Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Feedback] Catch the Thief Event

NegumikoNegumiko
Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
in Feedback and Suggestions
I am really enjoying this event so far, it is nice seeing players in Filia and Vales. while waiting a hour to do the quest again I can do other events or play music with other players and the rewards are decent. doing a lot of this event in Iria makes mabi feel kind of new since some players rarely go to Iria anymore. it is a break from the same boring routine of most events happening in or near Dunbarton. would love to see more events like this happening in Iria more often, why do we only get Iria events about twice a year at most?

also that goblin thief looks exactly like goblin bandits, seeing a goblin bandit in Iria keeps me thinking about the possibility of Iria commerce one day. maybe mabi KR thought it might be fun to see how a bandit would look in Iria to see if they want to do something like Iria commerce in the future? probably just being to hopeful about that but at least it is interesting.

overall I think this event is quite fun a nice change of scenery. what does everyone else think about this event?
Sherri
  1. would you like to see more events like this in Iria or Iria commerce one day?20 votes
    1. Yes, Dunbarton is getting boring
       25% (5 votes)
    2. No, both are bad ideas
       10% (2 votes)
    3. Maybe?
       5% (1 vote)
    4. Yes, more new events in Iria and Iria commerce would be fun
       50% (10 votes)
    5. Only yes to Iria events and no to Iria commerce
       10% (2 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I like when they bring events outside Dunbarton. Sure, it's easier just to go to Dunby to do everything but then the world of Erinn isn't as appreciated.. even different cities in Uladh would be enough for me. not to mention how empty Tara is, for being the huge city it is..

Iria commerce would be pretty interesting to see, maybe they could have a Commerce update that adds that in. Maybe something stronger than Master Bandits, Caravans (much easier way to commerce w/ friends), new ways to make more profit.. #MakeCommerceGreatAgain
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It's a temporary burst of activity within Filia/Vales. It'll fade soon... sadly.

BUT! Seeing as we have an update on pets as well as the Spirit Weapon renewal, maybe, just maybe, a Commerce expansion/update is somewhere on their list of things to update.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Events in Iria's towns are nice, but... I hate the event itself, especially catching the thief.
    Yoridenvampryn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sherri wrote: »
    I like when they bring events outside Dunbarton. Sure, it's easier just to go to Dunby to do everything but then the world of Erinn isn't as appreciated.. even different cities in Uladh would be enough for me. not to mention how empty Tara is, for being the huge city it is..

Iria commerce would be pretty interesting to see, maybe they could have a Commerce update that adds that in. Maybe something stronger than Master Bandits, Caravans (much easier way to commerce w/ friends), new ways to make more profit.. #MakeCommerceGreatAgain

If they turned Dugald into a port, turned Ceann into a proper port, added a second giant town on Sella beach as a port, as well as a second Elf town as a port, gave Cor and Quilla proper port facilities, then they could add Pirates. Going by sea lets you get to destinations, even on the same continent faster (as an incentive) but at the risk that any booty lost to pirates is irrecoverable via bounty hunters.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 23, 2019
    Also did i forget to mention about possible a-holes who like to summon urns in Iria? Pretty sure this was already done during these events.
    vampryn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    Also did i forget to mention about possible a-holes who like to summon urns in Iria? Pretty sure this was already done during these events.

That is annoying, for sure, but that kind of griefing requires them to pay real-world money and is unsustainable. Plus if there are any high-level characters present, they be like "thanks for the experience and drops, sucka!" I just think of it this way.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Hate it.
    Did it once, took me like 15 mins to catch the thief. Cause first time I was age 18 so I was slow, couldn't even hit him once.
    So I had to leave mission, take a tin pot, march song + demi god to keep up with him.

No thanks.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 27, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »
    Hate it.
    Did it once, took me like 15 mins to catch the thief. Cause first time I was age 18 so I was slow, couldn't even hit him once.
    So I had to leave mission, take a tin pot, march song + demi god to keep up with him.

No thanks.

Age doesn't change speed, no idea how did you come up with this.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    Hate it.

No thanks.

Age doesn't change speed, no idea how did you come up with this.

Optical illusions.
    Greta
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have been using transformations to keep up with the bandit/thief. used Fox transformation for part 1 and using Kupa transformation for part 2 since it is fast and can windmill the bandits the thief summons fairly easily. for players that can't find a fast transformation that uses windmill keep using fox to follow then transform into something big that can use windmill and chase him with the fox again after. keeping up with him is easy with a dream catcher.
  • HelsaHelsa
    The week-two mission is so much easier. You just follow the goblin then kill the bandits and repeat four times; easy peasy.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Helsa wrote: »

If they turned Dugald into a port, turned Ceann into a proper port, added a second giant town on Sella beach as a port, as well as a second Elf town as a port, gave Cor and Quilla proper port facilities, then they could add Pirates. Going by sea lets you get to destinations, even on the same continent faster (as an incentive) but at the risk that any booty lost to pirates is irrecoverable via bounty hunters.

Sure... if we can become pirates ourselves.

Yarrr!
  • HelsaHelsa

Yarrr!

Can you become bandits? It'd have to be against NPC traders, because if it was against PCs it would kill commerce.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Yarrr!

Can you become bandits? It'd have to be against NPC traders, because if it was against PCs it would kill commerce.

I smell a new talent.
  • ZandethZandeth
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    Iria commerce would be... interesting, but also I don't see how they'd do it lore-wise without some updated camps, what with Filia and Vales hating each other, Cor Village being rather isolated, and Qilla Base Camp being the only real human "settlement" since Zardine Camp is more just an exploration camp. Not to mention the distance between them would likely require aerial transportation or payout equal to the sheer distance, the former of which would be entirely silly and defeat the purpose of bandits. Unless flying bandits were a thing, but then how would you fight them.

As for this Catch a Thief event... it's really not fun.
    First Week - Final Hit solves the entire mission in less than a minute. No need for anything other than dual swords or knuckles.
    Second Week - The event started getting frustrating with how dull it is. Literally just becomes follow this guy for 4-5 minutes of your life picking off weak bandits while the thief goes "mwahaha you fell into my trap" for the umpteenth time.
    Third Week - Somehow gets even more dull now that the goblin has a high tendency of just running back to the same spot after being hit once or twice.
    The rewards are nice at least, I just wish it didn't eat up so much time with so little to it.
    More Iria events would definitely be fun though. I remember we had a nice music event in Iria many years ago.