Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Inventory Expansion Coupons

ZephirisZephiris
Mabinogi Rep: 290
in Feedback and Suggestions
Bring back Inventory Expansion coupons to the web shop, pretty please.
CrimsọnSherriNegumikoDanievictriaLylem

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Why not just leave them there; it's not like they'll lose money over it.
    SherriDanievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Like with the homestead ones.
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    they should just add them to the cash shop permanently so players can buy them when they want them. mabi KR has them in their shop all the time and they are currently on sale for half the price. they also have a new coupon called Inventory Extension PLUS which can add a 3rd row after the first 2 coupons are used. I don't see why a permanent sale in Korea is only kept as a temporary sale here. only reason our cash shop doesn't improve is cause they just want us to buy gacha constantly.

this is a bad business model cause gacha could get banned sooner or later and NA players are getting tired of only gacha items already. if Nexon NA doesn't have a way to make money other then selling gacha then when and if gacha does get banned and we still have a poorly done cash shop the game could run out of money and Nexon KR might just shut us down. now is the time to start improving the cash shop by making items like this permanent, updating VIP services, and selling more new outfit bags instead of gacha only outfits. the sooner it happens the easier it will be if and when gacha becomes illegal in the NA.
    Danievictria
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited October 2, 2019
    Negumiko wrote: »
    they should just add them to the cash shop permanently so players can buy them when they want them. mabi KR has them in their shop all the time and they are currently on sale for half the price. they also have a new coupon called Inventory Extension PLUS which can add a 3rd row after the first 2 coupons are used. I don't see why a permanent sale in Korea is only kept as a temporary sale here. only reason our cash shop doesn't improve is cause they just want us to buy gacha constantly.

this is a bad business model cause gacha could get banned sooner or later and NA players are getting tired of only gacha items already. if Nexon NA doesn't have a way to make money other then selling gacha then when and if gacha does get banned and we still have a poorly done cash shop the game could run out of money and Nexon KR might just shut us down. now is the time to start improving the cash shop by making items like this permanent, updating VIP services, and selling more new outfit bags instead of gacha only outfits. the sooner it happens the easier it will be if and when gacha becomes illegal in the NA.

Exactly! Nexon NA needs to stop trying to milk the lootboxes and pay attention to what Western players actually want. Inventory expansion coupons and inventory bags would be big sellers, especially for players who actively use multiple alts and/or do a lot of gathering, crafting, and treasure hunting. Outfit bags instead of gatchas would also sell well. They could charge more per unit for outfit bags (especially if they use a Limited Time Only release model, with outfits being in the cash shop for no more than a month or two at a time and with gaps of up to 24 months between re-releases) and editions of the bags with both the male and female outfits included could cost up to 50% more than one with either-or and people would still see that as a worthwhile purchase. I'd buy that and most American players would too, because in our culture, we perceive that as a good deal.

A lot of Eastern MMO's have financial and player-retention troubles with their Western releases because they fail to tailor their cash shop offerings to the shopping habits of Westerners. They offer pay-to-win, pay-to-progress, and gatchapon products to a culture that prefers effort-based progression, victory based on skill and hard work, and simply paying for what you want directly...with the occasional BOGO deal or 15%-70% off sale thrown in for good measure because we like to feel like we got one over on the guy selling us the thing. Yeah, most Westerners see shopping as a competition with winners and loosers. The shopper wins if they have (or feel like they have) come away with the most possible good stuff for their money, and the merchant wins if the shopper either A) has to settle for regular price, B ) gets their prize home and it turns out to be a pile of crap, or C) the shopper feels like they've been tricked into paying more than the actual worth of a product. That's the game that goes on in people's heads when they shop, which is why stores in the U.S. almost always seem to be having some kind of X% off or BOGO thing going on and why coupons are such a big thing over here. Just ask JC Penny about what happens to your business in the U.S. when you stop offering sales and coupons, even if you DO have fair prices on your wares that are basically what people would pay anyway after the X% from sales and/or coupons is taken off.

Know your market. Westerners see shopping as a competition between buyer and seller with a winner and a loser...and they don't like shopping with sellers that never let them win...or, at least have the illusion of winning. Human psychology is weird...
    NegumikoDraechSkullKing
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They don't necessarily have to stop, there's always those who will keep buying.
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    id like it if they would sell the items in gotcha along side the gatcha i know it would cost more but i much rather get what i want at a higher price and then maybe buy some gatcha with whats left over.
    DanievictriaNegumiko
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I DEFINITELY need inventory expansions more than new inventory bags. Currently, my entire normal inventory is nothing but inventory bags, and it's gotten really crowded. I don't know that I can get any bigger inventory bags than the ones I have now unless I throw out some inventory bags. The Soul Stream Inventory was a great idea to expand inventories, but I feel like it is far to limited in how often we get inventory expansion. It would be nice to have the extra inventory space so we could put more bags into our normal inventory. I'm a pack rat, so I end up having to use all my pets inventory to store all my garbage.
  • Zan3Zan3
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Still looking for this to be permanently added to the cash shop.
    Rimbaud
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Could use them too.. for a character I've been playing on a lot recently..
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    In need of this....
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Waiting patiently for these to return also