Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Increasing Hunger

NovancyNovancy
Mabinogi Rep: 780
in Help
I'm trying to increase my character's hunger but the food % won't go bellow 99%. My stamina has been 0 and I'm using meditation and counter. Did Nexon change the Stamina/hunger system or something? Not sure what to do besides try and find fountains in dungeons and get lucky. :/

Comments

• NovancyNovancy
    And of course Bachram Boost ruins any measly progress TT
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Unfortunately, if you have a lot of stamina, it's seemingly impossible to get hungry.

Are trying to get hungry to eat food or is it for the title?
  • NovancyNovancy
    The title :C
    My stamina is probably too high to get it without the dungeon fountains then. Even then I might not make it to Simon before it starts to regenerate I guess
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I have the same problem as well. Those current level sensitive skills, you know whatever of Ewaca and so on, might be playing a role. What is your current as opposed to total level? What the % hunger means, quantitatvely seems to vary depending on what you maximum stamina is, so that the more maximum stamina you have the more food you can eat before the hunger percentage changes. Keep in mind also that diet potions themselves also abate some hunger.
  • NovancyNovancy
    ~8700 total, 81 current. But it was either in the 40s or 60s when I was trying earlier.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've heard that Meditation makes you hungry faster but even then it's a slow process..
    I wish there was an easier way but all I can think of is temporarily resetting your skills for less stam so you get hungry quicker
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you don't want to run dungeons over and over to try and find dungeon fountains and hope that touching it gives you the 0 stam 50% hunger debuff, then the best way to become hungry is just to wait while using Meditation.

Hunger increases at a rate of converting 1 stamina to 1 hunger every 100 real seconds.
    Meditation triples this to 3 per 100 seconds, which is still going to take quite a long while with stamina in the hundreds and thousands.

Things to avoid:
    Leveling Up
    Transforming
    Eating (I know, right?)
    Using Full Recovery Potions or Comprehensive Recovery Potions
    Fighting at all or being in a party with others who could be fighting (due to Bachram)
    And, Changing Channels. Possibly due to talent bonuses, changing channels will cause your character to recover HP/Wounds/MP/SP/Hunger.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Hunger increases at a rate of converting 1 stamina to 1 hunger every 100 real seconds.

That has not been my experience, of late, nor, I suspect, that of the OP. What I have observed is that what 1% hunger means seems to change with what your maximum possible stamina is. On my alts, that are all under total level 100, eatting a berry abates something like 3% hunger, but on my main it takes several berries to abate even 1% hunger. My total level is just a smidge under 10k, and I have been at current level 200 since December of 2017. From memory my stamina is like 1500-ish, I think? This is why I think Max Stam and the whatever-of-Ewaca skills might be involved.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

That has not been my experience, of late, nor, I suspect, that of the OP. What I have observed is that what 1% hunger means seems to change with what your maximum possible stamina is. On my alts, that are all under total level 100, eatting a berry abates something like 3% hunger, but on my main it takes several berries to abate even 1% hunger. My total level is just a smidge under 10k, and I have been at current level 200 since December of 2017. From memory my stamina is like 1500-ish, I think? This is why I think Max Stam and the whatever-of-Ewaca skills might be involved.

Hey, I didn't say 1%, I said 1!
    And even afterwards I said "which is still going to take quite a long while with stamina in the hundreds and thousands." so I know that the % will change slowly if your max stamina is higher because hunger increases at a flat rate, not a percent rate, it's just that that's how hunger is displayed in the character window. It'll say you're at XX% hunger, but it still counts your hunger buildup in points.

Like if you have 1000/1000 stamina and after 100 seconds you'd be at 1000/1000 stamina with 1 hunger.
    At 1000 stamina it'd take 1000 seconds to go down to 99% hunger (in this case 1% is 10 hunger), but that'd still be at a rate of 1 hunger per 100 seconds.
    So yes, it'd take longer to go from 100% to 50% hunger if you have higher maximum stamina, but that's because hunger is always increasing at a flat rate of 1 point stamina turned into 1 point of hunger every 100 seconds.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Example:
    If you have 3000 Stamina,
    to get to 50% hunger you would need to get hungry for 2500 Minutes or in other words 41 Hours (without using Meditation or any other possible hunger-increaser).
    That would be afking while logged in for 41 hours on the same channel and still avoiding any Leveling Up, Transforming, Eating, Rebirthing, Potions, or Bachram Boosts from Fighting and Fighting in Parties.

In contrast if you had 100 Stamina the same would only take about 1 Hour.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Example:
    to get to 50% hunger you would need to get hungry for 2500 Minutes or in other words 41 Hours (without using Meditation or any other possible hunger-increaser).
    That would be afking while logged in for 41 hours on the same channel and still avoiding any Leveling Up, Transforming, Eating, Rebirthing, Potions, or Bachram Boosts from Fighting and Fighting in Parties.

Yup. They really need to rewrite the hunger system so it affects people mid-late game.
    My secondary main doesn't have 1k yet and is struggling to become hungry.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Example:

The hunger gauge, in units of %, is only a relative indication and not an absolute one, in other words, it's useless.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't exactly remember how much stamina i had but i remember afking with Meditation and 0 stamina for at least 10 hours until i finally found myself having 43% hunger.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't exactly remember how much stamina i had but i remember afking with Meditation and 0 stamina for at least 10 hours until i finally found myself having 43% hunger.

You have to see how the hunger % changes if you eat say one berry. Characters at different levels of development will abate different percentages.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hunger is broken in this game.
  • HelsaHelsa

It's not broken but the way it reports it was implemented poorly.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

It was broken when they did not apply more penalties to hunger.
  • HelsaHelsa

It was broken when they did not apply more penalties to hunger.

Ever played games that strongly penalize hunger? They suck.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    From experience it is best to just AFK, while not using the Resting skill nor using a chair-item like a piano. Do not complete quests or cause your character to level up or your efforts will be in vain.
    Gathering items like herbs or striking a tree for berries and such can cause your hunger to increase as well. I tend to gather Courcle Berries to lose weight in which the act of collecting enough have significantly caused my hunger to increase eventually; it takes a long time.
  • HelsaHelsa
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    From experience it is best to just AFK, while not using the Resting skill nor using a chair-item like a piano. Do not complete quests or cause your character to level up or your efforts will be in vain.
    Gathering items like herbs or striking a tree for berries and such can cause your hunger to increase as well. I tend to gather Courcle Berries to lose weight in which the act of collecting enough have significantly caused my hunger to increase eventually; it takes a long time.

Yep, I used to make the circuit on that triangular Courcle coffee berry hill all the time. When a giantess wants to be a stick, she has to go the extra mile; it is the curse we giantesses must bear.