Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confession time

Comments

  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,345
    Posts: 1,093
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I live decently close to a gulf actually. Maybe a few hours drive.
    Its not that I've never eaten fish, its that I've never eaten fish that I liked. But then I've never really had anything of quality outside of fast food, which my mom insists is the only reason why I dislike it. Much as I disagree, there's just a texture there that I don't care as much for.
    Which is funny to me for many reasons, but we've often disagreed on matters of food and taste since the early days, so XD

    Maybe we can break you in slowly; how's this for a hillbilly, down-home, NASCAR-watching, trailer park, I-only-eat-cows/chickens/pigs-blessed-by-the-lord, gourmet seafood recipe: a can of Campbells Chunky Soup "New England Style Clam Chowder" over Fettuccini, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, to taste. Give that a shot.

    Lol I'll look into that, next time I have the chance to hit the store XD
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I'd like to try cooking [fish] for you some day. For the record, a boy from California visited us once (or was it twice), and he HATED tomatoes. For what-ever reason, even though he was insisting that me putting tomatoes in my sammich-style wrap was [looked] «disgusting» ...I guess he seemed to like to copy a bunch of things I did, and so I made him the same thing to eat, and we ate each of our own simultaneously. Then he was all [wide-eyed] like...: «Hey, OMG, this actually tastes GOOD...!»

    ...from that day onwards he was willing to eat tomatoes. I later on learned that, once he returned to California, that his whole entire family was talking about me & how I managed to get him to do something that his very own mother tried for years & Years & YEARS with no success (i.e.: the eating of tomatoes). I think a lot of what makes food edible or perhaps «tolerable» is in the combination of cooking methods & which ingredients are used (he even seemed to LOVE the way that I cooked rice; also saying that his mother has never made rice as tasty as I did, but to answer his question of how I did it, I'd only respond : Ancient Chinese Secret [trololololol ?]).

    I mean, liver isn't something that I'd like to eat just by itself, but I know of its health-benefits so I most certainly do not throw it away, either. The manner in which I use to make liver more acceptable as an ingredient is to chop it up into tiny bits, mix it with meat and/or seasoning, then mix into main-course.

    P.S.: Fast-Food is not necessarily quality. I heard stories about how there was an instance of a man who kept a McDonald's hamburger in his coat-pocket for like 15 (or maybe 20) years, but, when opening up the wrapper, the burger looked exactly the same as it did when first bought so many years ago.
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Its not that I've never eaten fish, its that I've never eaten fish that I liked. But then I've never really had anything of quality outside of fast food, which my mom insists is the only reason why I dislike it. Much as I disagree, there's just a texture there that I don't care as much for.
    Which is funny to me for many reasons, but we've often disagreed on matters of food and taste since the early days, so XD

    Might be interesting, I have found things I like from someone's cooking that I didn't enjoy before. I think a lot of it just depends what's done to it. That, and everyone does it a little differently no matter what recipe you follow.

    Also, after reading over my post again, I realize I erred in my phrasing. Fast food is NOT quality food by any stretch of the word, I've never been under any delusions of that XD Particularly when you read those stories, like HOLY CARP that's scary stuff.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,160
    Posts: 7,643
    Member
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    every single time i've had an avocado i've hated it, its often because the cooks keep forgetting when i ask for no avocado on my sandwich or whatever so it aint a bad experience
    i just hate those things but everyone loves them :<

    I eat avocado with sugar or honey, it's vastly different from everyone else's way of eating it.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,610
    Posts: 306
    Member
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    every single time i've had an avocado i've hated it, its often because the cooks keep forgetting when i ask for no avocado on my sandwich or whatever so it aint a bad experience
    i just hate those things but everyone loves them :<

    I eat avocado with sugar or honey, it's vastly different from everyone else's way of eating it.

    what kind of monster are you?
    Kensamaofmari
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 218
    Member
    the kind that your mom warned you about
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,345
    Posts: 1,093
    Member
    Julie wrote: »
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    every single time i've had an avocado i've hated it, its often because the cooks keep forgetting when i ask for no avocado on my sandwich or whatever so it aint a bad experience
    i just hate those things but everyone loves them :<

    I eat avocado with sugar or honey, it's vastly different from everyone else's way of eating it.

    what kind of monster are you?

    LOL That is DEFINITELY a different way of eating it! I'm almost interested in trying it, almost XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,160
    Posts: 7,643
    Member
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    every single time i've had an avocado i've hated it, its often because the cooks keep forgetting when i ask for no avocado on my sandwich or whatever so it aint a bad experience
    i just hate those things but everyone loves them :<

    I eat avocado with sugar or honey, it's vastly different from everyone else's way of eating it.

    what kind of monster are you?

    LOL That is DEFINITELY a different way of eating it! I'm almost interested in trying it, almost XD

    It works.