Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold-Leaf Pine Cones

EvilJinnEvilJinn
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
edited July 16, 2020 in General Chat
Do you only get 1 per whistle or does the amount vary depending on whistle level?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It depends on the Whistle's level.

Like I traded in a level 55 Whistle and got 3 Pinecones, and then a level 60 one for 4 Pinecones.

I'm not sure on the thresholds for more Pinecones, but it definitely goes up as the Whistle's level does.
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Thank you! I was hoping that was the case.
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    edited July 18, 2020
    Level 40-something gave 3 pinecones.
    EDIT: Level 90 gave me 5 pinecones, so idk what the formula is.

• roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    I got 10 for a level 198... I didn’t take note of it, but, iirc, i got 8 for a lvl 150ish
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    roastedpig wrote: »
    I got 10 for a level 198... I didn’t take note of it, but, iirc, i got 8 for a lvl 150ish

if the pet is 100 or higher you get 6 pine cones and then 8 around level 150.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    So basically, you get more the longer you wait... Sounds about right.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So it seems like at r1 Blossoming in a normal cage, a grade A gem takes 16 ish hours to blossom, and ends up level 195~200, which is 10 pine cones.
    At r1 in a normal cage, a grade E gem takes very slightly over 2 hours, and ends up level 35~40, which is 2 pine cones.

So it actually seems like grade E is better for pine cones per hour, but I think A grade is better since you'll end up with higher level Fynni Pets if you actually use the whistles instead of trading them in for pine cones, which will make better use of Cosmos Perfume.

Well, I'm sure there's some kinda optimal way to do it.
  • thenoguythenoguy
    think its Whistle level /20 + 1(round down and cap of 10) for pine cones
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    edited July 23, 2020
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    3c14d90d87.png
    Pip-Boy