Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old days

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well least he gave up...For now.
  • RaimondoRaimondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited February 5, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    You are going too far Zarozian. That's just too rude.
    I found it funny. I too, found charging into Vales with PvP activated with 20 different people hilariously fun. Those Guards messed us up good, but it was really fun anyways.
    I also remember trying to kill the Prarie and Desert Dragons for the Dragon Blade.
    >:E -please do not dodge the language filter- things crit 10k on us all the dang time.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited February 5, 2017
    the good ol days when Gachapon didnt have such high priority, life skills actually mattered outside of stats and were helpful in making gold, when enemies of that content posed an actual threat without needing advanced heavy standard and bazillions of health, events weren't about afking, and when even non-fashionogi material got some attention too, and when the things other players sold weren't always from the NX shop
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited February 5, 2017
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    DCdeus wrote: »
    make new friends...

I did , but for one day :v
    The next dayb, they may be afk or not logging in :'(

Always annoying that is why I don't even bother trying anymore. Made a few week or so later never logged in again so eventually just gave up caring.

Sorta can't blame them for giving up as this game has no real rewards for playing as 99% of the worthwhile stuff comes from gacha's.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »
    the good ol days when Gachapon didnt have such high priority, life skills actually mattered outside of stats and were helpful in making gold, when enemies of that content posed an actual threat without needing advanced heavy standard and bazillions of health, events weren't about afking, and when even non-fashionogi material got some attention too, and when the things other players sold weren't always from the NX shop

Hmm not true life skill is still very rewarding. I can easily get 1m from selling mats like thin or thick thread. Also all the new weapon and instrument made by life skill still fetch for a really good price.

Not to mention all the fancy set like belmont, patron, cressida, hebona, bohemian and adonis set is still highly sought after.

Hmm event is like 2 week ish with afk and non afk event always overlaping with each other. the pace for event is a bit crazy this days. But its not a bad thing.

hmm combat is really fast right now. It might not be the same as old mabi but i dont hate it.
    so far i feel combat is very satisfying and have more "action" compared to other mmo.

With the dungeon update its true that max party member have been halfed and mob hp and attack have been boosted.

Well i have been doing dungeon drop service for a while now and so far i have seen really skilled people running it and the dungeon run experience feels really good so far.

I think what they meant was that most of the items on sale in the shop were what players found and produced. Most of the shop contents are mostly NX based.
    The market depends on the niche and if you have ppl to sell/buy from.

Most of the newer developing players join guilds to be handed mid/high grade equipment's/materials therefore bypassing the market itself especially those with guild based blacksmiths/tailors/etc/etc that make only for the guild.

The beginner characters that are trained focus on skill training then reset for raw power therefore require less combo skills and more about obtaining stronger equips to try and 1 hit KO if not high damage formors and such. You have higher class players who don't know how to combo and just kill. If they cant kill things fast you see them at times take insane amount of hits before clearing things out. The fast pace of skills and combos require less technique and more button mashing to the point we have so many skills there's not enough hotkeys....the damage has become insane as more and more players can run around combating without equips and kill things with barely anything anymore.

The challenge in the past is vastly different than present as nature itself, around and in between towns, were an actual venture where people would gather and help each other from place to place.

I mean granted people help each other out, but not everyone has the same experience. Hence why a lot of beginners come into the game...and get overwhelmed and aren't helped and leave. I've seen players not being helped at all and turned away due to not being in a guild for whatever reason. A lot of players who afk also can't be bothered with helping someone as they would rather just afk again or are busy irl to the point they afk all day and that's pretty much the only person someone sees at times...so they just stop playing due to lack of assistance.

I've seen the abuse with the new Altruism that when new players who don't know how to accurately use the system need help......that notification pops up multiple times without anyone taking on the quest. It's probably due to them not obtaining a point for their ....special effect? I've helped over 20 people since this system without 1 single point. I'm not very confident in this altruism system, but I'm glad players can send notice of when they need help more so than before.

Everyone has a different experience...some are more enjoyable and some are to the far left of the field where its outcasted.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    edited February 6, 2017
    Yes.