Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Quest Deletion

HeleoHeleo
Mabinogi Rep: 820
in Feedback and Suggestions
I think having the option to delete quests again (specifically skill quests) would be great especially after getting a quest, not being able to complete it and end up just sealing it. Being able to delete said quests would help avoid having a quest in your quest list that you will never do because you already have x rank of y skill
DanievictriaMaia
  1. Convenient?12 votes
    1. Yea
       92% (11 votes)
    2. Nah
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    While I understand the point of this, I don't think it's a good idea. I do have the "Artifact Investigator" quest that I wish I could get rid of because I already have the skill, but there's too much risk for this to be viable.

Having worked in video game support for a while now, I know just how much some players can be stupid, and it's unfortunate that because of them, the good and smart players can't get nice things. For example (and assuming that a non-daily quest can't be obtained again), abandoning Artifact Investigator would mean the only way I can get the Artifact Investigation skill would be to rebirth as Treasure Hunter. While I'd also want an option to delete Event quests for events I don't care at all about, this would also have people deleting them mid-event and then realising they can no longer participate in the event.

If the quests weren't permanently deleted, then I'm not sure how they'd prevent certain conditions from fulfilling over and over. For example, reaching Rank 9 in Exploration Mastery will automatically give me the quest, and if I abandon it, it would just give it back immediately or on the next login since I'm still Rank 9+ in Exploration Mastery.

TLDR; No because people are stupid.
    PlatinaKokiIonKensamaofmariSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I had that Artifact Investigator quest. At first I started to do it the hard way, by running Rano dungeons over and over, then I just said vuggid and fed the monkeys.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    Having an active skill quest possibly bugs the Yvona skill quest for Musical Knowledge R4-R3. This would help alot, I'm stuck at Rank 4 atm cause i have to finish Rest R7 quest. I already have r1 rest.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Arthenia wrote: »
    Having an active skill quest possibly bugs the Yvona skill quest for Musical Knowledge R4-R3. This would help alot, I'm stuck at Rank 4 atm cause i have to finish Rest R7 quest. I already have r1 rest.

The other option to solve it is to carefully use any rare skill seals that are available.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited September 26, 2019
    I completely agree with this idea. I've even submitted tickets to have skill quests removed to no avail. There's no reason some of these quests shouldn't be removable- especially when you could just restart them by talking to an NPC if you needed to complete them still.

Two prime examples of skill quests I simply do not need. I have both of these accomplished already. (Ended up sealing the rest one after 50+ runs looking for the book, RNG is way too low on something that's not tradable)
    lHwpd72.png
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Would love to get rid of that R7 Rest quest...