mind another 2x crusader exp event.

But I moreso want the exp curve to get lowered.
    And for more sources of larger amounts of exp.

And, yaknow, having more than a single raid would be nice.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited February 1, 2017
    Angelrizer wrote: »
    So i noticed that nobody does Girgashy raids now... Why don't Mabi start some events that help encourage more Girg raids? I'd love to do girg raids not to mention the sub-skills for my crusader skills, but i can't do it if no one else does them!!!

what server are you on? on alexina there are raids everyday at daily reset (7am PST) and almost everyday somewhere between 3-5pm PST in ch1 on alexina. don't know about other servers though
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I second this. it's a little boring having to do the same raid over and over. more ways of earning crusader exp would indeed be nice too
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    there use to be runs at mari every day, check your server forum.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    edited February 1, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »

2x exp would be nice, but honestly they need to double the exp we get from the quests. As it is, we get 100 exp per daily quest, so that's 500 there. 300 for full clear for the day making the daily 800 exp per day. In the weekly we get 300 per quest, and 1000 for the full complete, so another 4000. So that totals to 9600 exp a week if you full clear each and every day.

I'm at 184 in the Crusader level currently and it's still going to take me another 1.6 years from now to get to 225 assuming no events or changes happen. So something needs to be done. Also the removal of 10+ daily, 16 weekly and ring requirements for something else would be awesome as well.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    If you are on Mari, here is the thread for Girgashiy Raids.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/493/girgashiy-raid-daily/p1

If you are on a different server, you can copy and paste most of what is in this thread.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Pretty much do raid just to train your divine skills. Shield and blade are both super useful even outside of raids.