Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cut scenes are still too fast

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited January 2, 2020 in General Chat
Is this how generation quest cutscenes will be from now on ?
am I the only one who feels that cutscenes are too fast to read?
this is the main reason why I haven't progressed with g22 yet, its understandable that they want to approach generation quest with a more scenic point of view but this somehow affects the story telling aspect of the quests.

there are ways to fix this with out removing the scenic aspect of the cutscenes

1. multiple angle looping - have 1 scene taken from different angles and cycle through it on a loop, by looping 1 scene from different perspectives it makes an illusion of a continuous loop. this way the text can appear like they used to, where lines continue by pressing continue/space.

2. simple text execution - remove the animation where each letter appear separately instead have the text appear by sentence/line, limit the text appearing into 1 sentence/line at a time.

3. subtitle style - have the text appear in subtitle format, having it dubbed is a good idea too.

some may simply suggest to just watch it on youtube, but this somehow makes the generation quest less exciting for me.
  1. do cutscenes need to be fixed? which is a good fix for it?8 votes
    1. yes it needs fixing, multiple angle looping seems like a good idea.
       38% (3 votes)
    2. yes it needs fixing, simple text execution is good enough.
       13% (1 vote)
    3. yes it needs fixing, subtitle style looks interesting.
       25% (2 votes)
    4. yes it needs fixing, but there could be other ways.
       0% (0 votes)
    5. nope its fine as it is, u just have to read it faster
       25% (2 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I skip cut scenes entirely. :smirk:
  • xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    i honestly stop reading/cut scene after g20. Im growing to that age where i dont care or dnt have the patient to read anymore
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I propose archives for generation cutscenes and key commentary.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's like they have the scenes play out at a speed that would be appropriate for reading/displaying Korean text, and after translating into English, which usually takes up a lot more characters/words, they didn't compensate for it with altering the scene speed to match.
    Kensamaofmari
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    A log to read npc dialogue like other games have would fix this problem entirely.
    KensamaofmariAlchemistjk