Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to make paint?

Mabibabi98Mabibabi98
Mabinogi Rep: 645
in Game Guides
I understand that you need ingredients like fish oil, herbs, mps and bottled water but I'm just unsure what I use to combine them? Also can someone tell me how I mix paints in the paint kettle in my homestead? I just want to know how to make forest green like the colour that the roof of the bank is in Tir Chonaill. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 21, 2019
    Handicraft is used to make paints.

You need Water Bottle, some kind of fish, and 10x certain herbs.

Base Herbs = Green Paint
    Mana Herbs = Blue
    Bloody Herbs = Red
    Sunlight Herbs = Yellow
    Golden Herbs = Gold
    Poison Herbs = Purple
    White Herbs = White
    Garbage Herbs = Black

Once you have at least two paints, head over to your paint-mixing kettle on the homestead and put them into the slots.
    From there, adjust the bars under each paint to get the desired color.

You can mix up to 3 paints at once, but you just need at least two.

I'm not sure on the paint combinations to make forest green, but I'm sure you can get it right with your own testing.

Heck, if you know the RGB color code, you can probably make red, green, and blue paint and mix them together and adjust the bars until it's just right.

Just be aware that paint mixing does have a chance to fail and make you end up with the wrong color, but you can just try again later.
    If you need fish, you can either fish or go over to Cobh and buy Jellyfish from Cadoc. They're only 150 gold each and they count as fish for the purposed of making paint.
    Mabibabi98
  • Mabibabi98Mabibabi98
    Mabinogi Rep: 645
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Handicraft is used to make paints.

You need Water Bottle, some kind of fish, and 10x certain herbs.

Base Herbs = Green Paint
    Mana Herbs = Blue
    Bloody Herbs = Red
    Sunlight Herbs = Yellow
    Golden Herbs = Gold
    Poison Herbs = Purple
    White Herbs = White
    Garbage Herbs = Black

Once you have at least two paints, head over to your paint-mixing kettle on the homestead and put them into the slots.
    From there, adjust the bars under each paint to get the desired color.

You can mix up to 3 paints at once, but you just need at least two.

I'm not sure on the paint combinations to make forest green, but I'm sure you can get it right with your own testing.

Heck, if you know the RGB color code, you can probably make red, green, and blue paint and mix them together and adjust the bars until it's just right.

Just be aware that paint mixing does have a chance to fail and make you end up with the wrong color, but you can just try again later.
    If you need fish, you can either fish or go over to Cobh and buy Jellyfish from Cadoc. They're only 150 gold each and they count as fish for the purposed of making paint.

Thanks so much!!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Just FYI For those planning to create their own paint for the Harvest event, the crafted paint will not work.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 23, 2019
    This thread should be in the Help forum not Game Guides.

The Homestead paint kettle is just for mixing. You MAKE paint using the Handicraft skill.

The paint kettle doesn't work as cleanly as a normal RGB editing tool. So for Forest Green: mix green, blue, and black. I'll leave you to twiddle the actual ratios.