Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Conversion of Spirit Weapon Dyes

DiernorDiernor
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Feedback and Suggestions
This is more feedback than suggestion, if you don't mind your feedback being in the form of a rant.

I demand to know why we were not adequately informed that spirit weapon dyes would have their names changed and be unusable on new spirit weapons. Especially since these dyes were being given away like candy so recently, I do not understand why on God's green Earth such information was ommitted. It wasn't on the microsite, it wasn't in any easily accessible update information, and it sure as hell wasn't on that awful excuse for a pre-release stream courtesy of the queen of "Read the microsite" and "I'll put it on Discord later", because God forbid a CM be capable of actually gathering information and planning and structuring a stream.

This is completely outrageous. Now Spirit Weapons cost way more to dye for no good reason, the money I spent on dyes in preparation for this event went to waste, and I had no way of knowing this could happen!

I feel like I've been hit with a bait and switch here, and I demand to know what's to be done about this. This isn't right at all and y'all know it.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This is damn awful if this is true...
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited December 12, 2019
    Holy crap, calm the hell down. There is no reason for you to be rude at all.
    Dying an ego isn't that hard at all. If you are transferring a classic ego to a new ego, just dye the new ego first. The dyed Ego retains it's color being becoming a spirit weapon.
    Also Spirit weapon dyes were never that expensive.
    Lowest being 50k on Nao to 900k (but people always put black/white dyes over prices) so Spirit weapon dyes are were around 50-200k.
    Tone your rudeness down.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited December 15, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Dying an ego isn't that hard at all. If you are transferring a classic ego to a new ego, just dye the new ego first. The dyed Ego retains it's color being becoming a spirit weapon.
    Lowest being 50k on Nao to 900k (but people always put black/white dyes over prices) so Spirit weapon dyes are were around 50-200k.
    Tone your rudeness down.

Actually, I kind of agree. This is important information that we really should have been made aware of. Especially for those of us that have spirit wand dyes that are just useless now. I'll be honest, Nexon doesn't care enough, and being rude is often the only way to get their attention and make them fix the problem. I've noticed that seems to be the only time Nexon ever takes action is if enough people are pissed off.

I admit, I am a little upset myself. And I would like something to be done about this. I had an entire pet inventory's worth of gems and it just seems like now they're just gonna gather dust or get dropped because they're useless now.
    Diernor wrote: »
    This is more feedback than suggestion, if you don't mind your feedback being in the form of a rant.

I demand to know why we were not adequately informed that spirit weapon dyes would have their names changed and be unusable on new spirit weapons. Especially since these dyes were being given away like candy so recently, I do not understand why on God's green Earth such information was ommitted. It wasn't on the microsite, it wasn't in any easily accessible update information, and it sure as hell wasn't on that awful excuse for a pre-release stream courtesy of the queen of "Read the microsite" and "I'll put it on Discord later", because God forbid a CM be capable of actually gathering information and planning and structuring a stream.

This is completely outrageous. Now Spirit Weapons cost way more to dye for no good reason, the money I spent on dyes in preparation for this event went to waste, and I had no way of knowing this could happen!

I feel like I've been hit with a bait and switch here, and I demand to know what's to be done about this. This isn't right at all and y'all know it.

I would submit a ticket to make SURE they see it. They really need to know they dropped the ball on this one.
    Iyasenu
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Tone your rudeness down.

You can actually still dye your Spirit Weapon after Convert, depending on the dye palate.
  • SqueeSquee

Tone your rudeness down.

You can actually still dye your Spirit Weapon after Convert, depending on the dye palate.

Can you still dye the new spirit weapons using the classic spirit weapon dyes? Because I was under the impression they don't work on the new spirit weapons and the new ones are dyed using normal dyes.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited December 17, 2019
    Squee wrote: »
    Tone your rudeness down.

Actually, I kind of agree. This is important information that we really should have been made aware of. Especially for those of us that have spirit wand dyes that are just useless now. I'll be honest, Nexon doesn't care enough, and being rude is often the only way to get their attention and make them fix the problem. I've noticed that seems to be the only time Nexon ever takes action is if enough people are pissed off.

I admit, I am a little upset myself. And I would like something to be done about this. I had an entire pet inventory's worth of gems and it just seems like now they're just gonna gather dust or get dropped because they're useless now.

Being rude is never ever EVER okay and you never get anything from being rude. So no, it's not anything to agree with. Why do you think people tell you to be kind and polite when submitting tickets? Because when you are rude and calling peoples names, you are more likley to not be helped. Also Nexon cares Alot more than you ever will know.

Also gems are still useful, at lower levels they work good still.
    As for spirit weapon dyes? Just drop them, they were never worth anything.
    You can dye your spirit weapon normally now.
    10-15 different color spirit weapon dyes vs endless amounts of dyes is much better trade off.

Once again, Being rude makes you look like a jerk.

Draech
  • SqueeSquee
    Being rude is never ever EVER okay and you never get anything from being rude. So no, it's not anything to agree with. Why do you think people tell you to be kind and polite when submitting tickets? Because when you are rude and calling peoples names, you are more likley to not be helped. Also Nexon cares Alot more than you ever will know.

Also gems are still useful, at lower levels they work good still.
    As for spirit weapon dyes? Just drop them, they were never worth anything.
    You can dye your spirit weapon normally now.
    10-15 different color spirit weapon dyes vs endless amounts of dyes is much better trade off.

Once again, Being rude makes you look like a jerk.

I would normally agree with you. However, with Nexon, that's the ONLY way they ever listen. I've worked customer service, and I've worked in it for years. I know how it works when it comes to this sort of thing. Companies like Nexon ONLY take you seriously if they think they're about to lose you as a customer. Anything less and they don't seem to want to care. Seriously, they've never taken me seriously and never done anything to help me. However, when I started getting pushy and had to be a jerk, they finally started making things happen.

One such example: My account got suspended because I got hacked, but they refused to restore my account. After I got pissed and started chewing them out because I wanted to come back to the game and they could potentially get me back as a customer, it took me being a jerk to them for them to finally restore my account. The last time I talked to Nexon, I tried being nice, and they flat out refused to help me at all.

I don't like being a jerk. But Nexon doesn't care about people. They don't seem to ever really care unless it affects their profit. They can't ever seem to do anything right and they don't care about how bad the game runs as long as they're making money from it.

Now, I will admit that Nexon's customer service has gotten better over the years, and they do care a little more than they used to, however, they still often don't seem like they even want to try to understand people's problems. They have copy and paste responses, and a lot of the time I don't think they have people who speak English helping you. Nexon has gotten better, but their customer service still sucks. If I did half the things they do when it comes to customer service when I was working for other customer service jobs, I would have been fired in a heartbeat.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I would normally agree with you. However, with Nexon, that's the ONLY way they ever listen. I've worked customer service, and I've worked in it for years. I know how it works when it comes to this sort of thing. Companies like Nexon ONLY take you seriously if they think they're about to lose you as a customer. Anything less and they don't seem to want to care. Seriously, they've never taken me seriously and never done anything to help me. However, when I started getting pushy and had to be a jerk, they finally started making things happen.

One such example: My account got suspended because I got hacked, but they refused to restore my account. After I got pissed and started chewing them out because I wanted to come back to the game and they could potentially get me back as a customer, it took me being a jerk to them for them to finally restore my account. The last time I talked to Nexon, I tried being nice, and they flat out refused to help me at all.

I don't like being a jerk. But Nexon doesn't care about people. They don't seem to ever really care unless it affects their profit. They can't ever seem to do anything right and they don't care about how bad the game runs as long as they're making money from it.

Now, I will admit that Nexon's customer service has gotten better over the years, and they do care a little more than they used to, however, they still often don't seem like they even want to try to understand people's problems. They have copy and paste responses, and a lot of the time I don't think they have people who speak English helping you. Nexon has gotten better, but their customer service still sucks. If I did half the things they do when it comes to customer service when I was working for other customer service jobs, I would have been fired in a heartbeat.

I've never seen someone so wrong as you. Being rude will never get you more help, trust me. Now here's what you need to understand:

I work as a Player Support (PS) agent for a world-renowned mobile game, but I'm not working for that company. Instead, I work for a PS company that subcontracts for the game devs/publishers. We're also not the only ones; we provide the quality service for a hefty fee, and an Indian company provides the cheap and atrocious support that most are used to.

The agent that players get can be anyone from either company, and their problem may take a few different agents before they get a fix (i.e. until they fall on one of us instead of the Indian support). It's not because they're rude that they get help, it's because we're the ones who ultimately end up with their ticket and start all over with them to fix the issue. In fact, being rude usually gets them no help at all or getting robotic feedback answers, even from us, because they don't deserve help.

In Nexon's case, I think they only hire an Indian company (and I think it's the same one we compete with), but they also have a few actual GMs working for Nexon that are going to help. For example, I wrote a ticket when I had a bug where my character was stuck in the starting zone of Iria with no way to leave. The first agent, with some random name no one heard of, said "Thanks for your suggestion" and then encouraged me to write it in F&S on the Forums; obviously the subcontractor. Then when I replied, one of our more well-known GMs (a Nexon employee) handled my ticket and helped me with this.

In the end, you just have to keep trying, and the more helpful you are, the more helpful they get. If you're rude, don't be surprised once they show how little they care about "losing you as a customer".
    Because when you are rude and calling peoples names, you are more likley to not be helped.

If only that was the most people say when they try to be rude and noticeable. We actually have to contact the police a good couple of times for threats, and close a bunch of tickets without reply for some really excessive insults and wishes of bad fortune.
  • SqueeSquee
    Draech wrote: »

I've never seen someone so wrong as you. Being rude will never get you more help, trust me. Now here's what you need to understand:

I work as a Player Support (PS) agent for a world-renowned mobile game, but I'm not working for that company. Instead, I work for a PS company that subcontracts for the game devs/publishers. We're also not the only ones; we provide the quality service for a hefty fee, and an Indian company provides the cheap and atrocious support that most are used to.

The agent that players get can be anyone from either company, and their problem may take a few different agents before they get a fix (i.e. until they fall on one of us instead of the Indian support). It's not because they're rude that they get help, it's because we're the ones who ultimately end up with their ticket and start all over with them to fix the issue. In fact, being rude usually gets them no help at all or getting robotic feedback answers, even from us, because they don't deserve help.

In Nexon's case, I think they only hire an Indian company (and I think it's the same one we compete with), but they also have a few actual GMs working for Nexon that are going to help. For example, I wrote a ticket when I had a bug where my character was stuck in the starting zone of Iria with no way to leave. The first agent, with some random name no one heard of, said "Thanks for your suggestion" and then encouraged me to write it in F&S on the Forums; obviously the subcontractor. Then when I replied, one of our more well-known GMs (a Nexon employee) handled my ticket and helped me with this.

In the end, you just have to keep trying, and the more helpful you are, the more helpful they get. If you're rude, don't be surprised once they show how little they care about "losing you as a customer".

I have gone through Nexon multiple times with tickets. I have had to submit enough tickets that I have interacted with them enough times. And the truth is that they ONLY seem to genuinely want to help when I get pissed off and really start getting to be a jerk to them. They show how little they care normally when I'm nice, but it is only when I'm angry and about to quit the game that they ever even attempt to help me. When I'm nice, they give me the "I'm sorry but we can't do anything about that" response. When I'm a jerk, that seems to be the only time they seem to want to do anything for me.

You don't know much about me, but I don't like being a jerk to people. I've worked customer service and I've been on that end. But being nice has gotten me nowhere with Nexon's customer service. I always try to start out nice, but I end up having to be a jerk because they won't help.

Normally I would agree with you completely. But with Nexon, it just doesn't work.