Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ego Firewand, Divine Blade, Demonic 1h Sword...

RakRak
Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
edited July 13, 2020 in General Chat
So I got back into the game a few days ago and have a few questions I can't seem to find the answer to:
Given the change to ego weapons, what is the best upgrade path for an Ego Firewand? I assume it's something with CC+4 and Red special upgrade, but who knows, there's probably a Chain Casting skill nowadays, so maybe upgrade for more damage/speed? It's got lv15 speed casting and lv25 firebolt damage, so I'd like to use it even if there's better staff egos nowadays.

I've been hearing a lot about the Divine Blade meta as well. Anyone knows a price range for them? I saw some sold in the AH for 300m, but I'm thinking there's some variation in there. Also, are there different variants out there with different stats or anything like that? I'd rather not sell a kidney just to get an inferior variant lol.

As for the Demonic Knight Sword, I know they've been outclassed nowadays, but back when CRKs came out, the DKS outdamaged it using FH + Attack Speed set. Would that still be the case? I've been reading about skills that increase AS (Attack Speed), so maybe CRKs can now hit the speed cap, thus rendering the DKS obsolete. Also noticed you can't ego the DKS? ? D:

Thanks in advance for the help, people. I have so many questions and my google-fu and wiki-fu are failing me. q_q

Comments

• TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    For the divine blade, prices vary depending on the server you're in.

Human meta right now is the divine blade, however before that most people will use Fanatic Greatsword. If you're on Alexina and have the mats I can craft you one.

The ego wand's ultimate skill is to give fusion bolt chain casting +2. If youre wanting to use firebolt then yes cc is good, Especially because the wand:amplitude will give you splash damage for firebolt.
    Rak
  • RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Thank you, Twelie. You answered all my questions right off the bat. As for the offer on the Fanatic Greatsword, I thank you, but I'll have to pass on it. Besides the fact that I don't even know what mats it needs, I've heard getting a good roll on one, and doing enchanting/reforging/erging/etc can take up to 1b gold and it'd still be inferior to the divine blade. I'd rather not spend so much on one, specially when I've already gotten a few other weapons that can keep me afloat until then. Still, thank you for the kind offer. ^^

Twelie