Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

oh boi paid event items now

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in General Chat
You'll be able to earn regular tickets in-game, but we'll also be offering tickets through a Shopkeeper's Sale, as well as a special key exchange ticket! i remember back in old mabi you had to pay nx for keys to open chest and its terrible i hope to god its not some op gear cuz that would make this event pay2win
GretaLiberateFOXAssassinWolfsinger

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah this kind of reminds me of the very very old treasure chest events.

I mean at least hopefully this time they can't taunt players who can't open the premium chests.
    I remember in the old Ancient Treasure Chest events, if you couldn't open the premium chest, your only other option would be to drop it, but dropping it would cause this little animation where the chest would open up, show you what you could have gotten, and then poof.
    FOXAssassinWolfsinger
  • XerterXerter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited May 28, 2020
    I really hoped that this would be like the Treasure Chest event. But this is... just wow.

EDIT: Well, At least we can get them from Shadow Missions. So at least something.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The paid keys have better rates than normal ones. Now that's a p2w i guess...
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    From the event description, it sounds like this event might be a permanent addition.

"The Treasure Hidden in a Chest Shadow Mission will continue beyond June 18th."

But at the same time...

"
    You will be unable to purchase additional tickets after the sale period ends on June 18th.
    The abililty to receive the Forgotten Tomb Key Exchange Ticket (Event) from the Shadow Missions also ends on June 18th.
    "

You can't get keys after the 18th?
    What's the point of having the event run longer than the 18th if you can't do it through any methood after the date?
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 28, 2020
    From the event description, it sounds like this event might be a permanent addition.

But at the same time...

"
    You will be unable to purchase additional tickets after the sale period ends on June 18th.
    The abililty to receive the Forgotten Tomb Key Exchange Ticket (Event) from the Shadow Missions also ends on June 18th.
    "

What's the point of having the event run longer than the 18th if you can't do it through any methood after the date?

I think they leaving it in case if someone forgets to use leftover keys or something like that. They might plan to bring this event back on and off.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    RIP expensive gears price
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Just think of it as a livelier gacha sale, in which you get to punch a critter before opening it.
    Wolfsinger
  • ValentinaValentina
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    I hate this event so much!!!! Forget to obtain keys and passes with shadow missions! The rate is abysmal even with elite passes! My score so far: ZERO
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    So basically the rate from SMs is really just to be a teaser and try to get you to pay to get the keys? Kind of like getting a reforge in an attendance event when you need 100s of them to actually do something
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Looks to be something that is getting me closer on pressing the red button saying "pass".
    FOXAssassin
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Haven't started on it yet (nor anything else in-game for that matter) so cannot give any objective feed-back on it yet. We already get plenty of «freebies» (sort of) from numerous other events anyway and it's not like we're required to participate. Although that would be pretty funny if there was some sort of A.I. NPC who goes about over-powering your character and twisting your character's arm into «you're going to participate in this event or else» ...will you tap out ? ;o
  • GretaGreta
    So i spammed Conflict SM for about 1.5 hours. 11 tickets dropped from chests. I managed to only get 2 :')
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

But at the same time...

"
    "

If you have any leftover unused tickets/keys, you'll have a grace period in order use up any you haven't gotten around to using yet.
    I think.
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 28, 2020
    Oh noes, giving everyone the ability to open chests to decrease the value of extremely controlled market is bad!

Damn, now all the pleb and casuals will catch up to all the elitists and market might actually be affordable now.

Excuse me am I reading this correctly?
    You're mad they're making things more widely available and affordable?

Shoot . . .

Maybe backlash would be better if they pulled a CN server.

Same Drop Table, NX ONLY keys, no chance of anyone but whales opening chest.

/s

Hol UP!

TW server has the same event running as NA right now, Do you know what they're complaining about?

"Nothing."

Why?

Because unlike NA where the few 10% controls the entire Market, things are actually affordable for the casual players.

Stop calling this Pay To Win.
    you're not winning anything with PVE (PVP is dead content)

It has always been "Pay to Flex"

Because eventually casuals will catch up to you.

Then what?

Well I guess you'll look for something else to Flex on.

You're all okay with paying for Reforges , but having materials widely available is bad?!

Nobody is telling you to whale on this event, Hell if you're really dumb enough to whale on this then Nexon really does deserves your money.

FOXAssassinToreishiSherrijustshowing
  • DradgasDradgas
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    AwwPickles wrote: »
    Oh noes, giving everyone the ability to open chests to decrease the value of extremely controlled market is bad!

Damn, now all the pleb and casuals will catch up to all the elitists and market might actually be affordable now.

Excuse me am I reading this correctly?
    You're mad they're making things more widely available and affordable?

Shoot . . .

Maybe backlash would be better if they pulled a CN server.

Same Drop Table, NX ONLY keys, no chance of anyone but whales opening chest.

/s

Hol UP!

TW server has the same event running as NA right now, Do you know what they're complaining about?

"Nothing."

Why?

Because unlike NA where the few 10% controls the entire Market, things are actually affordable for the casual players.

Stop calling this Pay To Win.
    you're not winning anything with PVE (PVP is dead content)

It has always been "Pay to Flex"

Because eventually casuals will catch up to you.

Then what?

Well I guess you'll look for something else to Flex on.

You're all okay with paying for Reforges , but having materials widely available is bad?!

Nobody is telling you to whale on this event, Hell if you're really dumb enough to whale on this then Nexon really does deserves your money.

I mean I get where you're coming at from here, but as one of the casuals you're speaking of I haven't really been able to get a key to drop yet from the easier shadow missions. So I don't know if the casual players like me unless they've been playing for awhile will really be able to get anything that's rather costly on the market. If anything I'd say the players that have the good gear that you're talking about and are able to spam shadow missions to gather keys will just be able to amass more then they already have.

But that's just my opinion as a giant casual, I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
    FOXAssassinSherri
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    edited May 28, 2020
    Dradgas wrote: »

I mean I get where you're coming at from here, but as one of the casuals you're speaking of I haven't really been able to get a key to drop yet from the easier shadow missions. So I don't know if the casual players like me unless they've been playing for awhile will really be able to get anything that's rather costly on the market. If anything I'd say the players that have the good gear that you're talking about and are able to spam shadow missions to gather keys will just be able to amass more then they already have.

But that's just my opinion as a giant casual, I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.

This event is similar to the Saint Guardian Event not long ago, except this time they added optional NX keys (which is overpriced for what you're paying for)
    if you spam elite SMs in open/public parties you will eventually get enough keys to open all 66 chests just by participation. It's a dedication event meant to benefit the majority

The Divine weapons are hardly "P2W" because they're pretty much garbage, (0 rolls for MC/HE and trash stats) they're fodder to convince dumb whales to spend money.

(They're the same stat as if they were dropped from Baltane.)

The only thing this event does is drop the prices of all the overpriced Erg/divine weapon materials.

150m broken guardian blade are now slowly going down to 40m thanks to event. (Nao prices)

The only ones complaining about "P2W" are the people who can no longer control the market to their whim.

or the Salty people who bought materials to craft divine weapons leading up to this event.

"Wao I spent XXXm to craft my X and now event made the mats cost XXm cheaper, oh look they added NX as an Option on the event, MUST BE P2W"

Now this is where "OH THIS IS P2W" bandwagon starts.

FOXAssassinToreishiSherri
  • DradgasDradgas
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    To me 40 million might as well be 150 million from what I've been able to save up so far, so it's rather a mute point to me as a player. But if this really is better for the casuals then I guess I can't really say much more then, alright I guess.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300

Is anyone complaining that there will be more of these materials in circulation or that free users have access, too? It seems like it's more about discrepencies between rates of getting key and the reward/percentages.

If Forgotten Tomb was a permanent feature (like reforges) it might be different, but some free users maybe feel they don't have a fair chance within the time limit of event ending.

This part is personal opinion, but I dislike when discussions turn into the semantics of term "P2W". Some say it only counts for PVP, but it's often used relative to whatever task the person is trying to do. It's all advantageos pay, some just use term as shorthand.
    FOXAssassinSherri
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    edited May 28, 2020
    Dradgas wrote: »
    To me 40 million might as well be 150 million from what I've been able to save up so far, so it's rather a mute point to me as a player. But if this really is better for the casuals then I guess I can't really say much more then, alright I guess.

Prices materials are slowly going down, Broken Guardian blade was the ONLY broken material that was heavily controlled and inflated.
    they started off at 1m.. spiked to 10m, skyrocketed to 50m+ and sat at 100m+ for the longest time..

The same could be said for Erg materials. how an 8m subtle mark spikes up to 10m to 20m to sit on it's throne at 30m..
    FOXAssassin
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    edited May 28, 2020

Is anyone complaining that there will be more of these materials in circulation or that free users have access, too? It seems like it's more about discrepancies between rates of getting key and the reward/percentages.

If Forgotten Tomb was a permanent feature (like reforges) it might be different, but some free users maybe feel they don't have a fair chance within the time limit of event ending.

This part is personal opinion, but I dislike when discussions turn into the semantics of term "P2W". Some say it only counts for PVP, but it's often used relative to whatever task the person is trying to do. It's all advantages pay, some just use term as shorthand.

The percentages are only there because it's required by certain country Laws.

is 0.007% such an advantage over 0.005% ?

if all you saw was https://event.beanfun.com/mabinogi/EventAD/EventAD.aspx?EventADID=6157
    could you even argue Pay To Win? because either way you're getting 1 of the items from the list.

buying the NX key bundle gives you 1 "special" key, the other 10 keys are exactly the same as event keys..

Can you argue that 1 extra "special" key will give you a huge advantage?

"but they can buy more keys than I can farm myself that's an advantage"

True, but can't somebody else farm more than another person is willing to spend?
    are the keys drop table truly that different? would you or somebody else not benefit too if they ended up selling the excess material?

We can Argue what is truly P2W all day and never come to an agreement.
    FOXAssassin