Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Paid Name Change

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 16, 2020 in Vault
Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the Paid Name Change service.

1. If you bought a paid name change and the website tells you that you DO NOT have 1 available, please submit a support ticket.

2. If you bought a paid name change, you should have received an item in-game. This is an issue because the in-game item is currently tradeable. Trading it with another user will not do anything as the item does not do anything. This is why we have disabled purchasing. We need to obtain a fix from our developers before we open up the service again.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are working hard to bring back the paid name change service as soon as possible.
demonkiller1996

Comments

• MomokoMomoko
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I have another question
    there was an event where you could actualy use 16 characters instead of only 12 but paid name change wasn't available that time
    Will paying users also get the oppurtunity to change to a 16 digit name?
    KensamaofmariSherridemonkiller1996
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I have already bought the name change, I played around with checking the names availability earlier but haven’t requested to change my name yet. Then the sale was brought down, so can I still request to change my name or will that cause issues?
    demonkiller1996
  • demonkiller1996demonkiller1996
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    I'd like to continue the disccussion with a question as well.

I haven't been able to buy the name change coupon, but I want to know something before buying.
    If a guild leader disbanded an expired guild, do they have to wait 24 hours before being eligible to name change?

I'd like to know so I can prepare accordingly ^^;
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    The name change wont actually take place until the next Maintenance as far as I understand...
    demonkiller1996
  • SinNightmareSinNightmare
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    If you had purchased the name change, and already used it, will it actually go through, or do we need to enter a support ticket?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    As long as you got the confirmation, it will go through.
    Ashersdemonkiller1996
    Just a concern, how long will it be until the item is back up on the shop?
    Sherri
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170

I'd like know as well due to a fact friend of mine is wanting a name change.
    demonkiller1996
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ashers wrote: »

Same, I've been waiting for it too and I'm sad I gotta wait even longer :(
    demonkiller1996
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ashers wrote: »

Same, I've been waiting for it too and I'm sad I gotta wait even longer :(

It's better not to think about waiting the additional time, it will get on your nerves and make the additional wait feel even longer.
    demonkiller1996
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    I was lucky and mine went though earlier today before they got pulled. This seems bit messy hopefully we get a fix so everyone can have a name change!!!
    demonkiller1996
    I might even change my display name on here too, to just match my IGN. ^^

But thank you Ken, it dose seem better to not ask for a time frame so we can simply forget and let time pass as it will.
    Because when you wait, the time passing by feels longer. ^^;
  • SunfallSkySunfallSky
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    So I know there were issues with it, but I just thought I'd ask in advance. If I have another character with the name I want on my main one, and I delete the secondary character will the name go back into like a name pool and be usable again? If so, about how long will that all take? I've been waiting for name changes for a while now so I'm pretty excited but also the technical aspects are making me a little hesitant.
    demonkiller1996Sherri
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited January 18, 2020
    I'd like to continue the disccussion with a question as well.

I haven't been able to buy the name change coupon, but I want to know something before buying.
    If a guild leader disbanded an expired guild, do they have to wait 24 hours before being eligible to name change?

I'd like to know so I can prepare accordingly ^^;

Don't disband, just pass leadership over to one of your alt characters! You can only pass leadership once a month, but having an alt lead it for a month is a lot better than having to worry about getting all your guildies to rejoin! :D

As long as you have service on your account any of your characters can lead guilds~
  • ShouKShouK
    SunfallSky wrote: »
    So I know there were issues with it, but I just thought I'd ask in advance. If I have another character with the name I want on my main one, and I delete the secondary character will the name go back into like a name pool and be usable again? If so, about how long will that all take? I've been waiting for name changes for a while now so I'm pretty excited but also the technical aspects are making me a little hesitant.
    Well if my name request went through (I hope so since I got the confirmation....), yes if you delete the character it will be usable again. However, after you click delete, the game gives you until 7am (at reset) in case you want to change your mind about deleting so you have to click delete again after 7am to permanently delete the character.

In my case, the name didn't become usable immediately, so after I deleted the character, I went to sleep and it became usable the next day. You probably have to wait a few hours.
  • SunfallSkySunfallSky
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    ShouK wrote: »
    Well if my name request went through (I hope so since I got the confirmation....), yes if you delete the character it will be usable again. However, after you click delete, the game gives you until 7am (at reset) in case you want to change your mind about deleting so you have to click delete again after 7am to permanently delete the character.

In my case, the name didn't become usable immediately, so after I deleted the character, I went to sleep and it became usable the next day. You probably have to wait a few hours.

I thought there'd be some kind of buffer in between, but I'm glad I know for certain now. This was really helpful, thank you!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 19, 2020
    ShouK wrote: »

So lemme get this straight.. if I wanna delete a character to give their name to another character, I need to delete them and wait until reset the next day.. but even then, I might have to wait longer afterwards? I'm pretty confused..

I know how MapleStory used (?) to do it; you delete a character, wait a day, confirm to delete it and then the name is ready right away..
    I have not played MapleStory in a while so I'm unsure if they changed this or not..

Is there no way to send a ticket once I buy the name change coupon and ask if they could delete a character and name my other one with its name....?
  • AkkedoAkkedo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    Does a current name go back into the name pool once you switch to a new one? Or is deleting a character the only way to send a name back into the name pool? I have a character that I don't want to delete, but I want the name that it has on a different character. I was wondering if I could switch that character with the desired name to something else, then another week pick the same name up on a different character. Example: My characters named Akkedo, if I switch Akkedo's name to [Insert Name Here], can I use the name Akkedo on a different character?
  • ShouKShouK
    Sherri wrote: »
    So lemme get this straight.. if I wanna delete a character to give their name to another character, I need to delete them and wait until reset the next day.. but even then, I might have to wait longer afterwards? I'm pretty confused..
    It won't be available immediately after you permanently delete the character. Probably because it takes time for the system to update the name pool or something. I have tried to use the name a few minutes after the character deletion, and it said the name isn't available. 7am PST in my time zone is 11 pm, so I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer and just went to sleep. The name is available after I woke up, which was after a few hours, so I don't know the exact time it took for the name to be available again after character deletion.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 22, 2020
    Apparently they don't want to give some people free name change and wants them to pay instead, even when their name has +server tag.

I'm calling it. They are going to remove free name change service soon and everyone will have to pay for it from now on. No exceptions.