Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Starting Commercing, By A Beginner

Comments

• CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Another tip for newbie commerce is doing the fighter quest line as it should give you enough ducats (not counting the starting ducats you're given with). It skips the painful backpack process!
    Another to add is bandit hunting. There are bounty cards in the AH and other player shops that just sell them for dirt cheap often just because only a handful see some value in them, because the goal isn't to catch the outlaw but farming bandit badges, imo I recommend this just because sometimes I get bored of just traveling the goods, it breaks that monotony. Just a cc'd firewand is enough to kill veterans in 2 casts and masters in 3-5 casts for someone below 5k.
    KensamaofmariMapel
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Collect all the bandit badges whether you're out hunting for bandits or having to defend your goods. If you're starting out, don't even let the plain badges to waste.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 22, 2021
    The Fighter quests give 3000 ducats. Make sure you get your starter 400 ducats first before doing so or else you'll forfeit them. Bandit badges can be turned in for quests, most of which I think are for musical instruments. They can be returned directly though for ducats instead: bronze gives 10 ducats, silver 100, and gold 1000.

Altogether these are not a lot of ducats. If you're going to do the fighter quests right away anyway, then go right ahead. But if not, you can be at 3400 ducats after a minimum of your first four runs by following the tip earlier in this thread. Bare in mind if you start commencing long before doing fighter then by the time you get the 3000 ducats from fighter then they will seem like nothing more than a delightful digestif.
    Ciri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If you somehow become bankrupt, I think the trade imp will give you another beginner's amount of ducats.
    MapelCiri
  • MapelMapel
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    If you somehow become bankrupt, I think the trade imp will give you another beginner's amount of ducats.

Yeah, you just have to talk to them. I was lucky enough to not go bankrupt, but I've read that you can get additional ducats if that sort of things does happen lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

They do.