Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Transformation Customization

xuqc01xuqc01
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Feedback and Suggestions
I've always been frustrated with transformations (Paladin, Dark Knight, Falcon, Beast) because of the lack of customization and the inability to select a specific stage, for example, the Savage Beast, Beast Slugger, Iron Beast, and Beast Lord stages for giants. I discovered that I liked the appearance of a previous stage (Beast Slugger) rather than the final stage (Beast Lord), however, it is too late to reverse my selection. Despite the benefits of transforming, its become difficult because of the appearance of the horrid mismatches between my color scheme and transformation's colors.

It would be a great addition to the game if players could select their transformation stage or revert their selection. Furthermore, I believe that the ability to customize their transformations' colors or be able to add accessories, similar to the Eidos for the Nascent Divinity transformation, would also be another great addition to the G2 and G3 transformations. Nowadays, I feel as if players do not transform because it does not match their "style". However, adding the ability to customize a player's transformation would give a reason for them to transform other than the stats, and it would give a sense of individuality between players, a quality everyone desires in an MMO.
Negumiko
  1. Add the ability to customize colors and accessories for G2 and G3 transformations?7 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (7 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 17, 2020
    just being able to use any previous armor we have unlocked would be a nice start and allowing transformations to equip second titles and any first title they want to improve stats. it would be nice if there were a few transformation accessories. they are already going back and adding voices to G1 and making other small improvements, hopefully they will look at G2 and G3 and revamp our transformations so they will actually be useful again. plus Infra Black is probably the worst looking final form out of all of them.
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Personally, I like the colors I have for my transformation, and I'm fine with the appearance overall. I would love to be able to use previous ranks' appearances at Rank 1 though. Falcon Sage looks awful with its purple spiky dorito wings. The wings are the biggest reason I refuse to bump my Falcon up to Rank 1, although I just overall prefer Falcon Wave over Sage anyways.

I know someone who refuses to rank their transformation higher than Black Knight, too. I can't blame them either. I will fully agree Infra Black is the worst looking final form.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I like the hair on second last stage of beast the best. First stage of Falcon is best, I think.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    I like the hair on second last stage of beast the best. First stage of Falcon is best, I think.

all those Desert Warriors were once first stage Falcons as well. that transformation has some nasty side effects but yeah the first stage is my favorite too. I also think the walls of Longa dungeon show the history of Falcon and Beast transformations:
    elf__giant_history_by_kittykira_ddzljmg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0zMzAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wMzVkYmFlYy1hMDdiLTRjZmMtOGVmNC03ZmZkNmI4Njc5ODhcL2RkemxqbWctZjc3ZTE1YTQtNzFiNy00NTQ1LTg0MjItOTI5YmI4ZDk3MTJlLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.ta8rHTM_ABb4DjCN-k7YqpWT7kuh88-Xgpj44WNs53k

on the left you can see people kneeling to some shadowy god like figure with some some faded giant statues above them suggesting the giants wished to obtain even greater beast like strength. the elves are probably the ones on the right begging a blue god like creature for power with faded air currents moving over them suggesting they were given Falcon power. even Albey dungeon walls show a little about the dark knights so it wouldn't be the first time mabinogi has dropped little hints in small places.
    KalulahIon
  • KalulahKalulah
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

all those Desert Warriors were once first stage Falcons as well. that transformation has some nasty side effects but yeah the first stage is my favorite too. I also think the walls of Longa dungeon show the history of Falcon and Beast transformations:
    elf__giant_history_by_kittykira_ddzljmg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0zMzAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wMzVkYmFlYy1hMDdiLTRjZmMtOGVmNC03ZmZkNmI4Njc5ODhcL2RkemxqbWctZjc3ZTE1YTQtNzFiNy00NTQ1LTg0MjItOTI5YmI4ZDk3MTJlLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.ta8rHTM_ABb4DjCN-k7YqpWT7kuh88-Xgpj44WNs53k

on the left you can see people kneeling to some shadowy god like figure with some some faded giant statues above them suggesting the giants wished to obtain even greater beast like strength. the elves are probably the ones on the right begging a blue god like creature for power with faded air currents moving over them suggesting they were given Falcon power. even Albey dungeon walls show a little about the dark knights so it wouldn't be the first time mabinogi has dropped little hints in small places.

Can't say I ever noticed that about Longa before. When I first went in there I was more distracted by the eyes on the floor leading to doors, and the falling sand. Any time after that, I was more concerned about getting the dungeon done. Neat to see though.