Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Increase Crafting Queue

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited February 15, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
This thread has been made so many times and has been thrown into the abyss of Feedback & Suggestions every time too.. but this seriously shouldn't even be a suggestion anymore.
Times like these make me question why necro is against the rules, all these threads about the same thing are just gonna clog up the forums anyway..
Why is the queue for crafting items only 20 still?
Handicraft, Magic Craft, Hillwen Engineering, Weaving.. you name it. It's been 20 max forever now and I cannot find a reason why it still remains to be 20. There shouldn't even be a queue to begin with! It should be 'You put X material in, you make X items with the given materials'. You should be able to remain crafting until no resources are leftover. It's more than just 'I wanna afk for 20 hours and make thousands of Shyllien Crystals' but it's also a quality of life change. I don't wanna keep starting over my crafting every 20 times I make an item, it's annoying as heck.
Please, we're begging for this system to be updated!

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao
IyasenuNegumikoDragoolfireSoll

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I know what you mean, but "Remove it" is not what you mean. Make the queue limited only by supply fed to it, or something like that. There's probably some mouse macro thingie out there that can do the job until they listen to these requests.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Helsa wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but "Remove it" is not what you mean. Make the queue limited only by supply fed to it, or something like that. There's probably some mouse macro thingie out there that can do the job until they listen to these requests.

It should be hard to program in.. right? ;_; I just wanna craft all day without any 20 item limit interruptions
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 15, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »

It should be hard to program in.. right? ;_; I just wanna craft all day without any 20 item limit interruptions

Not really these things come with recorders. You push record, do the action, press stop. You can then edit the macro (text file) by hand. You could probably dig up a free one on source forge. That's a legitimate public free software site (it's not hacker stuff).
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    There's a lot of items that don't even get a queue at all (I'm looking at you, Synthesis skill). They need to redo the entire crafting system honestly. But then again... Half of this game needs a redesign. This is another aspect that I agree needs an update though.

But the real question is how to do it in a way that pleases people. Some people complain when the game feels like it's on auto-pilot and you don't interact with the game enough. But then there are people who would say the same as you. Overall, we need a solution that doesn't put the game on auto-pilot, but still allows you to do what you want to do.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Squee wrote: »
    There's a lot of items that don't even get a queue at all (I'm looking at you, Synthesis skill). They need to redo the entire crafting system honestly. But then again... Half of this game needs a redesign. This is another aspect that I agree needs an update though.

But the real question is how to do it in a way that pleases people. Some people complain when the game feels like it's on auto-pilot and you don't interact with the game enough. But then there are people who would say the same as you. Overall, we need a solution that doesn't put the game on auto-pilot, but still allows you to do what you want to do.

Make it like fishing, you can choose to play or auto-play.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mechanized production and assembly lines don't exist in Erinn yet.
  • HelsaHelsa

<smh> Hence the thread, Kenneth; hence the thread.

My point is, the more convenient production gets, the less logic (of already existing poor logic) there will be.
  • HelsaHelsa

My point is, the more convenient production gets, the less logic (of already existing poor logic) there will be.

Oh, I thought you were just quipping for post count. Logic schlogic, we want more convenience.

Oh, I thought you were just quipping for post count. Logic schlogic, we want more convenience.

Then they better upgrade the technology to go with it, as they did with Hillwen.
  • SherriSherri
    edited February 18, 2020

Then they better upgrade the technology to go with it, as they did with Hillwen.

Why do I even need a handicraft kit for paper cranes anyway?! It's just like a paper airplane.. right? never made one irl so assuming, rip me

Why do I even need a handicraft kit for paper cranes anyway?! It's just like a paper airplane.. right? never made one irl so assuming, rip me

The handicraft kit will provide you with the hands needed to make the crane.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Probably the same reason you need a Dry Oven to "fragment" (TWO) Paper Cranes back into Paper, rather than just unfolding the darn thing.
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

In all seriousness, it's likely that the paper you get is not square. The handicraft kit may contain (I assume) scissors and a ruler, which will help you make a square sheet, the base for almost every origami project.
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • sunstreaksunstreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    *The alchemy aspect of production does seem to be missing a simple quality-of-life aspect which other skills have: autoload. If one drags Wool to the production queue, "Thick Thread" autoloads as the result. If one drags a Copper Ore Fragment (Part-Time Job) [given by Lery in Emain] to the production window nothing happens. A player still has to select: "Tin Conversion" to advance to the next step; which is nonsense because Copper Ore Fragment (Part-Time Job) has no other application but Tin Conversion. ;)

As far as more than 20 items... that ALOT of stuff to queue, are you crafting for an army? lol. If one un-clicks the checkbox in the lower left corner of the production window, crafting becomes instantaneous. That makes it imminently spammable. -The problem there becomes: skipping the production "queue-ing" process removes the server messages from failures, etc. And I'm pretty certain you get less exp that way too.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    sunstreak wrote: »
    *The alchemy aspect of production does seem to be missing a simple quality-of-life aspect which other skills have: autoload. If one drags Wool to the production queue, "Thick Thread" autoloads as the result. If one drags a Copper Ore Fragment (Part-Time Job) [given by Lery in Emain] to the production window nothing happens. A player still has to select: "Tin Conversion" to advance to the next step; which is nonsense because Copper Ore Fragment (Part-Time Job) has no other application but Tin Conversion. ;)

As far as more than 20 items... that ALOT of stuff to queue, are you crafting for an army? lol. If one un-clicks the checkbox in the lower left corner of the production window, crafting becomes instantaneous. That makes it imminently spammable. -The problem there becomes: skipping the production "queue-ing" process removes the server messages from failures, etc. And I'm pretty certain you get less exp that way too.

If you unclick that thing, it does not always make what ever your stack is. Some times it will use everything to give 1 item and sometimes it just does 1:1. Depends on what skill.