Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tuned Instruments

KazukixdKazukixd
Mabinogi Rep: 685
edited September 29, 2019 in General Chat
For some reason Nexon decided to change the key for all the tuned instruments in the latest updates so all the pre-existing MMLs for tuned instruments are off-key and sound terrible when played. Does anyone have any input on this?
Crimsọn

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Yes this is a thing. There's at least one other thread about this in the feedback section. I've seen at least half a dozen obscure youtube videos relating to the issue in the last week which makes me think a number of people are reporting it. It's pretty annoying because the tuned instruments were some of the best sounding and now they are pretty much unusable.
    pawcalypseCrimsọn
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Isn't it only the flute that is off-key? Also, yeah, there's a good thread about it in Bugs & Glitches.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It's probably just a corrupted resource file. It should be a simple enough matter, for Nexon, of reverting to an older version of the file in their version control database and including it in their next weekly update.
    Crimsọn
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Yes I am the one who put the post about this on the feedback and suggestions. It is a terrible set back. If they are able to fix it back to how it sounded before, and toss out the replacement, it would restore my will to compose. The first update they did they removed long notes from cello and violins, so I had to go through my years of creations to replace whole notes with two half notes, which remedied the songs and maintained their quality. But this update made it irrepairable for the songs I involved with the tune flute, which are beautiful. :( or were. I'm hoping they fix that
    Crimsọnstarkiller1286
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Did the break correspond to the new music update? Someone might've pooched the dataset, and it got past QA.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    We're pretty sure it started after the new music update. That's when everyone started talking about it. Hopefully because it's a new problem it will be higher on their priority list (since it should be easier to identify the problem). I think the biggest obstacle will be figuring out how to explain the problem to KR.