Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multiplayer Main Gen Quests

XkiXki
Mabinogi Rep: 615
Posts: 10
Member
edited January 24, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
I would love to have more Multiplayer Main Generation Quests.

I miss the old days where you could run RP dungeons with friends and make it more friend based. Ya know, like an MMO.

Plus it'll bring back more player interactions and most likely bring back a nostalgic feel for the veteran players.

Of course, if it's possible to do..
Kensamaofmari
  1. Would you like to have more MULTIPLAYER MAIN GEN quests?10 votes
    1. Yes!
       80% (8 votes)
    2. No.
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    edited January 24, 2020
    I'd like it to be an option.

    Well, "option" is the emphasis.
    Sometimes, you just don't want to recruit.

    But hey, G1 was changed so that you can do the RPs solo but still actually bring others if you wanted to as well.
    But geez, it sure would've made some fights easier in G24 if it wasn't solo-only.
    Looking at you, Sera boss fight.
    GretaXkiDraechPlatinaKokiKensamaofmari
  • XkiXki
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I'd like it to be an option.

    Well, "option" is the emphasis.
    Sometimes, you just don't want to recruit.

    But hey, G1 was changed so that you can do the RPs solo but still actually bring others if you wanted to as well.
    But geez, it sure would've made some fights easier in G24 if it wasn't solo-only.
    Looking at you, Sera boss fight.

    That is a very good point! I should have thought of that for the poll, haha. Yes it may be a little tough to recruit people so the option to opt out of recruiting is a great idea as well.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 201
    Member
    That's why they have the Tech Duinn missions and the Apostle Raids. As annoying as they are, they're for people to work together.

    I think they're going for the storylines being more about you being the hero, and not needing the help since most people tend to solo the story lines anyway (or try to). But when it comes to the other missions you can do, they make sure there's plenty of stuff you can do. You just have to go out and do stuff in the game. There's still dungeons and Shadow missions, but now people also do raids, Tech Duinn missions and the occasional Apostle raid.
    Xki
  • XkiXki
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Squee wrote: »
    That's why they have the Tech Duinn missions and the Apostle Raids. As annoying as they are, they're for people to work together.

    I think they're going for the storylines being more about you being the hero, and not needing the help since most people tend to solo the story lines anyway (or try to). But when it comes to the other missions you can do, they make sure there's plenty of stuff you can do. You just have to go out and do stuff in the game. There's still dungeons and Shadow missions, but now people also do raids, Tech Duinn missions and the occasional Apostle raid.

    Also true! But I know of a few (including myself) Who can't seem to get passed certain parts of the main quests and/or are berried in them because they came back or something. I agree they have Raids and Tech Duinn missions but for those of us who can't do them due to lacking main story, unless it that was changed, it would be nice to add some more main quests I believe. Although you have a good point, i'd still say.

    Also, Iyasenu up there mentioned the option of opting out which i think would be fantastic for those who would rather solo!

    Thank you for your opinion!~

  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited January 26, 2020
    Xki wrote: »

    Also true! But I know of a few (including myself) Who can't seem to get passed certain parts of the main quests and/or are berried in them because they came back or something. I agree they have Raids and Tech Duinn missions but for those of us who can't do them due to lacking main story, unless it that was changed, it would be nice to add some more main quests I believe. Although you have a good point, i'd still say.

    Also, Iyasenu up there mentioned the option of opting out which i think would be fantastic for those who would rather solo!

    Thank you for your opinion!~

    I agree completely. Mabi has always been about having options. Mabi usually has had solo and party options for mostly everything in the game. G1 and G3 didn't require a party of 3, but you could bring up to three people if you couldn't solo. The Shadow missions and dungeons are great examples. They have party missions, but also solo-able missions. Mabi has always been about us having multiple ways to do things. But it seems like ever since G19 the game is relying on forcing people to do things they don't want to do, or limiting players far more than it ever has before.

    And yeah, I definitely think that a lot of these missions in the current generations are not designed properly to be solo'd. I feel like a lot of these were designed to be done in parties (like the G22 Balor fight, as it's basically the same fight as one of the Tech Duinn mission bosses), but they just said "well, it's story, so it has to be solo'd". Their design for these story line missions really needs some improvement.

    I think the best way to do this would be to have a Royal Alchemist-style system for the new generations. Maybe some expeditionary force members you can apply to be, and be allowed to help people with story missions. That was something I liked about the alchemist chapter generations, was that at very few points was it required to have extra people, but the option to get help from a royal alchemist was there for those that find it too difficult or need the help. Having something like that I think would alleviate a lot of the tension people have toward the difficulty of G22-G24. Being able to have the extra help if you need it would be a miracle and I think it would remove a lot of complaints of people having to call for nerfs on the generations because it means that they'll be able to get help, and maybe the people helping could get rewards like rare items to keep them motivated to help people in need of that help.
    Xki
  • XkiXki
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Squee wrote: »
    Xki wrote: »

    Also true! But I know of a few (including myself) Who can't seem to get passed certain parts of the main quests and/or are berried in them because they came back or something. I agree they have Raids and Tech Duinn missions but for those of us who can't do them due to lacking main story, unless it that was changed, it would be nice to add some more main quests I believe. Although you have a good point, i'd still say.

    Also, Iyasenu up there mentioned the option of opting out which i think would be fantastic for those who would rather solo!

    Thank you for your opinion!~

    I agree completely. Mabi has always been about having options. Mabi usually has had solo and party options for mostly everything in the game. G1 and G3 didn't require a party of 3, but you could bring up to three people if you couldn't solo. The Shadow missions and dungeons are great examples. They have party missions, but also solo-able missions. Mabi has always been about us having multiple ways to do things. But it seems like ever since G19 the game is relying on forcing people to do things they don't want to do, or limiting players far more than it ever has before.

    And yeah, I definitely think that a lot of these missions in the current generations are not designed properly to be solo'd. I feel like a lot of these were designed to be done in parties (like the G22 Balor fight, as it's basically the same fight as one of the Tech Duinn mission bosses), but they just said "well, it's story, so it has to be solo'd". Their design for these story line missions really needs some improvement.

    I think the best way to do this would be to have a Royal Alchemist-style system for the new generations. Maybe some expeditionary force members you can apply to be, and be allowed to help people with story missions. That was something I liked about the alchemist chapter generations, was that at very few points was it required to have extra people, but the option to get help from a royal alchemist was there for those that find it too difficult or need the help. Having something like that I think would alleviate a lot of the tension people have toward the difficulty of G22-G24. Being able to have the extra help if you need it would be a miracle and I think it would remove a lot of complaints of people having to call for nerfs on the generations because it means that they'll be able to get help, and maybe the people helping could get rewards like rare items to keep them motivated to help people in need of that help.


    Well said. Hopefully this gets enough traction and someone in Nexon HQ will see this. Hah! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants this..
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Posts: 7,909
    Member
    Let's end afk and grind culture and bring back work together culture.
    Xki
  • XkiXki
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 10
    Member
    Let's end afk and grind culture and bring back work together culture.

    YAS
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Posts: 1,230
    Member
    Leave everything alone in the Generation mainstream quests that are solo and just allow up to 2 players to join the fight and be disregarded from the storyline so that it will mean less work for you Devcat.

    That way the story resides around the party leader while the partymates are just "there" for the ride not shown in the story, that way players can have the MMO gameplay if they so choose.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 201
    Member
    Alshian wrote: »
    Leave everything alone in the Generation mainstream quests that are solo and just allow up to 2 players to join the fight and be disregarded from the storyline so that it will mean less work for you Devcat.

    That way the story resides around the party leader while the partymates are just "there" for the ride not shown in the story, that way players can have the MMO gameplay if they so choose.

    Wow. Sour much?

    Anyway... I'm sure they could find a way to make it worth people's while regardless. For example, they could reward players who help on these quests with rare items for their time in order to motivate players to want to help others.
    Xki
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Posts: 1,230
    Member
    Squee wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »
    Leave everything alone in the Generation mainstream quests that are solo and just allow up to 2 players to join the fight and be disregarded from the storyline so that it will mean less work for you Devcat.

    That way the story resides around the party leader while the partymates are just "there" for the ride not shown in the story, that way players can have the MMO gameplay if they so choose.

    Wow. Sour much?

    Anyway... I'm sure they could find a way to make it worth people's while regardless. For example, they could reward players who help on these quests with rare items for their time in order to motivate players to want to help others.

    I mean, sure I guess....but Id still help because those bosses (As flipping annoying as they are) are pretty fun to fight again.
    Xki