Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GEM FISHING EVENT CAMPAIGN

KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
in General Chat
I think we need another gem fishing event, like the red bag event we got a few months ago. We got the ego update but many of us are having a hard time getting ANYTHING to level our ego's with. Give us another gem fishing event already. PLEASE.
  1. Do you want another Gem Fishing Event or Gem Obtaining event?55 votes
    1. YES GIMME DEM GEMS
       69% (38 votes)
    2. Eh ok i want it
       5% (3 votes)
    3. No
       22% (12 votes)
    4. I just wanna be different but want it too
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Im miserable and dont care
       4% (2 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    We should not need it in the first place.
    Nilrem
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    We just got this update and already you want Nexon to give you the mats for it instead of giving people a chance to gather normally at least at first?
    CaterexChaosShadow
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I still have over 1000 bags from the last event
  • SorrowwolfeSorrowwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    I would love it if they made another gem event, so long as it also had the new gems in the reward pool.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Fixed... ;o
    I still have over 2800 bags from the last event (same with Boy's Lost Box from the following AFK event)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Fixed... ;o
    I still have over 2800 bags from the last event (same with Boy's Lost Box from the following AFK event)

I have considerably less Boy's Lost Box, but the point is that there is no immediate need for more.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, sure.

Gathering gems normally has always sucked.
    Why bother doing metallurgy for 1.XXcm gems most of the time when you can fish during events and get various 10cm gems.

Gems have always been ego food junk, a handful of Ego Quests aren't going to change that.
  • SpecialGirlSpecialGirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 680
    JJ wrote: »
    We just got this update and already you want Nexon to give you the mats for it instead of giving people a chance to gather normally at least at first?

we didnt get the full update we are missing the area that lets you mine for the new gems once a day that is the intended normal way kinda makes vet dungeons seem like an insult dont it
    GypsySpiritYoridenOdinwolfeImaizumiChaosShadow
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I have about 4000 red bags and about 14k golden boxes left. I'm good.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Honestly, everything screams (Afk to profit) like spamming the hell out of handicraft, tailoring, blacksmithing, does not hurt to have another fishing event because that is pretty much these events had done for us now and these life skills lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    giphy.gif
    courtneyy
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited December 25, 2019
    I think we need another gem fishing event, like the red bag event we got a few months ago. We got the ego update but many of us are having a hard time getting ANYTHING to level our ego's with. Give us another gem fishing event already. PLEASE.

I'm not really sure but this guy is probably one of those that dropped a lot of their gems during the past fishing events
    and now most of those people are probably regretting it especially 10cm gems are mostly over 100k .
    Since he didn't mention the "lost boy boxes" maybe he/she didn't do much of it or probably didn't get much gem from it
    and if he/she actually got gems from boxes in that event, he/she probably dropped a lot of it.

In my case I didn't get much red bags because I filled up my inventory including all spaces in my alts inventory, my bank and all spaces in the bank of my alts, all spaces in my pets I even sold some of the enchants I was hoarding to npc to clear space in my pets and I even filled up all available spaces in my sister's/alt account with gems dropped by others, at the same time I spammed feeding my spirit weapon to clear up spaces in my inventory, but as I approach the fishing grounds I get tempted to pick up all the gems that were dropped on the ground and mostly for that reason I didn't get much red bags cause feeding spirit weapon was time consuming and because I don't have much trust with my luck.

but with the new spirit weapon feeding system all the gems I hoarded are mostly gone by now.
    I have 1 doll bag full of gems in my sister/alt account to be used when I make a spirit weapon there.
    MysticbluwaCaterexSaiYoridenSherri
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    Man im new here but all i ever see is folks crying they want things spoon fed. Ever think maybe they want you to grind for something? Everyone is QQ vet as it is so lets make it rain new gems so all the spoiled players push it to dead content a month within release. Idk what gaming world everyone comes from but the game on easy street isnt fun. I love vets, i like a grind. You just want max stuff for free so you can afk in dunbarton with your kax ego. Its so silly. The gem argument will ruin metallurgy vet dungeon and any other method to obtain cuz it wont be "worth" it cuz u can just afk for better rewards
    May as well ask nexon to just make your ego max lvl day one. But youll cry then theres no challenge. I hope they dont do an event
    Heck i hope we dont get the mining area. Stop being lazy and actually work for something.
    Even leveling is easy im 10k been in this game for 3 weeks. If you cant be bothered to farm gems you shouldnt get a high lvl spirit weapon. Simple.
    SaiChaosShadow
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Holyspellz wrote: »
    Man im new here but all i ever see is folks crying they want things spoon fed. Ever think maybe they want you to grind for something? Everyone is QQ vet as it is so lets make it rain new gems so all the spoiled players push it to dead content a month within release. Idk what gaming world everyone comes from but the game on easy street isnt fun. I love vets, i like a grind. You just want max stuff for free so you can afk in dunbarton with your kax ego. Its so silly. The gem argument will ruin metallurgy vet dungeon and any other method to obtain cuz it wont be "worth" it cuz u can just afk for better rewards
    May as well ask nexon to just make your ego max lvl day one. But youll cry then theres no challenge. I hope they dont do an event
    Heck i hope we dont get the mining area. Stop being lazy and actually work for something.
    Even leveling is easy im 10k been in this game for 3 weeks. If you cant be bothered to farm gems you shouldnt get a high lvl spirit weapon. Simple.

Well you know what they say, hope into one hand...

There's going to be an event eventually.
    The game will get the update.

It's sad how you think gem events would make Veteran dungeons dead content.
    You've been around about one month, so maybe you still haven't found out, but gems are filler rewards. Always have been.
    If you ran something and got a gem at the end, it was because you didn't get anything good.
    They've basically always existed to just feed an ego for incremental EXP gains. Adding a few Ego quests isn't going to change that.
    And even going way back, adding Gem Upgrades to weapons didn't do that either.

Event gems didn't turn Metallurgy into dead content.
    It turned "getting small gems" into dead content.
    Event gems won't kill Veteran, either. It will just underscore the worthlessness of having yet another thing in the game that can hand out mediocore, and random, gems instead of actually worthwhile rewards.

And it's such a shame that these are your first posts on to the forums.
    It's a bad look, along with being a bad first impression.
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    edited December 26, 2019
    Let it be bad ill call it how i see it 80% of threads are spoiled players crying they want things made easier and than nobody can say anything otherwise because its against what yall want. Just browsing far back to the new gens and all the threads of ppl crying about its difficulty when in reality none of it is all that hard. Browse all info about vets its ppl crying. Metallurgy isnt dead i currently make over 20m a day doing it, but a fishing event would force me to abandon that because again everyone wants something free.
    Comprehension is key here me personally i like vet, im ok with the grind and idk how a 2m+ gem drop isnt exciting when most ppl you speak too think swiz spam is the pinnacle of money making.
    Honestly couldnt care less how i look or how you feel about me anyone can see this is just a cry for free stuff.
    Like the market isnt flooded enough when every "vet" player harvests event rewards 1000x over on alts and are proud of it. Not the kinda ppl i wanna be well recieved by anyways. I try to meet and interact with folks who play and are ok with a grind.... also new gems in current state are incentive and maybe thats a good thing. I dont think you fully understand what im saying here, maybe you do.
    Guess around here i should just hop on the plz make game easier and please give more freebie bandwagon. Maybe youd be less disaapointed. Or maybe my first post should be me crying about game difficulty. Is that how i make the good impression lol. Smh.
    ChaosShadow
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Let it be bad ill call it how i see it 80% of threads are spoiled players crying they want things made easier and than nobody can say anything otherwise because its against what yall want. Just browsing far back to the new gens and all the threads of ppl crying about its difficulty when in reality none of it is all that hard. Browse all info about vets its ppl crying. Metallurgy isnt dead i currently make over 20m a day doing it, but a fishing event would force me to abandon that because again everyone wants something free.
    Comprehension is key here me personally i like vet, im ok with the grind and idk how a 2m+ gem drop isnt exciting when most ppl you speak too think swiz spam is the pinnacle of money making.
    Honestly couldnt care less how i look or how you feel about me anyone can see this is just a cry for free stuff.
    Like the market isnt flooded enough when every "vet" player harvests event rewards 1000x over on alts and are proud of it. Not the kinda ppl i wanna be well recieved by anyways. I try to meet and interact with folks who play and are ok with a grind.... also new gems in current state are incentive and maybe thats a good thing. I dont think you fully understand what im saying here, maybe you do.
    Guess around here i should just hop on the plz make game easier and please give more freebie bandwagon. Maybe youd be less disaapointed. Or maybe my first post should be me crying about game difficulty. Is that how i make the good impression lol. Smh.

Well it'd certainly make you seem like less like just another person who wants other people to play the game how you think it should be played.
    Ya'know, like someone who comes on the forums to engage with the community outside of just in-game, and not one who gets on here to only do some whining when people want an event. "lol. Smh."
    And players wishing for a return of some past event is literally something that is expected.

And I didn't say metallurgy is dead, I said getting small gems is.
    The only change to small gems now is that you can get rid of them nigh instantly since Egos don't need to get hungry in order to eat anymore.
    Yes, it's a good idea to go ahead and milk metallurgy for what it's worth right now. At least currently, the beaches aren't flooded with others with the same idea.
    Though it's still only a matter of time before the new gems get added to even prize pools beyond the current event already running.

And if that day comes and you decide to come on the forums to complain about how everyone has it sooo easy and how it cut into your profits from selling metallurgy gems, then at least you can expect me not to chime in and call you a spoiled QQer and say stuff like "you know what, I hope you DON'T get what you want".
    Also alt account abuse is another topic and issue in itself. One that isn't even constrained to just events, either.
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    I dont care about the profit. The point is going passed you but keep wishing for your free ride and wonder why the game is dieng. My disagreement with the drop has 0 to do with my profit i find it commical folks are willing to pay that. Further shows how unwilling to grind anyone is. I mean why would you be when you collected 50 lucky checks from your alt. The point again is easy street isnt fun for anyome and ruins other aspects of the game that should be utilized, i.e metallurgy. No number events can cut the money that can be made via others unwilling to do much outside of showing off afk somewhere. Heck cobwebs go for 20k a stack and its an afk affair. My point is the free handout mentallity is and that being rewarded is what ruins other aspects of the game. If you cant see that then fine. If you grant me everything in a dungeom free i wont run it. If you give me free gems for afk i wont farm them thus making that skill worthless. I am willing to wager youre a vet. If you dont see how this negativly effects many different aspects of gameplay you never will and probably enjoy easy street.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 26, 2019
    Kind of have to agree with you in many ways... a time used to exist where we actually had to make our own potions if we weren't buying the 30-point potions from NPC-shops (edit/addendum: or obtaining and keeping them as rewards from difficult dungeon-grinds). Ever try running content with no potions ? For the life of me, I, myself, also cannot comprehend why they decided to start handing out potions like candy and render the Herbalism/Potion-Making skill(s) unprofitable (actually, now that I think about it, maybe they decided to «ruin» the «crafting market» in order to make it so that only Magic-Craft & Hillwen-Engineering became the only «in-demand» crafting industry). We used to have player-stores sometimes set up in convenient places (such as near the Taillteann mission-board) that often stocked and sold stacks of 100-point potions, and even 300-point potions used to be semi-rare, but now we practically never have to worry about running out of potions (although a lot of people, for some reason, also had a historic habit of never carrying any potions around with them, believe it or not). Also, even the Gems of size 5.0cm used to be super-rare, historically only available as a reward from high-contribution-point-result raiding, and there was no such thing as gems that were bigger than 5cm, so, yes, I even mentioned it in another post before, that «spreading the wealth» may be okay to an extent, but that they've really gone over-board with handing out far too much things that we should already be able to produce ourselves anyway (particularly when S-Class Rewards for Shadow-Missions such as The Secret Underground Waterway end up being what are now common items).
    Holyspellz
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    edited December 26, 2019
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Kind of have to agree with you in many ways... a time used to exist where we actually had to make our own potions if we weren't buying the 30-point potions from NPC-shops (edit/addendum: or obtaining and keeping them as rewards from difficult dungeon-grinds). Ever try running content with no potions ? For the life of me, I, myself, also cannot comprehend why they decided to start handing out potions like candy and render the Herbalism/Potion-Making skill(s) unprofitable (actually, now that I think about it, maybe they decided to «ruin» the «crafting market» in order to make it so that only Magic-Craft & Hillwen-Engineering became the only «in-demand» crafting industry). We used to have player-stores sometimes set up in convenient places (such as near the Taillteann mission-board) that often stocked and sold stacks of 100-point potions, and even 300-point potions used to be semi-rare, but now we practically never have to worry about running out of potions (although a lot of people, for some reason, also had a historic habit of never carrying any potions around with them, believe it or not). Also, even the Gems of size 5.0cm used to be super-rare, historically only available as a reward from high-contribution-point-result raiding, and there was no such thing as gems that were bigger than 5cm, so, yes, I even mentioned it in another post before, that «spreading the wealth» may be okay to an extent, but that they've really gone over-board with handing out far too much things that we should already be able to produce ourselves anyway (particularly when S-Class Rewards for Shadow-Missions such as The Secret Underground Waterway end up being what are now common items).

This is all im trying to say. Freebies ruin the game. The beaches should be aplenty with folks farming. The potions should be player crafted etc etc
    Im ok with gachapon items. Its the complete freebies that frustrate me and the fact the community seems to be blind to the fact theese very things they welcome and accept are harmful to the game. Ive been a top raider with a few n/a and first clears in wow, ive touched endgame in a lot of mmos. Never have i seen so many free handouts. Skilling is easy, story quests are easy, sms are easy. Raiding and endgame has challenges and the best way to get there and only way is gear. Well what are new players supposed to do to bridge the gap? Harvest and sell freebies? I like the idea of somebody harvest and making/selling pots to fund that teansition. Im ok with max spirit being a 2 year grind etc. The current system only rewards freebies and asking for handouts. Its bad.... just from what ive seen so far.
  • KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

I'm not really sure but this guy is probably one of those that dropped a lot of their gems during the past fishing events
    and now most of those people are probably regretting it especially 10cm gems are mostly over 100k .
    Since he didn't mention the "lost boy boxes" maybe he/she didn't do much of it or probably didn't get much gem from it
    and if he/she actually got gems from boxes in that event, he/she probably dropped a lot of it.

In my case I didn't get much red bags because I filled up my inventory including all spaces in my alts inventory, my bank and all spaces in the bank of my alts, all spaces in my pets I even sold some of the enchants I was hoarding to npc to clear space in my pets and I even filled up all available spaces in my sister's/alt account with gems dropped by others, at the same time I spammed feeding my spirit weapon to clear up spaces in my inventory, but as I approach the fishing grounds I get tempted to pick up all the gems that were dropped on the ground and mostly for that reason I didn't get much red bags cause feeding spirit weapon was time consuming and because I don't have much trust with my luck.

but with the new spirit weapon feeding system all the gems I hoarded are mostly gone by now.
    I have 1 doll bag full of gems in my sister/alt account to be used when I make a spirit weapon there.

actually no i used every gem i could get and picked up 1000s off the ground from other people dropping them. i had my entire inv stuffed with gems for weeks.