Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FWD] G24 Part 1 Typos

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited June 16, 2020 in Forwarded Bugs
First is a typo in Marleid's dialogue after the moon stone falls in the castle courtyard.
6e75b3f4df.png
She says "We're lucky the king wasn't harmed."
It should say "We're lucky the queen wasn't harmed."

Second is just a small typo in Bryce's dialogue after reading Tani's 4th letter.
cdbb6646bf.png
He says "My Evie awakens from nightmares every night."
It should say "My Ibbie awakens from nightmares every night."

IGN: Teraschione
Server: Nao
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    There's also some spots where an NPC refers to themselves strangely.

For example:
    After the fight against Sera, when the aces are gathered in front of the cliffside, Eiren says:
    "I'm so proud of you!
    We had just called for Starlet, and were assessing Hunter's condition.
    He's not as bad as I initially thought.
    I think he just needs a few days of rest."

Then Treasure Hunter says, "See, I told you he was okay..."
    716521cd34.png
    Where this doesn't make sense, and should probably say "See, I told you I was okay..."

Later Eirawen refers to her self oddly as well.
    Where she says "Her Majesty must be careful when it comes to the Royal Court.
    There's no end of opportunists looking for the slightest slip."
    d612159e1c.png
    Where it doesn't make sense for Eirawen to refer to her own self as Her Majesty, this line is either supposed to be spoken by Marleid, or should read "I must be careful when it comes to the Royal Court"
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    My god, it's like this time someone who translated this had zero knowledge of Mabinogi.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    d612159e1c.png
    Where it doesn't make sense for Eirawen to refer to her own self as Her Majesty, this line is either supposed to be spoken by Marleid, or should read "I must be careful when it comes to the Royal Court"

I wonder if, for this part, it was supposed to be something along the lines of "A Queen must be careful [...]".
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited June 24, 2020
    I realize this topic is a bit old. However, having just played through G24, I can say that the mistakes listed here are still present. Sooo I decided to go ahead and add all the ones I found here so that it's all in one place. I'll also repeat the ones that Iyasenu pointed out since their screenshots seem to have died.

I also listed what quest they appeared in and tried to list what part of the quest they appear in. The quest name should be accurate for all of them, but I may be off on which part of the quest it was for a few of them. A few of them were also from optional dialogue between quests.

As Iyasenu mentions, in Shadow of Terror (optional dialogue after part 1 of the quest) (I think) Marleid refers to Eirawen as the king instead of the queen/her majesty.
    unknown.png

In The Dark Highland (Optional dialogue after part 5 of the quest?) Eiren says someconnection instead of some connection
    unknown.png

In Tender Resolve (Start of Part 6 of 6) Tani's letter says just in cas instead of just in case
    unknown.png

In the book received during the quest A Sleepless Voyage (After part 2 of 4) the text says into hell.What instead of into hell. What
    unknown.png

In A Faint Truth (Part 1 of 4) Chef says everyone!Please instead of everyone! Please
    unknown.png

In Wit and Grace (Optional dialogue after part 3 of 4) Piran says to tell her what you told her Majesty and Miss Marleid. Eirawen and Marleid are the only two others in this conversation and are both referenced in the sentence already. So there is no "her" to give this information to.
    unknown.png

This one is more a context complaint but... In Dissonance in the Void (Part 2 of 6) the quest says to Determine the direction of Bangor which to me is a bit of a non-sensical quest directive. I know what direction Bangor is in. Thus, I went to Bangor and completely missed what the quest actually wanted me to do, which was to examine a shiny spot on the ground. Personally, I think something like Examine in the direction of bangor actually makes sense with what is being asked.
    unknown.png

In A Heavy Promise (Part 3 of 5) the text says Berched creaks opens the door instead of Berched creaks open the door.
    unknown.png

Also in A Heavy Promise (Part 4 of 5) the text says you talk to much instead of you talk too much.
    unknown.png

In The Last Banquet (Part 2 of 2) Merlin says that blonde kid instead of that blond kid when talking about Piran. He says "blond" in a prior dialogue box too, so the mistake is even more noticeable with the switch.
    unknown.png

In Stalemate (Optional dialogue at the very start) Eiren says We were noticed that instead of We noticed that.
    unknown.png

As pointed out by Iyasenu, another mistake in Stalemate (Part 1 of 5), is that Hunter refers to himself in the third person.
    unknown.png

Also in Stalemate (Part 1 of 5) Eiren says let's rest for a bit in town while plan instead of let's rest for a bit in town while we plan.
    unknown.png

Still in Stalemate (Part 1 of 5) the text says in intese thought instead of in intense thought
    unknown.png

Still in Stalemate (Part 1 of 5) Merlin refers to Berched as the teacher twice which is really odd and unfamiliar for him. Unfortunately I can't remember what he normally says. It's either My teacher or just Teacher or maybe even Master (Actually, this one might be what he called Talvish...).
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

In addition to all these, there were some mistakes I didn't realize were mistakes until later. I searched my screenshots to try to find the exact moments but even after rereading major portions couldn't find them again.
    At least one point refers to Pinky as a chimpanzee but the story later makes it certain that she's actually a gorilla.

At some point during one of the Tani roleplays, Fodla and/or Deirbhile talk about leaving a book in the swamp to be found by the Aces. However, it's later confirmed they are just leaving a page from the book, which also better matches the image we see of when Hunter finds it. I know it's the book itself that is important and in some instances book is probably correct, but specifically for the swamp part, it should probably be page.

There's also a lot of oddities in general with pronouns. There's a lot of times where "they" is used for characters who are normally referred to with "he" or "she". I find this usually happens in optional dialogue. I assume this is because whoever is translating is doing it without context so they don't actually know who is being referred to. While not incorrect, it is odd, especially when the same character was just being referred to as he/she in a previous text box.

IGN: Levont
    Server: Nao
    Iyasenu
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Like the other topic, forwarding the typos. Cheers!