Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beauty Suggestions

ChocolaetChocolaet
Mabinogi Rep: 440
in Feedback and Suggestions
Just a heads up, all of these suggestions are appearance based because as a game that's super virtual lifey and social, I thought of cool things that could be added so we can further customize our looks and be totally cute.

Kemonomimi That Works For Male Elves

As an elf, I am envious of the other races and even the opposite gender (Elf F), that can pull off the cute Kemonomimi look because they don't have big ears.

notobvious.png

For elven females, the "Small Ear Face" actually has small elf ears and is hidden by most hair and does not look off when they wear animal ear headbands.

obvious1.png obvious2.png

However, for elven males, the "Small Ear Face" [on left] not only shows no ear size difference, but has an odd face shape as well. When wearing animal headbands, the four-eared look is downright strange and bothersome. I'm so envious of human and giant players that can totally rock the Kemonimimi look, but I'd never change races due to my racial bonuses and how much I love the Elves.

I highly suggest a male Elf face shape that has the attractive head shape as the droopy ears, but with smaller ears similar to what Elven females have.

More Female Beauty Coupons
I'd love for these wigs to be made into beauty coupons:

Patissiere_Wig_%28F%29_Equipped_Angled.png
Patissier Wig
The males have this as a beauty coupon, I don't know why they didn't give the females it as well.

shstwfw2.png
Steamy Hot Springs Wig
*Paris Hilton voice* ..This hair is HOT.

Majestic_Knight_Wig_%28F%29_Equipped_Angled.png
Majestic Knight Wig
This is the cutest hair I've ever seen.

Feel free to leave suggestion below on wigs you'd love to see below, I didn't leave any male suggestions because the Patissier Hair M is literally my fav hair ever so I don't usually wear M wigs and I'm at a loss, sorry. xD

Also, Eluned Beauty Coupons would be great! I'd love to wear the Patissier M on a female character, or a Sweet Childhood Hair on a male.

Eluned Clothing Coupon
Basically a one-time use coupon that makes a BODY CLOTHING item (NOT ARMOR, WEAPS, GEAR, SHOES, GLOVES, ETC) wearable by the opposite sex until it is traded or put up for sale. A lot of us who like to switch genders depending on the look we feel would pay top dollar for these. I know a lot of people argue that the boobs on F outfits are modeled into the actual outfit itself but a guy with boobs isn't the weirdest thing most of you have seen on the internet, I'm sure.

Direct Hair Dye Ampoules
I COULD HAVE SWORN THIS EXISTED 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I LAST PLAYED, but it must have been a dream or something because the wiki turned up with nothing. Not only would direct dye amps for hair bring a new level of customization and style to people's looks, but it's totally something myself and others would pay NX for if it was in its own Box or a Gacha.

More Robes: More Mascot-Like Animal Costumes

I've seen these in other MMOs like Tera, where they have adorable animal costumes that cover the full body.
interior.jpg

More cute animal robes that don't have face holes, but full on mascot heads would be totally cute.

An Issue I Wanted to Point Out, But Unsure What To Suggest To Fix It: Marketplace Manipulation

EVERYTHING I SAY BELOW ONLY PERTAINS TO ITEMS THAT ARE PURELY FASHION.
Clearly, this shouldn't apply to armor or accessories because a lot of them really are worth the enchants, reforges, and upgraded put into them. I'm only talking about fashion items.

I really feel like the number one thing that is holding this game back from being a bigger more popular game is how impossible it is, especially for new players, to get their hands on clothing or appearance items due to Market Manipulation.
A small 10% of the Mabi population buys clothing, wings, etc (that serve no other purpose than fashion) for reasonable prices from other players and then turns around and sells them for 100M+ and keeps them away from most players purely out of greed.

Nothing discourages new and existing players from playing a social virtual life game than being unable to obtain anything or look the way you want. I have had many people I introduce this game to end up being turned off by it merely because they couldn't look the way they wanted to or didn't have the money to spend.
In turn, this also encourages behaviors that go against Mabinogi's terms of services like buying gold directly from other players or withholding game items for Paypal money, etc. In most cases, 100M is $100 paypal. Players are literally charging other players $100 for an appearance item. Not many of us poor people living paycheck to paycheck can do that and it's downright ridiculous to even consider it.

In most cases I WOULD say that a free Marketplace System is the best, but in Mabi where the player count is pretty small and seemingly gated to veteran players, seeing items bought for 40M and then placed right back up for 100M just to keep them from other players unless they want to pay up, it SHOWS the AH System is totally broken and somebody higher needs to step in and fix it before the game dies further.

r3JkIe9.jpg
BEAUTY SHOULD NOT BE WITHHELD TO THE 1%.

Buuut.. I don't know the solution for this. All I know is it's pissing many of us off and driving away potential players.
SherriNegumikoKensamaofmari

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 6, 2020
    I'll say this until I'm in my grave..well, I'd rather be cremated into a tree instead of being buried under the ground.. free market capitalism was a mistake.
    There should be limits on how much we can price items.

Anyway, I totally agree with the male elf thing, it's why I won't rebirth to male on my main character, the ears are much larger and it makes it hard to impossible to have animal ears.
    Also, I'd love Eluned Hairstyles too!
    Anyone remember when they made hairstyles available for both genders? I do.. somehow..
    ChocolaetKensamaofmari
  • ChocolaetChocolaet
    Sherri wrote: »
    There should be limits on how much we can price items.

I was definitely thinking this too, and those prices can be scaled/determined on the items drop rarity.. buuut that doesn't stop people hoarding and putting up items through dungeon parties.. which was why I'm at a loss for a solution. Maybe Nexon will figure something out. :shrug:

Sherri wrote: »
    Anyway, I totally agree with the male elf thing, it's why I won't rebirth to male on my main character, the ears are much larger and it makes it hard to impossible to have animal ears.
    Also, I'd love Eluned Hairstyles too!

The is totally the same reason why I don't play as elf male despite the Patissier M being my top fav hairstyle, cant be a cute fox boy with an obnoxious set of ears lol.
    Pray for Eluned hairstyles, I could play as Elf female and have Patissier M style that would totally kick butt.
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    even as a human their are lots of hairstyles I would like to use but avoid cause they show my ears. having a way to hide your ears when your wearing furry ears for any race would be nice. would also like to see a new separate slot for animal ears so we can use them with wigs.
    Chocolaet
  • ChocolaetChocolaet
    Negumiko wrote: »
    even as a human their are lots of hairstyles I would like to use but avoid cause they show my ears. having a way to hide your ears when your wearing furry ears for any race would be nice. would also like to see a new separate slot for animal ears so we can use them with wigs.

I did have a wig slot idea in mind, but an animal headband slot honestly is pretty cool too! I'd also love for them to release more ear headbands (especially ones with the ears from the Wiggling Fox Wigs because those ears are just PERFECT).
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Instead of changing the sex restrictions on clothing, wouldn't it be easier to change your character's sex for free by rebirthing?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Chocolaet wrote: »
    r3JkIe9.jpg

"If everyone is beautiful, than no is beautiful."
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    r3JkIe9.jpg

"If everyone is beautiful, then no one is beautiful."

Fixed
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    r3JkIe9.jpg

Fixed

Saying Than is Better then Then. :p
    r3JkIe9.jpg

Fixed

Saying Than is Better then Then. :p

Ok, your choice. :)
  • ChocolaetChocolaet
    r3JkIe9.jpg

Which is 100% not true. :)
    r3JkIe9.jpg

Which is 100% not true. :)

You know he's being silly.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited January 9, 2020
    While there are shenanigans in the market, there's ways of navigating the fashion scene at mabi.

1. Unless you're that attached to the animation, avoid "special" versions of outfits. This is where most of your 100+ mil outfits come from. The "normal" versions are almost always reasonably priced due to being available in greater numbers, and having the demand of the rare-obsessed whales shifted to the "special" versions. There are many ways to get an idle animation in Mabi. Wigs with some sort of ornament (to pair with an outfit) are often cheaper than the unadorned versions. Find ones that don't look totally hideous with other outfits. ;)

2. Buy beauty coupons (or most fashion outfits) during their respective gachas. They are cheaper then.

3. One man's trash is another man's treasure: Don't throw out your gacha trash. Save it. Some items will go up in price by the millions when they are in lesser supply. You could end up having a few hundred mil on pets after saving up a bunch of your gacha leftovers.

4. If the recent gacha has a highly-desired guaranteed side-item, the more people will open gachas, even if they don't want any of the prizes. (I don't like the winter fairy, but I do like renown seals.)

5. And if all else fails, wait a year. Nexon has a habit of spamming previous gacha jackpots later on once the next big thing comes out.
    Sherri