Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Order of things

MeratomaMeratoma
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Nao Chat
Hello, I am a bit confused about the order of things, there are so many quests going on.

Is it right to try and finish memoir first?
Is it possible to finish Iria saga 1 with cumulative 1k or so? The very first shadow mission of episode 0 (the black panther) killed me three times already :') but I really want the Pegasus and some money to buy npc gear to fulfill memoir requirements.

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hi, @Meratoma! Welcome to Mabinogi: The Fantasy Life!

Haha. That's because this game doesn't really have a direction in terms of questing. Quests will pile up since some of it refers to content to get familiar with, skill quests, daily quests, Generation quests, and more, plus there's the Memoirs. It's all stuff that was added in over the years.

I'd say finish the Memoir quests first. You'll gain a lot of levels/AP/Rebirths from doing them. With that, you can focusing on training skills and building up your character.

Also you can complete Iria I and Iria II under total level 1000, but... well, if you continue to do the Memoir quests you won't stay under level 1000 for very long. (; That and it might be better to start from the first three Generations to familiarize yourself with the early content the game introduces to you (Iria I comes a little later). There's a quest where Aeira gives you a set of armor in Gen 1, for example.

For gold, there are a number of things you can do. At the top of my head I can think of simple gathering part-time jobs issued by the NPCs at the churches in town. Holy Water (which is the reward for working) seems to sell anywhere from 5,000-7,000 gold per bottle, so a stack (of 10) will come to 50,000~70,000 gold. Pick up any items that monsters drop, because you can sell them either to NPCs or in the auction house. It will seem like a little, but it does add up over time.

If you have anymore questions or need help with anything (like skill quests, Gens, etc.) you can contact me in game under Neisys! I wish you the best of luck in your fantasy life!
    Meratoma
  • MeratomaMeratoma
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Hi, @Meratoma! Welcome to Mabinogi: The Fantasy Life!

Haha. That's because this game doesn't really have a direction in terms of questing. Quests will pile up since some of it refers to content to get familiar with, skill quests, daily quests, Generation quests, and more, plus there's the Memoirs. It's all stuff that was added in over the years.

I'd say finish the Memoir quests first. You'll gain a lot of levels/AP/Rebirths from doing them. With that, you can focusing on training skills and building up your character.

Also you can complete Iria I and Iria II under total level 1000, but... well, if you continue to do the Memoir quests you won't stay under level 1000 for very long. (; That and it might be better to start from the first three Generations to familiarize yourself with the early content the game introduces to you (Iria I comes a little later). There's a quest where Aeira gives you a set of armor in Gen 1, for example.

For gold, there are a number of things you can do. At the top of my head I can think of simple gathering part-time jobs issued by the NPCs at the churches in town. Holy Water (which is the reward for working) seems to sell anywhere from 5,000-7,000 gold per bottle, so a stack (of 10) will come to 50,000~70,000 gold. Pick up any items that monsters drop, because you can sell them either to NPCs or in the auction house. It will seem like a little, but it does add up over time.

If you have anymore questions or need help with anything (like skill quests, Gens, etc.) you can contact me in game under Neisys! I wish you the best of luck in your fantasy life!

Thank you!!! I actually messed up on memoirs a little..I put one of the enchants on my armor instead of weapon from Stewart (the fairy would u know if there is a way to fix this :')
    The amplifying gear effect quest
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Meratoma wrote: »
    Thank you!!! I actually messed up on memoirs a little..I put one of the enchants on my armor instead of weapon from Stewart (the fairy would u know if there is a way to fix this :')

No problem! You can obtain the Fairy enchant again. At the end of Beginner/Intermediate mode Shadow Missions, a Beginner Enchant Scroll Bundle will drop from the reward chest. If you open the bundle, you'll receive one of the beginner enchants. It may not always be Fairy, so you might end up having to run a mission a few times before you get it.
    Shadow Cast City, which is a mission that can be obtained near the Stonehenge in Tara, is relatively fast and easy to complete on Basic/Intermediate mode. I would definitely recommend doing that one.
  • MeratomaMeratoma
    Fluorette wrote: »

No problem! You can obtain the Fairy enchant again. At the end of Beginner/Intermediate mode Shadow Missions, a Beginner Enchant Scroll Bundle will drop from the reward chest. If you open the bundle, you'll receive one of the beginner enchants. It may not always be Fairy, so you might end up having to run a mission a few times before you get it.
    Shadow Cast City, which is a mission that can be obtained near the Stonehenge in Tara, is relatively fast and easy to complete on Basic/Intermediate mode. I would definitely recommend doing that one.

I think the enchant bundle only drops if you are below 1000 x.x I just passed it. I ran some shadow missions but no drop so far
  • FluoretteFluorette
    I think the enchant bundle only drops if you are below 1000 x.x I just passed it. I ran some shadow missions but no drop so far

That can't be. I'm very well over level 1000 and I still get them from the reward chests if I complete a mission on Basic/Intermediate. Are you sure you've set the missions to either of those difficulty levels?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    As long as you run beginner shadow missions, you will get beginner enchant bundles.