Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Separate Buy Stack & Quitting Events

КалашниковКалашников
Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello, here is just two little things I think about;

1. Separate buy stack
Buying from shop and auction house, a way to only buy singular piece. How, for example, buying 2 Leathers only, instead of having to buy whole 10 stack. Maybe I'm blind and can't find availability?

2. Quitting events, also reviving older content
I saw this mentioned in old thread, but it would be nice to talk to event NPC to quit event if you no longer want the quests from it. To disallow alts, maybe have only the character you selected as main be able to quit / rejoin. Also, focusing on older content, events, items instead of overwhelm with new things (but that is just me).
3. Okay, this one is not a big deal but extra. More forum avatar like Dorren or Tarlach Bear

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Hello, here is just two little things I think about;
    1. Separate buy stack
    Buying from shop and auction house, a way to only buy singular piece. How, for example, buying 2 Leathers only, instead of having to buy whole 10 stack. Maybe I'm blind and can't find availability?

No you can't do that because that circumvents the sellers right to sell as a group.
    2. Quitting events, also reviving older content
    I saw this mentioned in old thread, but it would be nice to talk to event NPC to quit event if you no longer want the quests from it. To disallow alts, maybe have only the character you selected as main be able to quit / rejoin. Also, focusing on older content, events, items instead of overwhelm with new things (but that is just me).

Yeah, I'd rather not be annoyed by an event that I'm actively trying to ignore.
    3. Okay, this one is not a big deal but extra. More forum avatar like Dorren or Tarlach Bear

We used to have the ability to use avatars utilizing resources from outside Nexons firewall . . . cough cough . . . but then someone got "creative" and that was that. They could have outside avatars go through an approval process and limit avatar changes to like once a month, or something like that, to reduce the load on the staff. Like Syndrome said: "Once were all super, then no one will be."
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Helsa wrote: »
    No you can't do that because that circumvents the sellers right to sell as a group.

I guess I'm too used to other games allowing it. What about an option to sell as stack or singular?

I don't really understand the problem if you sell something in parts. Eventually it would all be bought anyway.
    We used to have the ability to use avatars utilizing resources from outside Nexons firewall . . . cough cough . . . but then someone got "creative" and that was that. They could have outside avatars go through an approval process and limit avatar changes to like once a month, or something like that, to reduce the load on the staff. Like Syndrome said: "Once were all super, then no one will be."

I don't know maybe too much hassle for them. But I don't think more NPCs would hurt. The current most are either edgy or underage (but like i said, not really a priority)

• HelsaHelsa
    edited May 10, 2020

I guess I'm too used to other games allowing it. What about an option to sell as stack or singular?

That already exists for players that are selling. Some NPC sell 1's AND 10's. You do know that you can hold down ctrl to multi-buy, right?

I don't really understand the problem if you sell something in parts. Eventually it would all be bought anyway.

People may eventually, buy out all the stock, but for the seller it might be unloaded faster as a unit. A good chunk of player-based sales are clearance sales after all, rather than profit maximization sales. This is why you can find deals from time to time.

I don't know maybe too much hassle for them. But I don't think more NPCs would hurt. The current most are either edgy or underage (but like i said, not really a priority)

That wouldn't hurt.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    That already exists for players that are selling. Some NPC sell 1's AND 10's. You do know that you can hold down ctrl to multi-buy, right?

Mm...I mean for Auction House, and personal shops.

I guess if it violates anything then uhh. At least I can be thankful to people who sell things like red upg stone as single.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 10, 2020
    I'm really annoyed that i can't buy the amount i need from stacks in Auction House. I'm forced to buy singular ones which often can cost more than stacks or i'm forced to buy stack when i need one, because there's just no other way.

NEXON. CHANGE IT.
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited May 10, 2020
    It's called a bulk discount, and people sell things that way deliberately. If you buy 1 Mage Gem, it'll cost ya 400k, or if ya buy 12, you get them 300k each. It provides incentive for buyers to buy more of something.

In some cases, like leathers, the seller probably feels that it's a waste of their very very limited auction house slots if they're only going to get 10k from the sale. I know if I'm using up a slot on something, I wanna get at LEAST 100k from it.

Sometimes, as a seller, you'd also want to bundle everything together to force a sale for something that would be slow to sell otherwise. If there are no Valiance Metal Shards on the auction house, for example, you can place a stack of them set at double the normal price, and then anyone who wants even just one, will have to buy 100 from you (until other people add some to auction house). Some people are impatient enough for this to work.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Timefall wrote: »
    It's called a bulk discount, and people sell things that way deliberately. If you buy 1 Mage Gem, it'll cost ya 400k, or if ya buy 12, you get them 300k each. It provides incentive for buyers to buy more of something.

In some cases, like leathers, the seller probably feels that it's a waste of their very very limited auction house slots if they're only going to get 10k from the sale. I know if I'm using up a slot on something, I wanna get at LEAST 100k from it.

Sometimes, as a seller, you'd also want to bundle everything together to force a sale for something that would be slow to sell otherwise. If there are no Valiance Metal Shards on the auction house, for example, you can place a stack of them set at double the normal price, and then anyone who wants even just one, will have to buy 100 from you (until other people add some to auction house). Some people are impatient enough for this to work.

Yep, if buyers had any patience they wouldn't feel so powerless. The fact is, if you squeeze them, sellers can sometimes blink first. Remember you don't need all the sellers to blink, just enough of them and sometimes one is enough.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Sometimes you don't want 12 of thing. Like Greta said, being forced to buy stack because of better deal can sometimes be inconvenient.

It could still only take one slot, and if you sold 2 out of 10 leathers, the one slot would turn into 8 left (for player who don't care about selling quick).
    Well, that's just rude. But still, an option for both types of sellers.

Kinda hopeless anyway since feedback & suggestion is a dead end street but I was just thinking it'd be nice.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sometimes you don't want 12 of thing. Like Greta said, being forced to buy stack because of better deal can sometimes be inconvenient.

It could still only take one slot, and if you sold 2 out of 10 leathers, the one slot would turn into 8 left (for player who don't care about selling quick).
    Well, that's just rude. But still, an option for both types of sellers.

Kinda hopeless anyway since feedback & suggestion is a dead end street but I was just thinking it'd be nice.

Don't feel so bad. You had three suggestions. Two of the three were well received and the other received mix opinion; that's not so bad.
    Калашников
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Every buyer should have an option to buy smaller amounts. Not be forced to buy too much of something.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    buy orders placed on the AH.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 26, 2020
    buy orders placed on the AH.

That is a good idea. It gives more power to buyers without stepping on toes. Go with throttle up. If set to auction it could work in reverse with sellers progressively offering lower prices.