Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Connections are messed up big time.

AzzacielAzzaciel
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Technical Support
Things that may happen:

1. The website and forums take ages to load or outright fail to do so.
2. Nexon launcher fails to load content.
3. After pressing the "Start Game" button, Mabinogi loads forever.
4. Mabinogi gives me SSO server authorization Error. Or a "Server cannot be reached" message.
5. After 2nd PW, Mabinogi loads forever, until i get sent back to 1st login screen.
6. After character Selection, the game gives me the Black loading screen with pictures, as it should, but when fully loaded:
- nothing happens and it stays on that screen forever.
- I get sent back to the 1st login screen.
- game crashes.
7.While in game, i can have:
- no problems at all.
- severe lag.
- disconnections, which invariably start this whole thing again.

This all started a few days ago.
This only happens with the Mabinogi website, nexon login website, Nexon launcher and Mabinogi.
Other Games and websites are unaffected.
I'm trying to play from Germany.
No, i didn't change any setting in that time either.

So yeah, idk what to do other than post here and assume the Nexon Servers have an iffy connection over the Atlantic or something.
Would like to know if other people have similar problems, but given point 1 i can understand if other people in the same boat as me can't respond or even see this.

Comments

• TessikaTessika
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    I've the same problem and it's the 4th day now. I'm also from Germany and all other connections work perfect. At around 10 or 11 pm it gets playable but the next day it's impossible again.
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    edited April 1, 2020
    I noticed that in the morning and evening it works sometimes, but afternoon it's just not possible.
    Incidentally, that's also the time in Germany when the daily reset happens in NA at 7:00am.

Atm i just got my 2nd 12th anni festival box, i´m hoping i can get the other 3 too before the game inevitably denies me access again.
    Had to try 1h+ to get in, got booted after 20 mins and after going in again i´m now on a ~1h streak.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I assume due to quarantine your internet provider probably can't handle the grown traffic meaning you get all this hideous lag, because everything is fine to me.
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Look at it again.
    Everything is fine for me too, EXCEPT Nexon services.
    I can watch YT videos on 1080p while simultaneously downloading things at 3MB/s, but somehow the nexon launcher can't load ?
    This sure as hell isn't on my end.
  • TessikaTessika
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    edited April 2, 2020
    Right... even when I trace my connection to nexon.net (cmd> tracert nexon.net) it shows me that the first server timing out is already in the USA... (whois IP). At least I can tell that the servers before that one work fine.
    Azzaciel
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Really weird. I see no changes. Sometimes i get horrible latency in game, but websites are mostly fine for me.