Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Solo Guilds? (SOLVED)

ElrisElris
Mabinogi Rep: 740
edited October 17, 2019 in Help
In other MMOs, I've been able to make "solo guilds" by having other players join me in their creation, and then leave afterwards. Pretty much just so I can familiarize myself with the system and lay some groundwork before my friends are ready to join.
I was wondering if the same thing was possible in Mabinogi as well, or if the guild might automatically disband if there are too few members?

I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but Mabinogi seems to take Guilds more seriously than other MMOs, so I want to err on the side of caution.

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    As far as I know, you need to have 5 people to start a Guild, though once it's done, they're free to leave (or you can kick them out) until you're the last one in it. That said, keep in mind the Guild Leader needs to have Premium Service or VIP Service and not have it expire, at which point you're good to go.
    Elris
  • ElrisElris
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Draech wrote: »
    As far as I know, you need to have 5 people to start a Guild, though once it's done, they're free to leave (or you can kick them out) until you're the last one in it. That said, keep in mind the Guild Leader needs to have Premium Service or VIP Service and not have it expire, at which point you're good to go.

As far as I know (based on wiki information) the Leader's Premium Service is mostly just for keeping the Guild Stone active and maintaining the ability to recruit, so losing that won't be a big deal for me at this time.
    Miliardo wrote: »
    You only need premium/vip for creating the guild, once it runs out you just won't be able to recruit anyone until you renew vip/premium but the guild will still be there including guild chat. Though there isn't much to familiarize with, mabinogi's guild system is quite basic unfortunately.

Perfect!

Thanks to both of you for your help!
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    You only need premium/vip for creating the guild, once it runs out you just won't be able to recruit anyone until you renew vip/premium but the guild will still be there including guild chat. Though there isn't much to familiarize with, mabinogi's guild system is quite basic unfortunately.
    Elris
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You can view all the guilds and list them in different orders. So list them ascending by number of members. Likely you will see some with only one member.