Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fynn Pets and Friend summons

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in General Chat
This is gonna make some go crazy, so I apologize in advance.

Anyone know, or tried, having a fynn pet (2) in the friend summon slot of another fynn pet (1), and that fynn pet (2) in the friend summon slot of fynn pet (1) has a fynn pet (3) in a friend summon slot, would it cascade, with (1) summoning (2), would (2) summon (3) and so on?

Basically do Fynn pet friend summons keep summoning?

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I doubt it, otherwise you could have Fynn pets support each-other and cause an infinite loop.
    I suspect the 'friend summon' just spawns them for their summon effect, not anything else.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 21, 2020
    From what I understand, adding a pet (2) to a friend slot makes pet (1) eat pet (2) similar to a normal Fynn Sinc, so you wouldn't be able to make an infinite loops.
    I would like to assume that pet (2) cannot summon other friends, but that would probably also assume that pet (2) cannot use beads, which would making beading (2) pointless if you're going to pet Sync it? It would also kill all of pet (2)'s friend. I've not added any friends yet so this is all speculation..

Edit:
    I was wrong, you don't destroy the pet (2) to add it to the pet (1)'s friend slot.
  • CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    edited July 21, 2020
    No, friend summon requires you to activate it via hotkey or by clicking the friend you want to summon.

2adcd31aa4.jpg
    Bronzebreak
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Ceui wrote: »
    No, friend summon requires you to activate it via hotkey or by clicking the friend you want to summon.

2adcd31aa4.jpg

Ah, so it's not automatically used. Ah okay.